Bonehead of the week: Talladega

Has to be Denny for getting a speeding penalty while serving his speeding penalty.

KDB, for ruining Blaney's day.
636265721353807733-D8168-KyleBuschTee.jpg

Hard to pass on Hamlin.

But I’m personally gonna go with Ryan Newman. For being Ryan Newman and not pushing the 88 on the last restart and then the entire 2 laps after it.
Ricky Stenhouse for being a little bitch. Apparently he was perfectly content with staying in line behind all the other Fords instead of following Elliott to the front for a chance to battle for the win
Maybe Stenhouse should have pushed Bowman, and Newman should have helped Elliott?

I've never seen a driver's contract; maybe that's why I didn't know some drivers are obligated to help others. But then, one of the things I hate about plate racing is drivers having to rely on other drivers.

The teams do what they do,. they were able to remove almost any effect the spoiler had on keeping the rear end down. It wasn't the car, gen whatever, it was whatever the teams came up with to make it faster then stink. Didn't drive worth a crap, but they were fast. There will be changes and the whiners will complain about the changes to the car..the circle of Nascar life.

Maybe Stenhouse should have pushed Bowman, and Newman should have helped Elliott?

I've never seen a driver's contract; maybe that's why I didn't know some drivers are obligated to help others. But then, one of the things I hate about plate racing is drivers having to rely on other drivers.
There was something to it. At first it was like “maybe Newman didn’t get going... “ but then Ryan seemed to be dragging the brake because he would close in and then drop off at weird closing speeds. It killed both of their runs. The guy is not a favorite to begin with but he killed two chances at a good finish.

There was something to it. At first it was like “maybe Newman didn’t get going... “ but then Ryan seemed to be dragging the brake because he would close in and then drop off at weird closing speeds. It killed both of their runs. The guy is not a favorite to begin with but he killed two chances at a good finish.
Apparently I needed the 'Sarcacm' tag...

I really don't think so. I believe the whole thing was caused by Jones coming down on the apron then being shot back up track.
Chase Elliott's herky-jerky block on the 18 also contributed to that deal IMO. It was a bad move because Chase was too late with the block for lap 71.
The best plate racers 'force' competitors to give help in an attempt to help themselves. They don't give help from some altruistic motive.

Space cadet Hamlin is an easy one, but I'll suggest anyone stating these guys are sackless while driving 200+ MPH inches apart while sitting in a recliner. If the cars are a pain in the ass to handle, you can't just will your car to the front.

“It was an unusual Talladega,” Aric Almirola said. “The cars are a big handful. They keep getting them lower and lower and lower and we are going faster and faster and faster but the cars just drive worse. It is a lot harder to run in a big pack three and four-wide all day long.”" “It was an unusual Talladega,” Aric Almirola said. “The cars are a big handful. They keep getting them lower and lower and lower and we are going faster and faster and faster but the cars just drive worse. It is a lot harder to run in a big pack three and four-wide all day long.”

Chase Elliott agreed.

“The cars are just pretty unstable so the racing is just different,” Elliott said. “Nobody is going to want to race quite as hard because their stuff is not driving as good to be able to do it.”" “The cars are just pretty unstable so the racing is just different,” Elliott said. “Nobody is going to want to race quite as hard because their stuff is not driving as good to be able to do it.”

Jimmie Johnson said it felt like a normal restrictor plate race to him — at least from the ****pit.

“The cars weren’t handling really good, so you had to be very cautious with the runs that you had and where you had them,” Johnson said. “I don’t know how that looked to the eyeballs watching from the outside, but inside it seemed like a normal plate race except going 20 mph faster with the lower ride heights.”" “The cars weren’t handling really good, so you had to be very cautious with the runs that you had and where you had them,” Johnson said. “I don’t know how that looked to the eyeballs watching from the outside, but inside it seemed like a normal plate race except going 20 mph faster with the lower ride heights.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/takeaways-talladega-unstable-cars-lead-relatively-tame-race-231156740.html

Commercials, I didn't see no stinking commercials!!!!!! Love my DVR.

As do I .......... but my fast forward finger started cramping up :( We got
"side by side commercials" "side by each commercials" "commercials within commercials" " commercials on top of commercials" "commercials at the bottom of the screen" every kind of commercial imaginable, and a hell of a lot of em

Reactions: sdj
I'm surprised Kahne actually got mad about something. Maybe there's life left in his racing career after all.

Back
Top Bottom