bringing back 3 sponsor aka money related

Yeah, what's with him and Stenhouse always walking around wearing cowboy hats.
I love seeing the cowboy hats. in fact its one of the things I love about nascar. you never see a sport where people show good ole fashion values any more than nascar does.

I love seeing the cowboy hats. in fact its one of the things I love about nascar. you never see a sport where people show good ole fashion values any more than nascar does.
just don't put the crooked 3 on em right H.C.? Petty still wears an Urban cowboy hat from the 70's, damn shame they changed the pop tops on beer cans, I miss hatbands made out of em.o_O

It reads like it's a done deal. At least Jr. talks like it is.

#88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.met with media at Daytona and discussed the #3 car, the Team Chevy transcript in part:
Q) ALL THINGS SEEM TO INDICATE THAT THE NO. 3 CAR WILL RETURN IN CUP NEXT YEAR. OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE SEEN IT RUN IN OTHER SERIES. WHAT WILL IT MEAN TO SEE IT IN CUP NEXT YEAR AT THIS TRACK?
Earnhardt Jr.: "I think it will be great. It was an iconic number for my father and it means a lot to a lot of his fans. This sport doesn't really retire numbers and all the numbers have history tied to them for several different reasons. The #3 is no different. I think that for Austin (Dillon) a kid like Austin in this regard any kid that wants to come up through the ranks and he drove the #3 in dirt racing and he drove the #3 in his Truck series and Nationwide series. He has earned the right to run that number as long as he wants. It could have been anybody, but it's Austin. It could have been any kid coming up through the ranks that had ran that number and that's his number. Maybe he's not even an Earnhardt fan maybe that is just his number. He wants to run it I think it's not really fair to deny somebody that opportunity. I'm okay with it. I know that might not be the way a lot of people feel or some people feel, but I'm sure it's the minority that feels that way. I think that a lot of people will be telling Austin positive things about it."

from jayski

This is just like the cable falling at Charlotte and the 15-minute red flag repair period. I can't believe I'm in the minority on this. But, oh well, looks like the #3 is coming back next year and nothing I could do will stop it. :sne:

You retire one number and then everyone wants to retire a bunch of other numbers too. On ESPN.com there are polls for retiring several numbers and in addition to the #3 the majority of fan voters want to retire the #43, #24, and #48 (the last two after Gordon and Johnson are done racing, of course). Um, what?

Im all for freedom to express yourself however u see fit but are u saying people who don't wear cowboy hats can't have values?

I am sure it will come back in the exact same font that was used on the black 3 goodwrench car. It just need's a badass driver in the ****pit.

Still would hate it coming back. A lot. Childress pretty much promised it would never be ran again after Sr died. I hope Dillon is awful in it. Thats my spiteful take on it.

If Austin wants to run that number he should change the style of the number and the color of the car and make it his own. (The blue stripe don't cut it.) It makes him look like he wants a large fan following without doing anything to earn it. I don't have a problem with him running it, but if he chooses to run it as is he will always be compared to Dale Sr. and that's one thing he will never win.

Long time Earnhardt fan here. When I see that number out there it brings back some pretty good memories. Maybe I just look at this differently. I like seeing the number on the track on Saturdays. I'll like it just as well to see it back out there on Sunday's. Leave the number retiring for the stick & ball sports. Does everyone here think less of Petty because of the lack of production that his number's produced since his retirement? When I see the 43 out there I think of Petty. When I see the 3 I think of Earnhardt. I like being reminded of the driver that I rooted for so adamantly. Being reminded of him each and every Sunday will be a welcome sight for this fan.

I would love it see it back, Richard and Dale were like brothers, Dale would have been proud to have either of Richard's grandsons or Dale Jr run the three again. I can't wait to see that Black Three Car back in Sprint Cup flying around the track again...

A win or 2 early in 2014 season will evolve into MASS HISTERIA around the new #3 car...You don't have to have a marketing degree to realize the potential windfall of $$$$$$$$$$$ to be made in merchandise if they are successful early on...Im sure RC has had his fill of "DIVA DRIVERS" over the years, including "IRONHEAD" his love/hate relationship with his many crew chiefs is legendary, and now it's time to "keep it in the family" more or less. BUT.....IMO...NO ones name other than an Earnhardt should be on that car with that color and style number...

BTW...We all know the SLUGS who run NASCRAP will do anything for a headline...Soooo if the NEW #3 wins @ Daytona next Feb, the fix was in...JUST SAYIN............

my only problem with it is driving the number 3 in cup is even more pressure then it is driving the 43. id only give it to someone worthy

again I remind everyone the only reason it looks like the 3 is coming back is to secure sponsorship aka money. I contend that should not be the motivation for bringing it back.

again I remind everyone the only reason it looks like the 3 is coming back is to secure sponsorship aka money. I contend that should not be the motivation for bringing it back.

That is the motvation in everything in Nascar and besides if Dillon does badly that sponsorship will dry up

And again I remind everyone that the black number three car belonged to and was raced by the Childress family long before Dale Earnhardt Sr. came along, it's a Childress family number that was driven by a hired driver no matter how great he was. I will be glad to see it on the track again and hope Austin Dillon kicks some ass driving it so I'll be able to see it in Victory Lane very often once again.

BTW...We all know the SLUGS who run NASCRAP will do anything for a headline...Soooo if the NEW #3 wins @ Daytona next Feb, the fix was in...JUST SAYIN............

That is completely nuts . Slugs ? Nascrap? Fix? Get real.

Back
Top Bottom