Bonehead of the week: Watkins Glen

MRM

Team Owner
I'm going with the NBC crew. Awful coverage today. Gilliland has problems, no follow-up as to the actual problem. A car comes out of the pits slow. It gets mentioned, but they never find our or who say who the driver was an if they had an issue or not. Chase Briscoe is seen on pit road in two different camera shots with the hood up. It never gets mentioned. Unless you were a fan of a handful of drivers, you never knew how your driver was doing. Did Denny Hamlin ever make it on TV at all?

I'm going to say Reddick. Only car that was good enough to compete with the 9/5 and spun himself out of that opportunity early on

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ross for wiping out Dillon and Raikkonen and then later driving through the mud and spinning himself

I still say Reddick. He was super fast, as fast as the 9/5 and no one talked about it cause he soun himself out of track position early on.

Nascar for putting the cars out there then bringing them back in. If you claim to have the capability to race in the rain then do it, if not......don't pretend to try

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sigh... I'll take the bait. Larson for deciding 8 wheels are better than 4.
I know it's a tired cliche, but if there was ever a time to say, "Rubbin' is racin'", then this is it.

Like @SOI said, I nominate the gerbils, first for "radio style." People, we have pictures. We're not listening to radio. Second, for trying to make controversy out of the final restart. That's was not a controversial incident.

I want to say Briscoe for managing to turn running up front in Stage 1 to falling back to 25th.

Also for causing the Singularity by spinning out with Chastain.

I redact my pick.

It's Bob Pockrass for stirring up more drama by asking AJ about Larson and Elliott.

It’s what the media loves to do. How long did they keep up on Chase and Harvick

NASCAR
Gonna race, not gonna race, gonna race...
Unnecessary caution
Late afternoon start
Allowing NBC gerbils
OTP for Kimi, we all knew he wouldn't be a factor in the race.

NASCAR
Gonna race, not gonna race, gonna race...
Unnecessary caution
Late afternoon start
Allowing NBC gerbils
OTP for Kimi, we all knew he wouldn't be a factor in the race.
Don't forget flipping between single and double file restarts. Have to keep the inconsistencies consistent

Gerbils. I think they are burning everybody out with their screaming pile of B.S. I know I am sick of it.
Any chance they might put Kyle and Dale Jarrett in the booth? Junior and "The Mayor" do nothing for me. IMHO, they should reverse the track announcers and story line tellers. The incessant squeaking to build excitement does little more than make viewers want to turn down the volume.

Nascar for putting the cars out there then bringing them back in. If you claim to have the capability to race in the rain then do it, if not......don't pretend to try

Actually NASCAR did the right thing. If cars are hydroplaning, you can't race. Look at F1 even, there are times they can't race in the rain.

It was too dangerous, they waited 30 minutes, and threw the green flag, they actually get a kudos from me.

My bonehead:

NBC NASCAR coverage. It's just awful. I hate the radio style broadcast. They don't follow up on any stories. Don't keep you up to date on strategies. They notice something but never show you it "oh a car is slowing down"... okay, who was it and why?

Ditto on the gerbils…worst coverage in any racing platform. Dale Jarrett and Kyle do a really good job, in the booth or as analysts. Junior is not an announcer…his best work is done in his relaxed podcasts, or as a side analyst. Burton and Letart are just too squeaky, too animated, too annoying. Of course Allen is too artificial, too much narrative engineer, and WAY too much overkill on pretend drama.

This. If I was forced to vote, I'd give it to Larson. Ruined what would've been a great finish.
How did that ruin a great finish? Exciting racing for the win at the end, isn't that what we want?Larson wanted that trophy more than Elliott. I would move anyone over in a heartbeat for one of those trophies.

How did that ruin a great finish? Exciting racing for the win at the end, isn't that what we want?Larson wanted that trophy more than Elliott. I would move anyone over in a heartbeat for one of those trophies.
I would've loved to see a Larson, Elliott & Allmendinger battle @ the end. Chase might've had it if it wasn't for Larson moving him up the track. It was still a nice finish though.

Honorable "bonehead" mention goes to the posters who during the race were saying the new car was junk on road courses.
The car is fine on road courses, but honestly, I still think the Xfinity cars put on a better show. The car may DRIVE well, but I think the jury is still out on whether that translates to a better show.

Yep, it sure is, as long as it isn't Melon Man. :sarcasm:. Everybody gets a pass unless it is Melon Man.

Back
Top Bottom