Bonehead of the week: Sonoma-Iowa

MRM

Team Owner
Plenty of boneheads to go around this week. So many, I can't think of them all. So I'll go with Chad Knaus for leaving his laptop in a rental car to get stolen. Apparently it was not hard for the thief to get it.

Kevin O'Connell road course expert my ass. Kasey is lucky he's not hurt that was a hard hit.

I've got to give it to my own driver. Austin Dillon had a very good run going, then over drove it and spun with a couple laps to go.

P1 Kyle Larson.

Modern-day NASCAR hero built for 20 laps sprints and segments. Used his car up before half the race was run.

I don't think he's supposed to be a road course ace. Has anyone even heard of him before?
I have heard of him for years really only runs road courses.

I have heard of him for years really only runs road courses.
Kinda strange. I remember his Road America result a few years ago now but it doesn't look like he's done anything in any series. And he's run mainly lower level NASCAR series.

Kevin O'Connell road course expert my ass. Kasey is lucky he's not hurt that was a hard hit.

IMG_1251.JPG

P1 Kyle Larson.

Modern-day NASCAR hero built for 20 laps sprints and segments. Used his car up before half the race was run.

Lol. He did bounce off a lot of stuff yesterday. The only collision I saw that was his fault was the 3-wide under Danica situation. KyBu slamming into him in the esses is what I think actually really affected that car. It was fine before that restart.

I've gotta give it to the lapper that almost killed Kasey Kahne on the final lap.

Any owner that still thinks there's something to be gained by putting a substitute in the car for road course races, esp. now that Boris has announced the Glen will be his last NASCAR race.

Any owner that still thinks there's something to be gained by putting a substitute in the car for road course races, esp. now that Boris has announced the Glen will be his last NASCAR race.
I think it can still work with the right team and the right ringer. Boris getting even to 29th is an above-average result for that team, and he's lost a lot of pace through the years. The problem is, these teams are getting washed-up guys or guys that really aren't that reputable to begin with. But those who are probably don't want those rides, I suppose.

Dinger. While entertaining, the ultra aggressive style doesn't work too well at Sonoma. Gotta choose your spots wisely 47...

Honorable Mention: the 88. Still managed to finish P6 and was as high as P2 at one point. For as many incidents she found herself in, I thought Danica managing 17th was somewhat impressive. She had a fast car, I thought she'd fall back more so at the green flag.

I agree , she had a fast Horse and did a hell of a job. Smacking up the nose killed her day. I thought she easily had a top ten or better car.

Back
Top Bottom