boss a'comin

J

johnnythunderhead

the buckeye outlaw sprint series (non wing 410's) are comin to Indiana this weekend; whitewater valley speedway fri nite 8-1-14 and Lawrenceburg for the Jason sudrette memorial on sat. 8-2-14 (should be a huge field of cars, there were 39 of em last time they were at the burg). i'll have a chance to visit yet another new track fri, as I've never been to whitewater valley/ I see where kokmo speedway is running the bob darland memorial on sun 8-3-14 (it rained out last weekend) might have to make that one too, another great w/e of RACIN IN INDIANA!

35 b o s s sprinters signed in at whitewater valley speedway near the charming lil burg of liberty, in. tonite. the track is said to be a banked 1/4 mile. it is banked and is walled in all around and looks to be somewhat bigger than the other Indiana 1/4 mile tracks I've seen. I like this track, it was a much nicer facility than I had expected, other than the horrendous driveway leading back up into the facility. the track held up o k through the heats and b-mains (yes b-mains, I hate multiple b-mains and they opted for 2 of them, one with 4 cars in it the other with 7 cars in it. if you must have more than one b-main, at least have a c-main, a b-main and an a-main/ not 2 b-mains, I mean whats next, 10 2 car b-mains?) the track was dried out at that point and should have been rototilled watered and re-worked before the sprint feach, during a very boring intermission, which offered plenty of time to have done just that. none the less it was a dusty, but otherwise very good race. I would have bet that kevin Thomas jr. would have ran off and hid in the feach, but logan hupp had other ideas, as the two threw wicked sliders at each other while dicing back AND FORTH FOR THE LEAD IN HEAVY LAPPED TRAFFIC WITH HUPP COMING AWAY WITH THE WIN/ MIKE MILLER 3RD, JARRET ANDRETTI 4TH. I've been hoping for a fri, or sun nite sprint car, or midget track in s. e. Indiana, s w oh. or n. ky. (to compliment lawrenceburg' s sat. nite action) and this could be the joint, itonlt about 50 or 60 miles n/w of cinci. but its all 2 lane blacktop with double yellow lines. like I said its a nice facility with a spacious grand stand that was full to the max. so who knows, maybe next year, eh? all in all a great nite of racing, congrats to whitewater valley speedway's new mngmnt and crew and to b o s s mgmnt and race teams and to logan hupp for a well earned victory> the best news is, I get to see b o s s do it again tomorrow eve. at the burg!

Last edited by a moderator:
got lucky and got the racing in at the burg tonite/ it rained this aft when they would have been watering the track, so they weren't able to get near enough water into the track, thus the old dust bowl syndrome arose/ great racing none the less. congrats to c j leary (2 in a row now) b o s s brought in 36 non wing sprint cars and a huge crowd in the stands tonite too! had 3 support classes, which imho was about two too many (was a late night of it, brought about mainly by the silly re-draw ceremony they insist upon doing for each class in front of the grandstands, which is senseless, as the drivers can't be seen over the gawking retards who gather around the stage to stand around with their thumbs up their a**es blocking the view for everyone else, so why bother wasting so much time?) the track could have used some tilling and watering during that boring over-long fiasco, but that did not happen on the brighter side,. it was the Jason soudrette memorial and a very nice ceremony was observed with the late drivers family in attendance. once again there were 2 b mains, which I detest (for crying out loud have a c, a b and an a main (not 2, 8 or 10 car b-mains) landon simon was involved in a vicious crash in his heat race, in which his car bicycled, turned right and shot cage first into the outer wall between t-1 and 2 and then flipped. the cage was damaged by the impact but thank goodness landon emerged seemingly unscathed (he is a fine young racer who's had too much bad luck so far this season, hopefully his luck will improve!) congrats to b o s s for putting on such a fine show and to C J LEARY FOR A BIG WIN./ AND TO LAWRENCEBURG SPEEDWAY FOR PUTTING ON THE JASON SOUDRETTE MEMORIAL and another great night of racing!

Back
Top Bottom