Bonehead of the Week: Texas-Nashville-Pocono

D

Digger

I didn't catch the Truck race.

My candidates.

Chase Miller: Driving like grandma, causing a huge logjam ending up with the best car/driver Joey Logano getting crashed out at Nashville.

Sam Hornish: Front bumper moved Carpentier and Franchitti.

Wild Thing: Wrecked 3 times at Pocono. Went to block a car in the race that was clearly beside him and then blames everyone else on his team.

My vote's a 2-for-one special. 60% for Sam Hornish, 40% for Wild Thing.

Hmm, you must have seen an interview that I didn't. The one I saw, Kyle took responsibility for the wreck.
"They broke the mirror" "The spotter didn't say anything" even though when they played back the crash you could hear the spotter saying "26 outside" and Wild Thing turned right anyways.

Kyle's gonna win at Sonoma and The Glen. He's better at turning right than anyone else so far (i.e. Richmond and Pocono today).

"They broke the mirror" "The spotter didn't say anything" even though when they played back the crash you could hear the spotter saying "26 outside" and Wild Thing turned right anyways...

From ESPN...

"I saw [McMurray] get high, get loose -- and thought he faded back further than what he did when the 84 [A.J. Allmendinger] passed him," Busch said. "Didn't know he was still out there. We broke the mirror trying to adjust it there before the race and I couldn't see anything out of the right-rear quarter panel. So I couldn't clear myself. The spotter didn't say anything, so I apologize to McMurray for wrecking their day."

From ESPN...

"I saw [McMurray] get high, get loose -- and thought he faded back further than what he did when the 84 [A.J. Allmendinger] passed him," Busch said. "Didn't know he was still out there. We broke the mirror trying to adjust it there before the race and I couldn't see anything out of the right-rear quarter panel. So I couldn't clear myself. The spotter didn't say anything, so I apologize to McMurray for wrecking their day."
YES HE DID!

They played it back on the TNT broadcast, and the spotter clearly told him McMurray was there.

Take a rest.

If you listen (carefully, this time) you can hear the spotter STARTING to tell him that the 26 was outside, but Kyle moved over before the spotter could finish speaking. Regardless, by Kyle apologizing, he clearly took responsibility for the wreck...

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2008/06/08/cup.poc.two.nascar/index.html?MostPopular

You have to remember, Andy's the founding member of the Kyle Busch Hater club, and therefore HAS TO blame Kyle and badmouth him for everything that happens, regardless of fault. I think it's in his contract or something.:D

best car/driver Joey Logano
Already calling him the best driver? Sure he's talanted but is some of that talent because of great equipment? Best driver since the invention of sliced bread IMO still remains to be seen. Now this kid has alot of pressure on him cause we all know he's in a car that is a proven winner any time of the week so he better put it in victory lane soon or I say this so called "racing god" will be a bust.

A driver is supposed to hear "clear" from his spotter before he changes grooves after passing.

You have to remember, Andy's the founding member of the Kyle Busch Hater club, and therefore HAS TO blame Kyle and badmouth him for everything that happens, regardless of fault. I think it's in his contract or something.:D
Thanks for giving me the due credit for that. :D

And my club is PACKED! I can't fit anyone else in here. :D

Remember, I did form this club BEFORE Richmond. Man is it packed now! :D

My vote goes to the safety crew at pocono that stood around and watched Juan Pablo's car burn.

My vote goes to the safety crew at pocono that stood around and watched Juan Pablo's car burn.

I'm with you PettyBlue, and NASCAR's explanation was equally as dumb, clearly Montoya was perfectly fine and the car was, well, still on fire!!

I'm with you PettyBlue, and NASCAR's explanation was equally as dumb, clearly Montoya was perfectly fine and the car was, well, still on fire!!
As Wally said, it still took them forever to get there.

YES HE DID!

They played it back on the TNT broadcast, and the spotter clearly told him McMurray was there.

He did NOT say the 26 was outside. He said the 26, then Crash. If he wasn't trying to give Jamies life story to Kyle then it would have happened. If he would have said "outside" Instead of "The 26 is looking good today, that Jamie Mac must be thrilled to be having a good run, oh by the way, he is to your outside" then Kyle wouldn't have done that.

My candidates:

1. Kyle Busch for going into a hole that was not there.

2. The safety crew for letting Montoya's car burn an extra 45-60 seconds while standing there and watching.

3. Tony Stewart for screwing himself out of a top 5 finish by getting a pit road speeding penalty, getting a 35th place finish, and is about to be passed by David Regan for 12th.

Yup, that one has to win the award for bonehead move of the season. When the hel is Nascar going to wise up and employ an actual safety crew like the IRL does, instead of relying on local crews?
or nhra...theirs is the best i would say.

"Safety crew" gets my vote. That was the most idiotic thing I've seen and Nascar's explanation only made it worse.

KyleB made a radical change of direction which didn't give the spotter enough time to tell him the 26 car was there. I don't believe even the spotter thought Kyle was going to try to get in front of Jamie McM.

Kyle screwed himself and whether he took the blame or not, he pulled a boneheaded move. KyleB is exciting to watch, easy to love or hate, but still the best driver in the series.
This doesn't exonerate him of blame when making overly aggressive moves that screws up other cars.

Just a thought on the last spin by KyleB. Could it not have been deliberate to set the stage for a charge by Hamlin or Stewart in the closing laps ?? :D

KyleB made a radical change of direction which didn't give the spotter enough time to tell him the 26 car was there. I don't believe even the spotter thought Kyle was going to try to get in front of Jamie McM.

Kyle screwed himself and whether he took the blame or not, he pulled a boneheaded move. KyleB is exciting to watch, easy to love or hate, but still the best driver in the series.
This doesn't exonerate him of blame when making overly aggressive moves that screws up other cars.

Just a thought on the last spin by KyleB. Could it not have been deliberate to set the stage for a charge by Hamlin or Stewart in the closing laps ?? :D

Nothing was going to help Stewart. He was a lap down because of his speeding penalty and wasn't in line for the lucky dog.

Nothing was going to help Stewart. He was a lap down because of his speeding penalty and wasn't in line for the lucky dog.

I dont think he was lapped then was he? I thought that came later :idunno:

I dont think he was lapped then was he? I thought that came later :idunno:
Yes he was lapped. It was during green flag pit stops, he got trapped a lap down and a yellow flag came out during the sequence. Some nobody loser who can't finish higher than 30th got the free pass.

Oh ok. It was kinda hard for me to focus on the race as i couldn't stay awake.

Yes he was lapped. It was during green flag pit stops, he got trapped a lap down and a yellow flag came out during the sequence. Some nobody loser who can't finish higher than 30th got the free pass.

I hope you weren't speaking of Terry.
coolglasses.gif

Ok here it is frm nascar.com "lap by lap"

Lap 177 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 10: Kyle Busch spins coming off Turn 1 to bring out the caution.

Lap 176 -- Kurt Busch is in for his stop and gets four tires and a wedge adjustment.

Lap 176 -- LEAD CHANGE: Carl Edwards gets the lead after Kahne's pit stop.

Lap 175 -- Kasey Kahne is in for his green-flag stop. Fuel and four tires for Kahne, and a slight wedge adjustment on the right side. Denny Hamlin is also in for adjustments.

Lap 174 -- Carl Edwards moves around Denny Hamlin to take second.

Lap 171 -- Tony Stewart is in for a pit stop. He gets changes and tires

They said that the crew member were there to help the driver, that the car was not their responsibility

Back
Top Bottom