Bonehead of the week: Sonoma

My bonehead of the week is the crew for the 5 car. Took a winning car and crapped away a win with bad strategy compounded with a wheel coming off that will also cause the crew chief and others to miss the next 4 races.
With that strategy call, Cliff Daniels deserves 4 races off. Passing was obviously extremely difficult today.

I'll expand the first post to include the 9 team as well Hendrick blew it in pits today

I will not call any person a bonehead, but I will call every tool, every metric, and decision that went into MY Toyota set ups....The Bonehead of the Week. Catastrophic fail on every level. The cars and engines were fine, but the set ups were horrendous. Part of my joy of this sport as a Toyota fanboy is to watch them fix what goes wrong (i.e. Phoenix set ups to WWT Raceway). I look forward to watching them fix this. Kaizen kids. Here we go.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
HMS as a whole:
Cliff Daniels burying the 5 in traffic to win a stage when he had this one won easily, then:
9 Team for botching pitstop when they had backed into the win due to 5 missteps and then getting penalty

Around here, TVs at bars are usually on golf or baseball and Fox News.
there was no game of the week going on yesterday until ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball Mets @ Angels which started just as the race finished up. Maybe there was an MLB Network Game Of The Week going on, I didnt flip to that. I was switching between PGA and NASCAR

Hows that? Why would you leave a ****** bartender that wouldn't even change a TV channel for you a tip? I tip on service. Give me good service I give you a good tip. Give me ****** service I give you a ****** tip.

5 months of the year I'm a ski instructor and the other 7 I do wedding catering.... about 1/3 my annual income is from tips. And I totally agree with this post.

My bonehead of the week is the crew for the 5 car. Took a winning car and crapped away a win with bad strategy compounded with a wheel coming off that will also cause the crew chief and others to miss the next 4 races.
5 team.

The way the race played out, pitting in stage 1 probably guarantees track position.

HMS as a whole really.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

HMS as a whole:
Cliff Daniels burying the 5 in traffic to win a stage when he had this one won easily, then:
9 Team for botching pitstop when they had backed into the win due to 5 missteps and then getting penalty
This.

This was an all time bad race by a team that had no business NOT winning (HMS, not the 5 car).

Larson was in his own zip code...Elliott was in his own zip code from the field.

I think Daniel winning sweetens it..but this was just bad bad bad execution. Reminds me of the 48/24 dominated races at Martinsville. That team is the best in history. So when they show up with cars like that, anything but a win is failure. HMS has a history of closing out races where they decimate the field, so this was an all time bad race for two championship winning teams.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m sure I’m in the minority

Who ever thought road courses are a good thing

Went to Mid-Ohio once
Was in the “S’s” everyone was sitting around enjoying their lunch
Then everyone jumped up watched cars go by for 30 seconds
Everyone sat down finished their sandwiches
Couple minutes later same thing

Drove me crazy
Ended up sitting in front of a giant tv for the rest of race

Never again

After what we saw Sunday, this may be a break for the 5.

Back
Top Bottom