Bonehead of the week-Watkins Glen

Jimmie, Junyer and Jeff Gordon. Once again, when the drivers are happy (as they have been all year), the race is boring as sheot. When they're unhappy, the fans get to see a show.

Krylie Busch for parking herself off Keselowski's front bumper.

Bobby Labonte for running around that far in the racing groove dumping oil

Somehow the oil must have been spraying out in like a mist though...the drivers say they didn't see an oil trail. I don't know how that happens - gotta be a one-in-a thousand+ thing. I wonder if his engine finally blew?

Somehow the oil must have been spraying out in like a mist though...the drivers say they didn't see an oil trail. I don't know how that happens - gotta be a one-in-a thousand+ thing. I wonder if his engine finally blew?

barely loose oil line will do it- it wont show on the gauge, but it'll throw a fine mist. Same with a pinhole'd line.

Unbelievable, we get the best race of the year and everyone's whining about it.

LOL...I agree....this should be part of the standard Nascar finish. P.A. Announcer: "OK fans...that is the 7-to-go caution flag...we will have two laps under the yellow flag while the oil truck sprays down the racing groove...and then the Big Finish!"

The finish was thrilling. It's just a shame that oil impacted the results in such a dramatic fashion.

I mean, they could've stopped the race right as it was shaping up to be an instant classic. Or we could've had another race where nothing happens. There were more quality lead changes on that last lap than there were at Kentucky, New Hampshire and Indianapolis combined.

The 18 had some brake caliper problems. Maybe they were dropping brake fluid, but we'll never heard about it.

The finish was thrilling. It's just a shame that oil impacted the results in such a dramatic fashion.
I agree 100%. Sure the finish was great to sit and watch, but there are reasons why cautions are thrown for things like oil being on the track. Someone could of wound up seriously hurt...

Kyle, for coming down and running into Brad, costing him the win. Can't that fool even control his car in a little oil? ;)

Who cares? As I said earlier, we once again have a deal where the finish was great and nobody's happy. Almost every race this year has sucked worse than anything I've ever seen and the drivers think it's great racing. You're never going to please the Sprint Cup drivers and the fans because the drivers want to have tons of room to race and not have to get near another car.

Kyle's car was wiggling like he had a tire going down, not like there was oil on the track. Oil did NOT cause Dale Jr to spin, he spun several laps prior to that (he's just whining to defend his teammate), we don't know if Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson complained on the radio about oil.

It simply does not appear as though anyone said anything about oil on the track until after the race. The drivers who were driving in the oil didn't see the oil. The spotters couldn't see it. ESPN monitors the radios during the telecast and mentioned nothing about oil. Nobody was saying anything on the radio. And NASCAR couldn't see the oil. How the hell are they supposed to throw a caution?

It's easy to be an armchair race official and look at things in hindsight.

Kyle's car was wiggling like he had a tire going down, not like there was oil on the track. Oil did NOT cause Dale Jr to spin, he spun several laps prior to that (he's just whining to defend his teammate), we don't know if Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson complained on the radio about oil.

It simply does not appear as though anyone said anything about oil on the track until after the race. The drivers who were driving in the oil didn't see the oil. The spotters couldn't see it. ESPN monitors the radios during the telecast and mentioned nothing about oil. Nobody was saying anything on the radio. And NASCAR couldn't see the oil. How the hell are they supposed to throw a caution?

#18 had a tire going down and there was no oil on the track. Got it.

Who cares? As I said earlier, we once again have a deal where the finish was great and nobody's happy. Almost every race this year has sucked worse than anything I've ever seen and the drivers think it's great racing. You're never going to please the Sprint Cup drivers and the fans because the drivers want to have tons of room to race and not have to get near another car.

Good point AML...it's a classic conflict of interests. I remember when Bristol was still great, the fans LOVED it and the drivers derisively called it a "High Speed Demolition Derby" (at least that's what Mark Martin called it).

Then they "fixed" the track for the drivers and they stopped selling out.

#18 had a tire going down and there was no oil on the track. Got it.

The tires gave off second and a half over a 20 lap stint (they went, what, 35 laps on those tires?). There were veteran drivers spinning all over the place before the oil was on the track. There were no reports of oil. They had one sole report of smoke from the 47. The drivers couldn't see the oil. The track workers and spotters couldn't see the oil.

Again, the first mention about oil on the track came AFTER the race.

Well, to be fair to Nascar, if they threw the yellow in the last few laps every time drivers complained about unseen oil...the (non-leading) drivers would take advantage of that in a heartbeat and yell OIL! OIL! over the radio every race.

I take it back, Andy is now officially off his meds.

Can anyone imagine the posts that would be going around right now if NASCAR threw the yellow flag when Kyle got out of shape in turn one and ended it right there? We would've seen all the posts about it being a conspiracy to keep Keselowski from winning or how it was a conspiracy to lock Kyle in the Chase.

I have to agree. The real indications of oil came after the white flag, and nobody knew how bad it was. Drivers in the lead or having a good day will report anything from oil to Elephants on the track. nascar had no time to check it out, and then the race was over.

2 years in a row, Marcos bumps brad for the win, and we heard no whining about it.

I have to agree. The real indications of oil came after the white flag, and nobody knew how bad it was. Drivers in the lead or having a good day will report anything from oil to Elephants on the track. nascar had no time to check it out, and then the race was over.

2 years in a row, Marcos bumps brad for the win, and we heard no whining about it.

Yep. Can you imagine what would happen, down the road, if NASCAR instantly threw a caution the second a single driver who needed a caution (see:Jr) reported oil on the track? Or if someone was about to get passed on the last lap shouted "OIL" and NASCAR instantly threw the caution and ended the race?

Yep. Can you imagine what would happen, down the road, if NASCAR instantly threw a caution the second a single driver who needed a caution (see:Jr) reported oil on the track? Or if someone was about to get passed on the last lap shouted "OIL" and NASCAR instantly threw the caution and ended the race?
Fishing again?

LOL. Although I didn't watch the race, the post race reactions are about all the entertainment I can handle for the rest of this day. Thanks for the laughs, guys. :cheers:

I can't believe what some of the media are tweeting about this. Clueless. If they threw the flag when they wanted it to be thrown, Brad would have won and we wouldn't have seen that amazing finish.

Marcos said his experience with oiled tracks helped him win that one.

I can't believe what some of the media are tweeting about this. Clueless. If they threw the flag when they wanted it to be thrown, Brad would have won and we wouldn't have seen that amazing finish.

Marcos said his experience with oiled tracks helped him win that one.

I saw Gluck's tweets pretty much blasting NASCAR, saying they refuse to admit a mistake and so on. I'm really beginning to think NASCAR pulled his hard card and he can only go to a few tracks that he gets approved for credentials for. He really has it out for NASCAR as of late.

The other thing I heard is that the 47 had a brake problem and it could've been brake fluid. That would certainly just spray on the track.

Back
Top Bottom