Brett Bodine cuts back to 20-25 races in 2003

P

PettyBenson

Brett Bodine to run a limited 2003 schedule: Brett Bodine Racing announced that the #11 Hooters Ford will run a limited NASCAR Winston Cup schedule in 2003 (20-25 races). "Given the total funding of our current sponsorship package, we feel it is best to run a limited schedule this year. We are a smaller team and this will give us an opportunity to test and do the things we need to stay on a competitive edge instead of struggling to get to all the races. I don't look at this as a "half-empty" situation, but as a "half-full" one. It is great that Mr. Brooks and Hooters have given us this opportunity to cut back so that we can be more competitive at the races we do run and in return give Hooters and our other sponsors more exposure for their companies. This is going to be considered an improvement/building year for us," said Brett Bodine.(Brett Bodine Racing PR)(1-22-2003

This is a good thing, yet a bad thing. Good because, like Brett said, more focus per race will yield better performance. Bad because it will put further strain on keepingthe field full every week.

I like Brett and think he is one of the nicer people in NASCAR. Its a shame that he has not gotten that team to run competive. I am glad that he does have a sponsor at least for this year. I wounder if BBR will still feild the #11 car in the BGN?

Heck, he might not qualify for 20-25 races next season.

Yeh he is one of the good guys, but i feel that eventually this team will fold by seasons end or maybe even before then. I also feel he will have a tough time making a lot of races. There will be other teams to fill the void though.

Back
Top Bottom