Bonehead of the Week: The Last Great Colosseum

Bristol Bonehead?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digger

My nominees are: Wildthing for his postrace cheap shot, Junyer for jumping the start, Casey Mears' spotter for telling him he was clear leading to a huge wreck, and ESPN for their god-awful coverage (last night especially) this weekend.

Any others?

Carl Edwards for his lame excuse for bumping Kyle out of the lead.

Honorable mention goes to Jack Rousch for being overly happy that his driver took another driver out for the lead. If it happened to him, he'd be marching down to the Nascar trailer to whine.

Carl Edwards for his lame excuse for bumping Kyle out of the lead.

Because Kyle's never wrecked anyone out of a race for any position. :sarcasm:

Honorable mention goes to Jack Rousch for being overly happy that his driver took another driver out for the lead. If it happened to him, he'd be marching down to the Nascar trailer to whine.

Carl hardly took Kyle out. :rolleyes:

He didn't bump him, he didn't slam him, he didn't wreck him; he rubbed him. To quote Harry Hogge, "And rubbin, son, is racin'."

I'm no Jack Roush fan nor am I a Carl Edwards fan, but this is Bristol baby, and that's fair game at Bristol!

It has happened to him. If Mears was right about his spotter, it goes to him.

It has happened to him. If Mears was right about his spotter, it goes to him.
No, Mears was right. They played the replay back with "Sprint Communications" radio.

Spotter: "Clear, clear."

(wreck happens)

Mears: "Oh dang it." (not sure if this is what he actually said, that's what the CC said (I was at the sports bar talking **** to the Redskins fans:D)

Because Kyle's never wrecked anyone out of a race for any position. :sarcasm:

Carl hardly took Kyle out. :rolleyes:

He didn't bump him, he didn't slam him, he didn't wreck him; he rubbed him. To quote Harry Hogge, "And rubbin, son, is racin'."

I'm no Jack Roush fan nor am I a Carl Edwards fan, but this is Bristol baby, and that's fair game at Bristol!

I didn't say anything about him taking Kyle out of the lead, I said that the excuse was lame. "In the Nationwide race, 3 years ago, I think he may have taken me out for 15th position". (exaggerated but you get the point)

Again, the comment was about Jack's reaction, not the "hit". Jack would have marched straight to the trailer to whine.

I didn't say anything about him taking Kyle out of the lead, I said that the excuse was lame. "In the Nationwide race, 3 years ago, I think he may have taken me out for 15th position". (exaggerated but you get the point)
I know exactly what he said.

His point was he races others the way they race him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARaN315fbFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWtQwjerwL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDS8zgOrlM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whTbJ0X7VPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngu95gKL_1s

i vote mears' spotter, and wild things sore loserness.

Richmond: Drivers do remember.

i vote mears' spotter, and wild things sore loserness.

Richmond: Drivers do remember.

I vote YOU for calling him a sore loser. Carl hit Kyle first. If it would have been Kyle who hit Carl then Carl would have done the same thing. Just ask Jr that.

Joe "no brakes" shows just another reason why he doesn't deserve a ride what a tard!

Baby Kyle

Sometimes when you have the fastest car you have to move the man blocking you out of the way. Just so sad that wildthing can look like one of the greatest drivers in history when he's racing and look like one of the biggest idiots in racing when hes not. Much rather see the backflips than the stupid gestures.Way to go Carl!!!!!

I am not a F*rd or Rousch fan but Carl did absolutely nothing wrong. Calling the punk "rowdy" and "wild thing" just feeds his juvenile ego. Dale Sr would have put him in the wall a long time ago and rightly so. I'm surprised others haven't. He is a good driver, at times, but drives w-a-y over his head. At one time it wasn't a race unless one shrub or the other wrecked someone. At least Kurt has smartened up.
Rowdy needs a talking to behind the hauler. His actions after the checker deserve a 100k fine and 100 point deduction, minimum.
Nice going bonehead, don't expect a Christmas card from the boys in the fab shops.

I am not a F*rd or Rousch fan but Carl did absolutely nothing wrong. Calling the punk "rowdy" and "wild thing" just feeds his juvenile ego. Dale Sr would have put him in the wall a long time ago and rightly so. I'm surprised others haven't. He is a good driver, at times, but drives w-a-y over his head. At one time it wasn't a race unless one shrub or the other wrecked someone. At least Kurt has smartened up.
Rowdy needs a talking to behind the hauler. His actions after the checker deserve a 100k fine and 100 point deduction, minimum.
Nice going bonehead, don't expect a Christmas card from the boys in the fab shops.

Behind the hauler huh?

