Bristol Bass Pro Shops night race Pre-Race Thread

It’s like the order of speed flipped instantly at Hendrick when the playoffs started
All of a sudden larson has top 5 pace with "the easiest car to drive ive ever had at bristol". Meanwhile chase that is actually good at Bristol, cant turn a fast lap to save his life

It’s like the order of speed flipped instantly at Hendrick when the playoffs started
The 48 team was terrible during the regular season, and I said a few weeks back that I hope they learned something at all of the races they did bad at, and it looks like they may have.

Summing wrong if you need hairspray on a racetrack 🤔
If you don't need hairspray, then you didn't bring enough horsepower. Here is what happens when you don't have enough hairspray on a racetrack and spin the tire at over 300 mph and blow it out. Steve was ok and pulled his backup car out and made the next round though.

1663413615091.png

Hopefully the cup guys can put on as good of a show as last night

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If you don't need hairspray, then you didn't bring enough horsepower. Here is what happens when you don't have enough hairspray on a racetrack and spin the tire at over 300 mph and blow it out. Steve was ok and pulled his backup car out and made the next round though.

Yeah that’s real HP.
Cup cars have no HP, the hairspray is for handling, not to keep the rear tires from spinning.

All of a sudden larson has top 5 pace with "the easiest car to drive ive ever had at bristol". Meanwhile chase that is actually good at Bristol, cant turn a fast lap to save his life
Larsons best track has arguably been Bristol and he's probably got a better feel for the speedway than Chase.

Chase will run top 10 but the lack of pace is weird

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The HMS guys are smart. Everyone was saying how bad the 24 had been all summer, but since the playoffs started he's a contender again.

I can't remember where I heard it but someone in the 24 camp admitted that they've basically been a test car

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Chase slow as s%#& again. The second we get to the playoffs we are just terrible. Getting out qualified by Almirola and AJ at Bristol. Just unbelievable
They’ve certainly seemed to spit the bit once we got to the playoffs. Been pretty miserable since Larson used him up at the Glen.

They’ve certainly seemed to spit the bit once we got to the playoffs. Been pretty miserable since Larson used him up at the Glen.
It's got to be a coincidence. I'm wondering if the gap had just been really small.

Bowman and Larson look fast but Chase just needs a solid top 10 tonight, and he will get a good reset.

Same. I’m not hopeful or excited at all. I honestly expect him to get wrecked tonight
It's a weird season because no one is super fast and no one is super consistent. Chase was just moreso than anyone else.

The one thing that DOES bode well for him, is that while he's been beaten on speed through out the year at times, their real edge is how they have managed to turn **** days into bad days, bad days into okay days. Okay days into good days, etc.

Finishing better than their performance is something that's kept them atop the standings. We saw this at Kansas. That was a 15th place car at best. Yet, he scored stage points and finished 10th.

While a quiet top 15 run is disappointing, that's probably all I'd be hoping for tonight if I were a Chase fan.

Survive and advance. Nothing else matters.

You get a points reset and at the very least an opportunity to win your way to the round of 8 at your best track if your points lead disappears again in the next round. After that, you've got the points cushion and Martinsville.

The path is still pretty straight forward for the 9.

Looks like it’s going to be a FULL house tonight . I think Bristol opened up some seats, those banners that show “Bristol moments” look to have been removed somewhat.

Its just years of being an absolutely disappointed Jr fan weighing on me
Hey, being a fan of Bowman and his 48 team hasn't been very easy the past couple of years knowing they are a much better team than their results show. If I didn't already have short hair, I would have pulled it out for sure. :)

More crappy good years. You would think they could make a decent tire.

Back
Top Bottom