Bristol to hold Dirt Nationals prior to NASCAR weekend

MRM

Team Owner
Actual dirt cars will get a chance to race on Bristol's dirt March 15-20 for the Bristol Dirt Nationals. Dirt late models will be once of the classes in action.

That's another race streaming site I hadn't yet heard of. Wish it were on Flo or DIRTVision. The late models will be fun to watch. I wonder if a separate sprint car show is in the works or not.

Actual dirt cars will get a chance to race on Bristol's dirt March 15-20 for the Bristol Dirt Nationals. Dirt late models will be once of the classes in action.

First of all I am stoked this is happening. Unfortunately it conflicts with the Lucas Oil guys so I am not sure any of them will show up. WoO looks to be off that weekend so I would assume you would get some guys from there. It will be interesting to see who shows up.

The press release also says more "grassroots classes" will be announced, I am curious what that would include. Mods, sprints, 4 cylinder? Should be a fun week.

That's another race streaming site I hadn't yet heard of. Wish it were on Flo or DIRTVision. The late models will be fun to watch. I wonder if a separate sprint car show is in the works or not.
Yeah never heard of it either

Hopefully it won't be as bad as the Asphalt Short Track Nationals they've had. I went to the first one in 2017....probably the most behind-the-scenes failures I've ever seen. They expected HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of cars so they changed a bunch of rules and had something strange with the tires (I can't remember) and ended up not filling the premier SLM field after so many racers bailed. Ran out of souvenirs on the practice day. I believe they had 2 tow trucks sio wrecks took FOREVER to clean up. Rain was a factor.

The second year I went with my buddies and it was probably the best year, but with a ton of rain. They did finally get it all in though.

2019 they shortened it to two days and eliminated some divisions. This past year they had MASSIVE tire failures on a large scale...think 2008 NASCAR at Indy....scheduled competition cautions....can't do that much when the race is only 100 laps.

All that said....40 compacts and 40 street stocks at Bristol is something to see. And the SLM guys run faster than cup cars. Unfortunately some guys were in over their head....saw a modified get sheered in half sitting on the backstretch and another guy came and t-boned him full-speed.

They had some super late models testing last night. You can find video of it on the Bristol Dirt Nationals Facebook page. Kyle Strickler turned a lap of around 15.6 seconds. That's hauling the mail.

They had some super late models testing last night. You can find video of it on the Bristol Dirt Nationals Facebook page. Kyle Strickler turned a lap of around 15.6 seconds. That's hauling the mail.

I won’t lie, I have IndyCar at Vegas fears with WoO at Bristol. Those speeds are going to be unreal. I’d bet around 13 seconds

I won’t lie, I have IndyCar at Vegas fears with WoO at Bristol. Those speeds are going to be unreal. I’d bet around 13 seconds
I am with you on this one. On any track what we see sprint car drivers do is undescribable to anyone who has never watched a race.

Facilities wise Bristol will be miles safer then many places they run.

Back
Top Bottom