Bristol Spring Race Pre - Race Thread

Bristol is like 15 min from Johnson City TN which is where Eastern Tennessee State is so its a college town full of restaurants, bars, two krogers, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express and a Target. and when I went to Bristol it might have been me but it didnt seem like the track itself was in the middle of nowhere, maybe its where I parked.

Yeah but there’s no major cities even close. Martinsville and Darlington both are quick drives from Charlotte

How big a city do you want? I guess I'm missing why this is a necessity. I don't consider 2+ hours as a 'quick drive' when I could be staying within an hour.
I can’t figure it out either as to what difference it makes. I try to stay 15-45 min from a track as long as the surroundings are safe for my family, restaurants are a plenty and the hotel is nice.

Bristol is like 15 min from Johnson City TN which is where Eastern Tennessee State is so its a college town full of restaurants, bars, two krogers, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express and a Target. and when I went to Bristol it might have been me but it didnt seem like the track itself was in the middle of nowhere, maybe its where I parked.
I am so bummed.....We were planning to go this year. I live about 17 hours from the track but my nephew lives about 5 hours away and we were going to drive to his place and all go together but unexpected issues prevented the trip. Maybe next year or this fall. The last time plans fell through like this for me was the fall Talladega race in 22 which Chase ended up winning. Sucks I could not be there. Only time I ever saw my driver win in-person was when I pulled for Kasey Kahne and he won Loudon. Winning in this sport is rare enough that (unless you go to many races every year) there is nothing quite like being there when your driver wins.

I am so bummed.....We were planning to go this year. I live about 17 hours from the track but my nephew lives about 5 hours away and we were going to drive to his place and all go together but unexpected issues prevented the trip. Maybe next year or this fall. The last time plans fell through like this for me was the fall Talladega race in 22 which Chase ended up winning. Sucks I could not be there. Only time I ever saw my driver win in-person was when I pulled for Kasey Kahne and he won Loudon. Winning in this sport is rare enough that (unless you go to many races every year) there is nothing quite like being there when your driver wins.
I’ve never seen it happen, but it’d be a different experience for me. Usually I’m gone the minute they cross the finish line, so to beat the rush out of the parking lot. If Byron were to win, I’d definitely stick around to see the burnout and interview.

I’m saying it probably hurts spring race attendance pretty good
But the night race which I think we can all agree is a healthier attendance, so by your logic I have to ask why doesnt a lack of a big city around the track hurt night time attendnace?

I’ve never seen it happen, but it’d be a different experience for me. Usually I’m gone the minute they cross the finish line, so to beat the rush out of the parking lot. If Byron were to win, I’d definitely stick around to see the burnout and interview.
We always stay until the end and it's never too bad getting out the last few years anyway. Talledega las fall was the last race I went to and I think it took and hour or so to get out.

Usually I’m gone the minute they cross the finish line, so to beat the rush out of the parking lot.
This, with turbos, traction control, and Push-to-pass. The only time I've stayed was when Kenseth locked up his title at Rockingham, and that was just for a couple of victory laps and a slide through the infield (see avatar).

We always stay until the end and it's never too bad getting out the last few years anyway. Talledega las fall was the last race I went to and I think it took and hour or so to get out.
Definitely depends on the track I’m sure. I’ve never had any issues exiting Kansas. The Texas Indy race last year was an absolute disaster. The truck race the night before wasn’t an issue, so I don’t know if it was due to more traffic or if they had a couple car crashes. Roads were closed all over and it took about 1 1/2 hours to get 30 miles. I was not a happy camper once we got back to the hotel.

I was watching the Haulers enter BMS this morning, and I noticed something, so I took a screen shot...
Screenshot_20240316_091712_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: Pat
Looks like the 9 hauler truck may have broken down and they had to use the #17 hauler truck to get the trailer parked. I have done that a few times. That trailer has the generator mounted on the front of the trailer and not on the back of the truck so that makes it much easier because it saves them either having to rent a generator and have it delivered or plugging into the hauler next door.

Looks like the 9 hauler truck may have broken down and they had to use the #17 hauler truck to get the trailer parked. I have done that a few times. That trailer has the generator mounted on the front of the trailer and not on the back of the truck so that makes it much easier because it saves them either having to rent a generator and have it delivered or plugging into the hauler next door.
So wonder if there is a GM/Ford conflict there? I know the Ford supported teams used Ford movers but I saw a picture of a RFK team hauler and it looked like an International tractor? Kinda surprised me.

So wonder if there is a GM/Ford conflict there? I know the Ford supported teams used Ford movers but I saw a picture of a RFK team hauler and it looked like an International tractor? Kinda surprised me.

I think it just means we'll see the 17 in front of the 9 all weekend

That's the Hendrick rig for their #17 Xfinity team. Not the Roush 17

Gawds, that cartoon of Hambone is u-gul-aye. I've seen better mug shots and driver's licenses.

That camera view of Larson made it look like the helmet absolutely smushes your cheeks together. If it actually does, I imagine it’d be quite uncomfortable.

I am the type of fan who likes MY cars perfectly engineered, and to have the preparation impeccable. Typically, I like to go into a race morning with an idea of who the favorite is based on practice and qualifying. While Blaney seems to be the best, I don't know how anyone could know how this race will go given the track conditions. This is fascinating. It was incredible to listen to Ty Gibbs work from an undrivable car to 19th on the grid. Denny too.....but somehow Bubba is maybe just a bit off of Blaney. This is going to be incredible.

Kyle, if the green flag drops at 3:30, it's because the flag man dropped climbing the stand.

Back
Top Bottom