Bubba in the 45

Why? I'd say ty is a more talented driver than bubba and would probably score more owners points for them.

Where are the “illegal team orders” guys? 🤣
Bubba won’t increase the chances of a 45 “championship.”

It's just another hokey playoff thing. Gordon gets in when he shouldn't, Let's move Bubba to the 45... whatever.

Why? I'd say ty is a more talented driver than bubba and would probably score more owners points for them.
It's hokey enough as it is, but having a declared full time Xfinity driver competing for a cup title even Nascar couldn't swallow that one.

Kurt isn't ruled out right? This lets him come back when he's ready and gives the team more certainty. Kinda the only way it could've worked

The one thing that seems odd to me in this whole deal is I can't believe the sponsors agreed to it. Sounds like in reality its just a number swap and sponsors stay the same, but some of these sponsors invested a lot of money in the #23 brand with merchandise and promotional things

The one thing that seems odd to me in this whole deal is I can't believe the sponsors agreed to it. Sounds like in reality its just a number swap and sponsors stay the same, but some of these sponsors invested a lot of money in the #23 brand with merchandise and promotional things
I would think that was all worked out in advance.

It's just another hokey playoff thing. Gordon gets in when he shouldn't, Let's move Bubba to the 45... whatever.
The car is the only thing that matters in owners points. You could have 26 different drivers for the first 26 races of the year in one car, and as long as that car number has enough points/a win, then it makes the owners playoffs.

It's hokey enough as it is, but having a declared full time Xfinity driver competing for a cup title even Nascar couldn't swallow that one.
That's not forbidden, a car can compete for the Owner's championship in Cup with an Xfinity driver behind the wheel.
This move makes sense since Bubba has considerably more experience than Ty.

That's not forbidden, a car can compete for the Owner's championship in Cup with an Xfinity driver behind the wheel.
This move makes sense since Bubba has considerably more experience than Ty.
I guess you guys are right. But it's hokey to me that because of the "playoff reset" and 2000 flim flam points in which the 45 benefits, they shouldn't because of the driver isn't driving IMO...IMO. But whatever.

Ya I’m with you it is what it is

I think Bubba needs to win soon. I’m not sure what his contract is with 23-11
JGR affiliate teams usually don't last very long but 23XI wouldn't be around if not for Bubba. He'll continue to drive for them for the foreseeable future.
And honestly, he isn't that bad. Definitely good enough to be a full-time Cup driver.

You telling me you cant see that they have awarded 2000 OWNER points to the 45 car?
Read what I BOLDED again... I'm not disputing that the points reset for the playoffs. I'm disputing you saying that it shouldn't count when there's a driver change. Which is ridiculous because owners points are points that OMIT the DRIVER, that's the whole point of it.

Fbg4lfLUEAEDlfg.jpeg

Read what I BOLDED again... I'm not disputing that the points reset for the playoffs. I'm disputing you saying that it shouldn't count when there's a driver change. Which is ridiculous because owners points are points that OMIT the DRIVER, that's the whole point of it.
Exactly.

My point is the 45 car shouldn't get the points. You don't like it thats fine. Cry all you like OR you have an ignore button you can use. I think the next one down should be in the playoffs , get the 2000 points, it makes more sense to ME.

My point is the 45 car shouldn't get the points. You don't like it thats fine. Cry all you like OR you have an ignore button you can use. I think the next one down should be in the playoffs , get the 2000 points, it makes more sense to ME.
You're the one crying about the rules that have been set in stone for years.

You're the one crying about the rules that have been set in stone for years.
They let Gordon in, let Kyle in, would have let Tony in, and now this. There wasn't rules for any of this, but I am sure they are busily writing some more for this latest situation. To me it's just one other hokey thing about the playoffs. No crying here bud.

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom