Boris Said to race at Sonoma for Jeffrey Earnhardt

I'm kind of disappointed. Jeffrey needs to make laps at these places to get experience.
these guys are happy

Said-heads1.jpg

Boris is past his prime, typically never does well in as a sub, especially in sub par equipment.
He'll earn more points and money for the team than Jeffrey would. Let Jeffrey get his road course experience in the K&N race, or at some of the Xfinity r/c races.

I'm a Said-head! Go Boris!

I'm surprised no one has picked up Marcus Ambrose yet to drive something. Maybe they have tried and he just isn't interested.

Boris is on the very short list of drivers that I actually had more than a 30 second conversation with. They guy is very genuine and funny. I forget what race it was, I am thinking it was a practice session, he came and sat beside us in the stands at Daytona. He has pulled some jerk moves, but because of that time sitting and talking with him he will always be on my favorites list.

I'm surprised no one has picked up Marcus Ambrose yet to drive something. Maybe they have tried and he just isn't interested.
I'm pretty sure Taz has hung up his driving shoes. Even if he was still running SuperCars, I doubt he'd be interested in making the trip over for a one-off.

He'll earn more points and money for the team than Jeffrey would. Let Jeffrey get his road course experience in the K&N race, or at some of the Xfinity r/c races.
I agree that all cup drivers should have at least 3 RC races on their resume before getting a RC race on their licence. But then Nascar says if you run Daytona in an ARCA car your qualified to run cup.

Remember how much of a story line these guys like Boris used to be when they would run Sonoma and "the glen"... Pre race use to be all about it.

Honestly, I'll take this moment to give a shout out to all the Cup guys who really stepped up and got really darn good at driving these road courses. Even aside from the obvious guys like Jeff Gordon/Tony Stewart... most of the Cup regulars in the last 10-15 years run the two road courses really well.

Marcos is unequivocally retired from ALL racing activity, including in his native Australia (which he returned to after parting ways w/ RPM).

From the qualifying broadcast today the FOX crew said Boris told them he's going to hang it up (at least from NASCAR) after this year. Makes sense.

From the qualifying broadcast today the FOX crew said Boris told them he's going to hang it up (at least from NASCAR) after this year. Makes sense.
Yeah, Watkins Glen will be his last NASCAR race, sad to see it .

Back
Top Bottom