Booty Barker to Crew Chief for Ward Burton

E

Eagle1

Bootie takes over #0 Crew Chief Gig: Haas CNC Racing announced today the appointment of Robert (Bootie) Barker as crew chief of the No. 0 NetZero Chevrolet beginning at the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup event at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Barker, who has been leading the No. 00 Haas Automation Chevrolet in the NASCAR Busch Series all season, will swap roles with current Cup crew chief Bill Ingle. Starting in Atlanta, Ingle will lead the Busch Series team for the remainder of the 2004 season. Both Ingle and Barker will remain in their current positions for this weekend's racing at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway and Memphis (Tenn.) Motorsports Park. "It makes sense to bring Bootie on board at this point to get ahead for next year," stated Ward Burton, driver of the NetZero Chevrolet. "I have a lot of respect for the job that Bill has done for us. He took over in a difficult situation and has worked hard to make this team better. That said, I'm also looking forward to working with Bootie. He has developed a strong Busch Series program for Haas CNC Racing and has led the team to a lot of success. Our paths have crossed before and I've seen what he can do, so I'm excited to have the chance to work with him at Haas CNC Racing."(NetZero Racing Site)(10-20-2004) JAYSKI

I am very happy that somebody saw how good he is. I think he will be a real asset to Ward and the team.

I saw him last night on SpeedTV. What an awesome young man. And easy on the eyes too! :)

So Ward is in the 0 again next year? That's sure how it sounds. There were alot of rumors earlier that he wouldn't be there next year.

Anyone heard anything?

The Following is the story from NASCAR.com

Barker, Ingle swap crew chief roles at Haas CNC
From Team Press Release
October 20, 2004
10:19 AM EDT (14:19 GMT)

HARRISBURG, N.C. -- Haas CNC Racing Tuesday announced the appointment of Robert "Bootie" Barker as crew chief of the No. 0 NetZero Chevrolet beginning at the NASCAR Nextel Cup event at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Barker, who has been leading the No. 00 Haas Automation Chevrolet in the NASCAR Busch Series all season, will swap roles with current Cup crew chief Bill Ingle. Starting in Atlanta, Ingle will lead the Busch Series team for the remainder of the 2004 season. Both Ingle and Barker will remain in their current positions for this weekend's racing at Martinsville Speedway and Memphis Motorsports Park.

"It makes sense to bring Bootie on board at this point to get ahead for next year," stated Ward Burton, driver of the NetZero Chevrolet. "I have a lot of respect for the job that Bill has done for us. He took over in a difficult situation and has worked hard to make this team better.

"That said, I'm also looking forward to working with Bootie. He has developed a strong Busch Series program for Haas CNC Racing and has led the team to a lot of success. Our paths have crossed before and I've seen what he can do, so I'm excited to have the chance to work with him at Haas CNC Racing."

Barker has led the Haas Automation Racing Busch Series team to victory lane in its inaugural season, winning at Nashville Superspeedway in June. The team has also challenged for the Busch Series championship, collecting eight top-five and 17 tp-10 finishes so far this year.

Before joining Haas CNC Racing, Barker spent one season at Jasper Motorsports heading its NASCAR Nextel Cup program. Prior to that, Barker spent several years serving as crew chief for Bill Davis Racing's Busch program.

Earlier, the story was out that Haas and Ward had agreed to part company at the end of the 2004 season. NetZero stated they were going to stay with Ward and go where ever HE went. Well..........................that quietly died. And now this.
I don't know what is really going on, but if Bootie and Ward can get it together, I would love it!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dragonlady424@Oct 21 2004, 06:46 PM
Earlier, the story was out that Haas and Ward had agreed to part company at the end of the 2004 season. NetZero stated they were going to stay with Ward and go where ever HE went. Well..........................that quietly died. And now this.
I don't know what is really going on, but if Bootie and Ward can get it together, I would love it!!!!!!!!!
I remember that story as well, DL, but I guess it ain't over till as Yogi would say It ain't over 'till it's over.

Originally posted by dragonlady424@Oct 21 2004, 05:46 PM
I think this is gonna be a great combo! I just can't imagine what listening to those two on the scanners is gonna be like!

womthing, I didn't even think about that!!! I bet it will be a real hoot!!!

This is awesome, If Ward stays hopefully this works out real well... :D

Where's Booty?

I have spoken with Booty at the track a couple times. He was Kind enough to talk to my girlfriend on the phone for over and hour and write her a nice letter. (She is paralyzed from a gunshot wound.) Sure did change her atitude!!
What a great guy.
So I'm watching the Subway 500 at Martinsville Oct 22 06 and the TV tells me
he is no longer with Haas. I have received no email replys.
Anybody know what his plans are? Who is working for?
I'm sure with his knowledge he should have no problem getting hired by a new team. I certainly hope he's ok.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom