BREAKING: 27 Killed in Massacre at Conneticut Elementary School

Thats just horrible.

Hug your kid today. This could have been any one of us in this same situation as these people from Connecticut. I've been watching this coverage all morning long. It's scary to think that people like this guy walk among us.

Prayers to all of those involved in this today.

This is so sad, thought and prayers for the Students and famlies.

This wasn't the way I wanted to wake up this morning, I don't know how anyone could possibly do something like this.

CBS: Many of the children were shot execution-style.

NBC: During a raid of the shooter's home (which I have made the conscious decision not to learn or memorize his name) turned up the body of his mother.

Shocking and awful.

CBS now reporting the shooter's mother was a Kindergarten teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The children who were slain were the sick ****'s mother's students.

This is about the most awful thing I've ever heard of.

As if things weren't bad enough, CNN managed to incorrectly identify the shooter.

My heart goes out to the familys of the innocents who lost their lives today.

I'm not a vindictive person, but, I sincerely hope that the b********d who did this rots in hell for an eternity.
I was hoping the bastard hadn't died, but instead that he would live, suffer greatly and suffer long for his action.

The easy way out for all would of been if he just off'd himself and spared those children. He doesn't deserve the easy way out for what he did to those children and what he has put there familes through.

I wish we could resurrect him from the dead so we can strap him to an electric chair.

Media needs to back off and let the officials do their work and compile a accurate and factual report.
Too many mis-statements, then retractions then the second statement being retracted. His mother was shot in the classroom, no she was shot at home. The shooter was 24, no that's his brother. His brother was involved, no he wasn't. His brother was killed, no he wasn't.
Asking a member of the clergy what it was like inside the fire station when parents learned their child had been one of those killed is flat out stupid. What do they think it was like?
I'm bouncing around all the channels, all anchors have made idiotic statements but the prize, so far, goes to Rev Al who said "fatally killed".
This is a trajic event, the media owes it to the families to get it right the first time, not get it on the air first.

Media needs to back off and let the officials do their work and compile a accurate and factual report.
Too many mis-statements, then retractions then the second statement being retracted. His mother was shot in the classroom, no she was shot at home. The shooter was 24, no that's his brother. His brother was involved, no he wasn't. His brother was killed, no he wasn't.
Asking a member of the clergy what it was like inside the fire station when parents learned their child had been one of those killed is flat out stupid. What do they think it was like?
I'm bouncing around all the channels, all anchors have made idiotic statements but the prize, so far, goes to Rev Al who said "fatally killed".
This is a trajic event, the media owes it to the families to get it right the first time, not get it on the air first.
I've quit watching. Every time I turn the TV and see pictures of the kids, most in tears, leaving the school, my heart breaks even more. Time to cook dinner.

Yep, the media never let the facts get in the way of a story.

FOX Connecticut said authorities thought it was the 24 year-old because the 20 year-old who actually did it had his older brother's ID.

I've got to say, as much as the media screwed up today -- especially the cable nets letting their ideological beliefs direct how they reported the story -- CBS News has done a remarkable job today. Very classy coverage.

I somehow didn't even hear about this until I saw the 11:00 news last night. I'm glad I didn't see any of the coverage thoughout the day. They will do anything to get ratings, up to and including giving misleading or false information. I also think it is classless and just plain mean to exploit these children and their loved ones for the sake of "news".

What bad timing; Just a week and a half before Christmas. Instead of celebrating Christmas and watching their kids open their presents, parents are going to make funeral plans and return their children's gifts. They may remember this every Christmas for now on. And don't forget about the friends of the teachers or students who got killed. They may remember this every Christmas as well.

The media went too far in interviewing children.

Something that really sickens me is the people online who have zero respect for the victims. I've read quotes like "Well at least the parents can get money back on those Christmas gifts now". People complaining that the news coverage stopped them from watching X TV show and nonsense like that. I swear, it should be legal to go to those people and punch them right in the mouth.

Something that really sickens me is the people online who have zero respect for the victims. I've read quotes like "Well at least the parents can get money back on those Christmas gifts now". People complaining that the news coverage stopped them from watching X TV show and nonsense like that. I swear, it should be legal to go to those people and punch them right in the mouth.
I don't know about legal, but it might be hard to find a jury to convict you of any wrongdoing if you did.

Back
Top Bottom