Brett Bodine Plans

W

Ward Burton

For now, Brett Bodine's Winston Cup cars will sit idle in his Mooreseville, NC, race shop until another sponsor is signed. "The next 10 to 15 days are very critical to our future," said Bodine, who is trying to accelerate a potential sponsor deal that was meant for 2004. Regardless, he is planning to compete in the Brickyard 400 in August with a one-race sponsor. He is scheduled to test there in mid-July. Bodine had been running a scaled-down Winston Cup schedule with his limited Hooters sponsorship this year. He'd been courting this potential sponsor prior to learning of Hooters' decision to pull its money. "I feel real good about it (the potential sponsor), but I just hope the timing works out," Bodine said. "They weren't planning on this season and it might be tough to get them to speed up, that could be the issue. They are trying to make it happen. When you're asking people for a lot of money there are issues. They've got to get their issues taken care of so that this thing can come around and be a good sponsor for us." If the sponsorship comes through, Bodine said it will allow him to compete full time again. More importantly, he said it would be substantially more money than Hooters and his biggest deal ever, one that could take his team up a level. "It would be a long-term, multiyear deal," Bodine said of the sponsor, which would be new to NASCAR and would begin no later than the Brickyard 400. If so, he would also compete in the Sirius at the Glen on Aug. 10, an event that wasn't on his schedule with Hooters.

That s very good news for Brett! I hope this does turn out and he can get back to racing! I think Brett is a good guy and so is Geoffry, but they both get caught up in Todds"bashing"

Sounds like a great deal for Brett, I hope they can get the issues worked out. It sounds kind of suspicous though, that if they have that kind of money, that they'd have trouble getting it together for him this year, I remember when he got scammed by Close-call.

I don't really pull for Brett but I would like to see him do good because he is the last of a dying breed and I hate to see Nascar going to all multi-car teams. That would be the end of the old Nascar.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 26 2003, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a great deal for Brett, I hope they can get the issues worked out. It sounds kind of suspicous though, that if they have that kind of money, that they'd have trouble getting it together for him this year, I remember when he got scammed by Close-call.
I'll have to did up the story I read on this, I think he used most of the money he got from Ralph's to pay off the 'Close-Call' debt, but I think he still is in debt? Also, remember he took on a partner, that tried to take over the team when Ralph's was the sponsor...maybe that's why he is still in debt?

Back
Top Bottom