I'm sick of you people hating on kyle. Carl body slammed Jr in the Busch series a few years back, what did you say about that?

Sr raced people the same way Kyle dose and nobody had a problem with him doing it. Your double standards sicken me.

For that matter Carl needs to be penalized for spinning Kyle out after the race, there where still cars on the track somebody could have been hurt...

Behind the hauler huh?

I'm sick of you people hating on kyle. Carl body slammed Jr in the Busch series a few years back, what did you say about that?

Sr raced people the same way Kyle dose and nobody had a problem with him doing it. Your double standards sicken me.

So your ok with him driving into him after the checkers? He's a immature punk. And Sr didn't take reckless chances and had the respect of his compititors not the contempt the shrub has.
His comment calling Edwards " Mr Ed" I took as a reference to Carls broad grin and yes Carl has a mouth full of teeth, not called for but again showing his immature punkness. At least Carl didn't have to get his ears fixed so his helmet fit, not to mention the Dumbo references. Like to have seen him make a comment like that to Yarborough, Pearson, Jr johnson et al back in the day. He'd still be in traction.
Mark my words, that boy is going into the wall. I'll bet his after checkers antics made the Gibbs family real proud,especially after what happened this past week.
I never thought it possible but the shrub bros have even surpassed the Bodines in tearing up others race cars.

I think it's close between Junior jumping the start and Mears' spotter. Junior spent the whole race trying to get that lap back and never did. Look like he had a top 5 car. Mears' spotter caused several cars to be trashed. What Busch did was bad, but at least it was after the race and causes both body shops to do some extra work.

For that matter Carl needs to be penalized for spinning Kyle out after the race, there where still cars on the track somebody could have been hurt...

I'm inclined to agree on this one, Carl should have been called to the hauler as well. I've seen others get called to the hauler for continuing on during a pst-race altercation on track, and by spinng KB out that's exactly what Edwards did.

And Sr didn't take reckless chances and had the respect of his compititors not the contempt the shrub has.

Did you even watch him race? Sr was a reckless chance. Get back to me when you know wtf you are talking about.

Ummm kurt's the one who had his ears tucked, RCR by the way junior nation was in uproar when carl retaliated in michigan but jr. did deserve it cause jr. did spin him, back to last night now after carl did the bump n run kyle did come back and give him a nudge and carl moved up and gave kyle room but guess what? Carl had the better car. I knew dam good and well kyle was gonna do that cause that's the way he is and if he re gets even after this then he needs to be fined and docked points.

Amazing.

Remember the outrage when Kyle unintentionally bumped Jr out of the lead?

Skip forward a few months, Edwards intentionally bumps Kyle out for the lead.

"It was a racing deal. Get over it!"

HUH? :rolleyes:

Ummm kurt's the one who had his ears tucked, RCR by the way junior nation was in uproar when carl retaliated in michigan but jr. did deserve it cause jr. did spin him, back to last night now after carl did the bump n run kyle did come back and give him a nudge and carl moved up and gave kyle room but guess what? Carl had the better car. I knew dam good and well kyle was gonna do that cause that's the way he is and if he re gets even after this then he needs to be fined and docked points.

Why dose he need to? If that's the case then Carl needs to get fined for hitting him, because he stood their and said kyle has done it to him. So Carl retaliated.

Im not sayng kyle was right for hitting him. But hating on the kid is stoopid when Carl is just as bad if not worse....

Oh yeah, Joe N Is a moron.

Did you even watch him race? Sr was a reckless chance. Get back to me when you know wtf you are talking about.

Bud if u call Sr. a reckless chance then you dont know WTF you're talking about.

Bud if u call Sr. a reckless chance then you dont know WTF you're talking about.

So sr never chopped Bill Elliot off and went through the grass, he Didnt wreck Terry at bristol (twice) He never Spun Rusty out. I guess he was just perfect.

Dude your an idiot.

Hmm, RCR. Yes I watched Dale Sr race for many years. In fact he looked over and critiqued our race car when we ran New Smyna in the late 90's. You see, I was half owner in a team that ran NASCAR. New Smyna runs Fascar btw but I'm sure you knew that. Dave Marcis and Dale had a beer with us in the parking lot, both Dale and Dave sat in my car. Can you say the same? hmm? Having been a driver of modifieds in the NE in the 70's then moving on to becoming a owner thruout the 80's,90's and up to 2003 of various NASCAR divisions including the Craftsman truck series, yeah, I think I know what I'm talking about. Do you? Or are you still trying to figure out the difference between loose and tight? Ooops, I just heard the microwave ding, your pop tart is ready.

