Book suggestions

Scifi: Ryk Brown Frontiers Saga is fast paced, each book is an episode much like a TV series. It is about a crew that comes into there own over coming incredible odds. The first 3 episodes are free: https://www.amazon.com/Frontiers-Saga-Episodes-1-3-ebook/dp/B00AVBNBHM/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1473771285&sr=1-5&keywords=ryk+brown

Detective: David Baldacci - King & Maxwell series. It is about two former secret service agents who become detectives. (I've loaned a few audiobooks to my sister, she and her husband like this series).

Action/Adventure: Brad Thor - Scot Harvath series. This series is high adventure very much like the Vince Flynn Mitch Rapp series.

Clive Cussler has several series that I enjoy; they are formulaic with action & adventure, light, usually have a wise cracking side kick and interesting cars. Try the Issac Bell series which takes place in the early 1900's (no high tech).

I read a lot of books, mostly action/adventure and scifi but I occasionally mix in some detective and fantasy books. Audiobooks make traveling and commuting go by fast.

How about alternative history?

Never really tried it
It's hit and miss I mostly read Harry Turtledove, has a great 11 book series following the consequences of the south winning the civil war. I also read some about alternative ww2 and I'm waiting for the next book in a series on a nuclear Korean war

The Code of the Woosters is one of the most hilarious books I've ever read. Highly recommended.

CodeOfTheWoosters.jpg

A Short History of Nearly Everything is also one of my favorites, if you're looking for a sciency/historical read.

41Z3XNXTcHL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Another good one is Doubt is Their Product. It's about how industry manipulates or suppresses scientific research in order to mislead the public (e.g., tobacco industry initially trying to suppress findings that cigarettes cause cancer).

41HzUsgwK4L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And, since we're often at odds when it comes to discussing Islamism, these a couple of great books that explain the problem the way that I see it:

250px-Islam_and_the_Future_of_Tolerance_book_cover.jpg
41c%2BC%2B5q8kL._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I went to the lake earlier and finished reading "Man's Search for Meaning", a story told by Viktor Frankl, a man who spent three years in the Nazi Death Camps. It was a very inspiring read!

My next book will be "The Shack." I saw a movie trailer for it and it looked like a very good movie, so I wanted to check out the book and hopefully read it all before the movie comes out. This will be my first fiction read since high school, so hopefully I'm able to stay more into fiction books now than I was in school.

Last book I read was a few years ago, it was David Poole's book about Tim Richmond. Pretty good book and a quick read. I recommend it for any race fan.

I'll probably buy Jeff Gordon's new book at some point, but I still haven't even started reading the Tim Tebow and Steve Spurrier books I bought last summer.

Back
Top Bottom