Bonehead of the week: Richmond

IDK what happened to Kurt but somewhere in the debacle between him pitting as the leader then losing spots on pit road and then having a car that wouldn't drive has to have some kind of bonehead. I know Kurt didn't forget how to drive in that short a time.

I spent a lot of time focused on the free pass battle today. I don't understand how they think Ryan Blaney was lined up incorrectly on that restart. Blaney was ahead of Stewart at the time of caution, was ahead on the restart, and still ahead at the point of the next caution.

I gotta give it to NASCAR for playing favorites on Smokes big day.

I spent a lot of time focused on the free pass battle today. I don't understand how they think Ryan Blaney was lined up incorrectly on that restart. Blaney was ahead of Stewart at the time of caution, was ahead on the restart, and still ahead at the point of the next caution.

I gotta give it to NASCAR for playing favorites on Smokes big day.
Clearly Tony is Nascar's favorite. I mean they've only fined him 1093843 times in his career.

My pick goes to people complaining about empty stands. If it bothers you, buy a ticket and go.

I liked when seats weren't full myself. Nobody smoking like a chimney in front of me, room to stretch out, extra seat for my cooler and no traffic to contend with. @dpkimmel2001

Fox stream changing to hockey at 4PM.

It actually worked for you?

For the week, NASCAR fining Smoke

That's a candidate for bonehead move of the year. I mean, not even 24 hours later, they said they'd consider rule changes.

It actually worked for you?
Wasn't "official" Fox stream. Started getting glitchy so shut down and restarted. Then it had switched to a baseball highlight show and hockey. Not sure what was going on. Listened to scanner till checkered flag dropped and shut er down. Had no idea who won nor did i care. About done with the sport. Sold TV and returned cable stuff last week. DONE!

I'm honestly gonna say Bonehead move is Kyle not managing his tires the final run, ESPECIALLY considering how he wore them out the run prior.

He opened up a second lead in 4 laps; if he backed it down a bit, he would have been able to hold Carl off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm honestly gonna say Bonehead move is Kyle not managing his tires the final run, ESPECIALLY considering how he wore them out the run prior.

He opened up a second lead in 4 laps; if he backed it down a bit, he would have been able to hold Carl off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When he got that big lead on the last restart I was thinking wow he must be using those tires up. In Kyle's defense he almost timed it right. If he just saved them a little bit more he probably wins. Carl is usually pretty awesome at saving tires.

I don't think it would've mattered. Edwards had the better car and the only thing Kyle could've done was driven harder the last lap. He was racing defensively. So ironically he lost the race by being conservative. When he milked it through one and two and Edwards closed right up on him I knew what was coming

I don't think it would've mattered. Edwards had the better car and the only thing Kyle could've done was driven harder the last lap. He was racing defensively. So ironically he lost the race by being conservative. When he milked it through one and two and Edwards closed right up on him I knew what was coming

Fair enough, I feel you. I do disagree in regards to it not mattering; I do think it could have turned out just a bit differently. However generally, I think you kinda hit the nail on the head. I expected contacted after two and two also, Carl usually gets aggressive when racing for the win.

I'd have to give it to the 41 crew. Also, to whoever designed Chase Elliott's paint scheme.

Was it just me or was the 4-lug issue not actually a big deal in the race this time?

I'd like to give an honorary mention to Fox for giving us a split screen of the battle for the win and Samantha Busch at the same time. We want to see the end of an exciting race, not a wife throwing a hissy fit or cheering.

Rick Allen - broadcasting the Indycar race on NBCSN...and he wasn't even at Richmond or on FOX. I had the NASCAR race DVR’d ready to watch after the Indycar race but he went ahead and announced during the Indycar race that Carl had won the other race.

Rick Allen - broadcasting the Indycar race on NBCSN...and he wasn't even at Richmond or on FOX. I had the NASCAR race DVR’d ready to watch after the Indycar race but he went ahead and announced during the Indycar race that Carl had won the other race.
That sux

I'd have to give it to the 41 crew. Also, to whoever designed Chase Elliott's paint scheme.

Was it just me or was the 4-lug issue not actually a big deal in the race this time?

That scheme was terrible ... number was even wrong color

Back
Top Bottom