Hmm, RCR. Yes I watched Dale Sr race for many years. In fact he looked over and critiqued our race car when we ran New Smyna in the late 90's. You see, I was half owner in a team that ran NASCAR. New Smyna runs Fascar btw but I'm sure you knew that. Dave Marcis and Dale had a beer with us in the parking lot, both Dale and Dave sat in my car. Can you say the same? hmm? Having been a driver of modifieds in the NE in the 70's then moving on to becoming a owner thruout the 80's,90's and up to 2003 of various NASCAR divisions including the Craftsman truck series, yeah, I think I know what I'm talking about. Do you? Or are you still trying to figure out the difference between loose and tight? Ooops, I just heard the microwave ding, your pop tart is ready.

What the hell does this have to do with Dales driving style? You don't even mention that, and that's what your trying to defend? you make me laugh...

What the hell does this have to do with Dales driving style? You don't even mention that, and that's what your trying to defend? you make me laugh...

It's called experience, and it shows he has a hell of a lot more knowledge and insight of the sport then you do from your comfy chair and keyboard...

It's called experience, and it shows he has a hell of a lot more knowledge and insight of the sport then you do from your comfy chair and keyboard...

You dont know me how would you know?

Grasshopper, the first letter in a sentence is capitilized. Second, in your sig line it should be we're not where. There is a difference. HTH

<edit> instead of "to" it should be "also".

What school you went? Or are you still going?

Grasshopper, the first letter in a sentence is capitilized. Second, in your sig line it should be we're not where. There is a difference. HTH

<edit> instead of "to" it should be "also".

What school you went? Or are you still going?

I'm going to school with your mom....

So sr never chopped Bill Elliot off and went through the grass, he Didnt wreck Terry at bristol (twice) He never Spun Rusty out. I guess he was just perfect.

Dude your an idiot.

ahhh name callin well I won't stoop down to you're level but did u ever hear me say SR. was a saint? Everybody knows Sr loved to use that chrome horn but at least SR. had the balls to admit what he done and not be ****y and arrogant about it, and he had the respect of the other drivers and thats something kyle does not have and if u would get out of his a$$ long enough you would see that.

Amazing.

Remember the outrage when Kyle unintentionally bumped Jr out of the lead?

Skip forward a few months, Edwards intentionally bumps Kyle out for the lead.

"It was a racing deal. Get over it!"

HUH? :rolleyes:

UNintenional give me a freakin break, now that's what I'm talking about, now if sr. did that he would admit to it

My my, now we're starting to look and sound like my local track forum where the snipes about drivers and posters runs amok. Y'all need to settle down. We are all pretty much aware of who's favorites are and this sport lends itself to some pretty testy tantrums from the fans. SST55, sounds like your opinions are more based on what happened to you personally rather than an unbiased view. I think you'll find just as many views of Ironhead being wreckless as you will about him being talented. I see a whole lot of ol' Ironhead in Kyle, but Kyle has a long way to go to catch up with Dale. If Kyle keeps that reputation by the time he's 40, then we can really compare the two. Til then, Kyle is the top phenom at the moment, whether or not he's wreckless.

You dont know me how would you know?

Well, from your posts we know enough that you can't have a civil conversation without resorting to name calling and personal attacks.

That is not what this forum is about!

Calling another poster a idiot is not acceptable.

And unless you have sat in one of these cars and driven them, you know nothing about reaction time and visibility from within the car. At a track like Bristol, you rely heavily upon your spotter.

I doubt that there was much that Nemecheck could have done in the way of reaction time. Wrecks develop quickly on these short tracks and if your spotter can't get the words out quick enough and your eyes happen to be viewing something off to the side, you are going to hit someone before your foot even comes close to the break pedal.

Like VADirt eluded to, it is easy to sit there and criticize from your chair and with your keyboard. But your lack of knowledge about what it is really like out there shows in your posting.

Unfortunately Buck I don't see busch living long enough to equal Sr's status. Yes, he's fast but he takes chances, many reckless chances. Sooner or later,,, Sr took chances too but they were more calculated, more under control if that can be said about racing.
You have to be agressive as a driver, he77 I was. I did things I later chewed my driver out for doing. But there's a very fine line between agressive and out of control. Going deep into a corner knowing you need to, have to, lean on the outside car to make it can be called agressive or out of control, depending on who does it. When one driver constantly does it he's out of control. Same with using the chrome horn that causes a wreck. Wiggle him out of the way, ok. Putting him in the wall a no-no.
I'm no longer involved in racing, thank God. To see cars torn up like shrub did to Edwards sickens me. Does anyone here realize what it will cost to put those cars back in race ready condition? I do, I paid the freakin' bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom