Bristol Sprint Cup Race Thread

Okay well since when does past performance determine future success? Did you read the whole thing I wrote lol? Example: Brad Keselowski 2 years ago! Was a joke in NASCAR... doesn't matter what you did last year I mean damn anyone could come into last season and say Carl kyle and Jr all suck but we know (well not jr) that they dont. You dont win 10 races in one year regardless of series without being a great driver! Hes obviously too good for nationwide and is (maybe slowly) coming into his own in cup and WILL be a factor soon enough. also: You dont drive to fight for the lead under green at Bristol in a cup race if your not a great driver. Period.

Past stats are facts, plain and simple, while "future success" is nothing more than speculation and wishful thinking. And let's see, Brad Keselowski 2 years ago? 3 wins, 14 top-10s, fifth in points, only his second full year in Cup.

Good call bc Ill never not defend it. I could go for days. Who else wants some? lol This isn't even the only forum Im having this argument on.

OK, I'll bite, probably not the only forum you're losing that argument in either.:dunce:

OK Corky, this is going to be quite lengthy, but I'm going to break it down for you here...

Okay well.. we'll see now won't we?

See what? No, we won't see. Why? Because we already have. You keep spewing on about how the past has nothing to do with the future. Well guess what? You're wrong. The past has everything to do with the future. The past 99% of the time can help one predict the future. That's like saying, OK, Kyle Petty was bad, but he can still come back next year and win the Championship! He will be really good because I say so!

Joeys hand me downs compared to Gibbs' star child..

Spare me the "hand me downs" BS. That's nothing but an excuse. They had the same equipment FROM THE SAME TEAM! Why would Gibbs give Joey lesser equipment? Why wouldn't he want Logano to succeed? Saying he was given hand me downs is just dumb. He wasn't given hand me downs, he just wasn't as good as the other 2 in the same equipment.

and now he's fast every week? Coincidence? I think not

He's fast every week? Let's see here, finishes of 19th, 26th, 12th, and 17th. WOOHOO! Holy cow! Look at that speed!!! Save me your excuses of why he didn't finish any better. Yes! Logano is looking great in the middle of a racing when the real drivers aren't even really competing and are just logging laps!!! Congrats! I'll be over here watching my driver Top 5 for the past 2 weeks.

but Im telling you there's something in Joey. He'll do it,

No, he won't. He's had 4 full years in one of the best teams in NASCAR to prove he can do it, and he's failed.

but stats from the past have nothing to do with next week. And that is inarguable.

No, it's not inarguable. As I've stated above. I can go back at his past results and dictate that he's going to suck next week. Guess what? 90% of the time, he's going to prove me right. Why? Because he's sucked so much in the past, he's surely going to suck in the future.

Look at Brad a couple years ago was a joke! Now look at him,

Exactly! Now look at him! What did he do? He learned how to drive a race car correctly! What has Joey done? Continue his losing ways! What's the difference? Brad was able to correct his mistakes because he's a race car driver! What has Joey done? Continue to struggle because he can't compete with the big dogs. And LOL at you comparing Brad. Dude, Brad sucked his rookie year, and that was it. He finished 25th in the standings his rookie year, and then finished 5th in his second year. Terrible comparison.

Get over Joey not being a top ten driver? How? When ur wrong

How am I wrong? He's already proven year after year he's not a top 10 driver. What hasn't he proved? That he IS a top 10 driver! Guess what? That makes YOU wrong, not me.

, you can fall back on his past performances all you want I could care less.

Well of course you could care less. Why? Because his stats indeed prove that you are wrong by a long shot. Why would anyone want to bring facts into an argument when the facts show how crazy they are? The facts show that they aren't even close to knowing what they are talking about.

Past performance does not determine future performance.Period.

That could be a valid argument if this was his 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 4th year. But it's not. He's had plenty of time to prove himself. He's proven he's a dud, nothing more. Hell, I can sit here and say Landon Cassill will be a top 10 driver this year too, but guess what, his past stats prove how drunk I would be to make that statement.

If you could use your brain and pay attention you would see that Joey is fast every damn week.

If you could use your brain and realize that when a driver is "fast" in the middle of a race, it's not because he's "fast", it's because the actual good cars on the track are saving there stuff for when it matters towards the end of the race. What happens at the end of a race with Joey? Oh, suddenly, he's not so fast. Coincidence? Nah. 'Cause Joey sucks.

willing to bet he finishes ahead of Denny in the standings AT LEAST 3 of the next 5 years! Im obviously not saying Joeys going to go win the championsihp this year

Why not? If Joey's so good, why wouldn't you say he could win the Championship in the next 5 years? And lol at Joey finishing ahead 3 of 5. Baby steps Corky, baby steps. How about you worry about finishing ahead of Denny just ONCE in the standings before you start predicting 3 of 5.

but he is geting better and if ur going to try and argue that point ur a moron or ur not paying attention.

I'm a moron? I'm not the one calling finishes of 12th, 26th, 19th, and 17th "getting better". Those are stats of a top 10 driver? Lulz!!! Those are stats of someone getting better? Damn, he must have been worse than I thought then.

Remember hes only 22, driving for the lead at Bristol. You don't drive to the lead at Bristol if your not a top 10 driver. And if you disagree with that, well then I cant help you maybe you should get ur head checked.
David Ragan led more laps at Bristol than Joey did, so I guess that makes Ragan a Top 5 driver! If you think leading one lap at Bristol in the middle of a race is a big deal, then I'd reevaluate who you think needs their head checked.

Its the fact that Joey is better than most people seem to think and is getting better.

No sunshine, see the difference is, what you are saying is speculation. NOTHING you have said is fact. That's the difference. EVERYTHING I have said is indeed fact. I'm not speculating anything. Here, just for some FACTS on how much better Denny is, we will compare the two at the same point in their careers. Here's the stats for the first full years of each driver. Lemme guess, stats don't mean he's better right? LOL

Races - Both with 144
Wins - Denny with 8, Joey with 4. Denny had 6 more wins at the same point in his career.
Top 5's - Denny with 47, Joey with 16. Lol. Not even close. Denny with 31 more Top 5's.
Top 10's - Denny with 76, Joey with 41. Who's on top? Oh yeah, DENNY with 35 more.
Pole's - Denny with 6, Joey with 5. Meh, who cares about poles though, but Denny's still ahead!
Laps Led - Denny with 3,469, Joey with 337. HAHAHA. Denny led more his rookie year than Joey's whole career!
Standings finishes - Denny (3rd, 12th, 8th, 5th) Joey (20th, 16th, 24th, 17th). Ha. Denny's worse year is still 4 spots better than Joey's best. But Joey is better than Denny!
Average Starting Position - Denny with 13.8, Joey with 16.6. Denny even qualifies better than Joey!
Average Finishing Position - Denny with 13.7, Joey with 18.3. Yep, but Joey is better!

These are stats when they were both on the SAME team with the SAME equipment! It doesn't get anymore comparable than that.

Now, what I presented to you above was indeed FACTS! Bring me FACTS to back up your argument. Not just speculation.

speaking of real drivers, since we seem like we were concentrated on what Logano was going LOL. Kyle Busch come from the rear and almost win like it was nothing.

Wow really? Where's your driver on the list of 22 year olds with a K&N Championship, 18 NNS wins, 2 Cup wins.. 16 cup top 5s and 41 top 10s? Joey Logano will be winning races and championships still when your driver is getting his diaper changed and watching races from a retirement home.. he is racing against guys who have raced cup for years. Most of whom didnt start winning until their late 20's/early 30's.. Joey Logano has a better record now than whoever your driver is did at that age, and it's only getting better. Anyone who wants to talk smack about Logano go ahead all you want but that doesn't change the fact that he's had fast cars every wek this year! You cannot deny that, he is obviously working very well with his new team. All he has to do pretty much is keep driving the 22 and he'll be a factor. And, oh...wait for it....... he's signed til he's 25 with Penske!! Ooooooooh riiiiiight! I think you might be on to somethin here lol get it yet?

Wow really? Where's your driver on the list of 22 year olds with a K&N Championship, 18 NNS wins, 2 Cup wins.. 16 cup top 5s and 41 top 10s? Joey Logano will be winning races and championships still when your driver is getting his diaper changed and watching races from a retirement home.. he is racing against guys who have raced cup for years. Most of whom didnt start winning until their late 20's/early 30's.. Joey Logano has a better record now than whoever your driver is did at that age, and it's only getting better. Anyone who wants to talk smack about Logano go ahead all you want but that doesn't change the fact that he's had fast cars every wek this year! You cannot deny that, he is obviously working very well with his new team. All he has to do pretty much is keep driving the 22 and he'll be a factor. And, oh...wait for it....... he's signed til he's 25 with Penske!! Ooooooooh riiiiiight! I think you might be on to somethin here lol get it yet?
How does Joey compare to Kyle Busch???
Oh...wait for it...HE DOESN'T

Or, it could be that he has already reached his peak, and winning in the NNS on a regular basis will be as good as it get.

Call me when his daddy teaches him to shave and he has a few more wins under his belt. If either of those ever happen.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for bragging about one's favorite Cup driver, but one has to have done something in Cup to have bragging rights. Into his 6th year in Cup with but 2 wins and a 16 place high in season points ain't exactly bragging material.

Well see that was a damn waste of your time bc Ill still be here telling you I told you so soon enough. Thats all that really matters. LOL You covered everything else.. woooo congrats! You really told me! LOL point is I dont care im still here saying Joey will win.. and even if he doesnt Ill be here next week sayin the same ****. Your talking to a guy who believes in his driver and is going to let it be known week in and week out. You can say whatever you want but I know Joey will break out soon. So go ahead with all your facts and stats and all that **** but that dont account for confidence he never had before.. like I said you can all say whatever you would like because Ill still be the one saying I told you so in the end.

I would also like to add that in Daytona fuel pump issues had him a lap down.. was in the top 10 all day before that, got his lap back and drove like a mad man to the front where he got hung out ..whatever **** happens....Phoenix, was running top 10 all day and ran out of gas only to find it was a fuel line issue...Vegas, got caught speeding..as did your driver and a few others.. tried the wave around then got f***** by the way things fell wirh cautions and STILL he came back from 2 laps down to finish 12th...and at bristol he had the fastest car and was going to win if denny didnt dump him...so ...fast?! Heck yaa every damn week! Just stupid BS keeping him from a good finish...not "not saving his stuff". And THAT is facts not speculation. Stupid bad luck is the ONLY reason hes not well inside the top 10 in points right now and he's still 12th that aint bad at all.

The Maple Leafs will win a stanley cup before Logano finishes top 5 in a full season

Our driver is on the list of Nationwide Champs who has 107 NASCAR wins, 24 Cup wins, 95 Cup Top 5's, and 143 Cup Top 10's. Do you really want to open that can of worms Corky?

And yes, we get it. You like drugs. We got that a long time ago.

Okay maybe wasn't going to win for sure yesterday but had a damn good shot at it anyway. Would have had a top 5 at least. Sorry for double posting it wont let me edit for some reason.

Okay maybe wasn't going to win for sure yesterday but had a damn good shot at it anyway. Would have had a top 5 at least. Sorry for double posting it wont let me edit for some reason.
Now this is a normal post from a fan of whatever driver. The crap you've been spouting all day is the kind of crap that makes people hate some drivers (or other sports teams), because their fans are over the top and annoying.

Now this is a normal post from a fan of whatever driver. The crap you've been spouting all day is the kind of crap that makes people hate some drivers (or other sports teams), because their fans are over the top and annoying.

Okay you know what.. first of all Ive been pumped hating on Denny lol which kinda made me stick up for Joey more aggressively.

Im going to drop any arguent other than Joey has been fast every race this year. Issues have kept him from getting the finishes he deserved and without those issues. (fuel pump, speeding, denny...(not "not saving his stuff") he would be well inside the top 10. I mean damn you can clearly see how much of a Logano fan I am and even I didnt think he would be this fast this soon. I believe Joey is going to do great things and is looking better every week. You dont see it. Thats fine. We can argue again about it when the time comes. In the future Ill try to not be such a dick.

I think Kyle might have finally "got it"when it comes to pit row. He sounds like he is going to put the brakes on trying to fool the timing sectors and back off a bit. It is great for fans I guess to watch him pass the field almost every race because of a penalty or a blown engine. He screwed himself out of two years of chances to either win or place well in the chase. By the time he gets to the front, he has used up himself, the pit crew, and the car. Dale Jr this year I don't believe has had a pit row penalty and he is running second in the points and is an example of a driver who used to get a penalty and sometimes two a race. I think if Kyle really "gets it" he will be able to stay up in the front pack and he might get into the chase and who knows after that.

ain't nothing to it sliced bread. Facts and figures don't mean a heck of a lot when you are a fan. I'm a closet Piquet fan in nationwide myself. So what if he runs 25th, I will still keep pulling for him. Easy as pie and a no brainer to back a winner, this board is full of em.

ain't nothing to it sliced bread. Facts and figures don't mean a heck of a lot when you are a fan. I'm a closet Piquet fan in nationwide myself. So what if he runs 25th, I will still keep pulling for him. Easy as pie and a no brainer to back a winner, this board is full of em.

Honestly, the only reason I started liking Logano was because my Dad is a Stewart fan. I picked the new guy in the 20.. he was a rookie and I had only recently started watching more and more NASCAR, so I went with the underdog. But Joey earned the way that I defend him. Don't get me wrong Ive spent many a sunday disappointed. Ive just seen more out of him in the past little bit, probably around the time he found out he was going to be driving for Penske, and winning 10 times altogether last year kinf od helped lol. Ive always rooted for him, but now I really believe it will happen when before it was more I believed it could happen. Im proud of Joey and his whole team for what theyve been able to do this year so far. They don't have the finishes to show the speed...yet. The speed is there though. Theyve just yet to put together a whole race. They'll get there though.

Why did you call me Corky? Just curious, doesn't it say Sliced Bread 22? Or did you just call me that and my name coincidentally happens to be Corey? lol

gotta have faith when you are backing a non favorite.:) Plenty around here that just love to wine and moan about anything and everything. Stay positive and don't let em drag ya down cause there really isn't anything to get twisted about. You can learn a lot about Nascar around here, I have.

gotta have faith when you are backing a non favorite.:) Plenty around here that just love to wine and moan about anything and everything. Stay positive and don't let em drag ya down cause there really isn't anything to get twisted about. You can learn a lot about Nascar around here, I have.

Well I think Ive showed I have Faith. :D hehe and dont worry no one can bring me down. At least now everyone here knows who I am though..Im the Logano fan! lol

:cheers: and don't call me surely.

How do you feel about Denny?

Good one. I used to think he was alright. He was even my favorite for the champion going into the chase last year. Now, I think absolutely nothing of him. He's a bum. You remember him saying Brad wouldnt be around for long? LOL Well maybe its good luck for Joey that Denny doesnt like him.

Good one. I used to think he was alright. He was even my favorite for the champion going into the chase last year. Now, I think absolutely nothing of him. He's a bum. You remember him saying Brad wouldnt be around for long? LOL Well maybe its good luck for Joey that Denny doesnt like him.

I think you are ok with that. those two knuckleheads above aren't going to defend Denny with too much vigor, he's not winning enough.:)

Back
Top Bottom