Bubba in the 45

The one thing that seems odd to me in this whole deal is I can't believe the sponsors agreed to it. Sounds like in reality its just a number swap and sponsors stay the same, but some of these sponsors invested a lot of money in the #23 brand with merchandise and promotional things

23XI pretty much does whatever they want as far as sponsorship is concerned. Lots of decisions are made without even consulting the sponsors, and the team members who handle sponsor relations are a bunch of dickheads. I know for a fact Root will not be back with the team once their deal is up because they don't like the way they have been treated by the team. They cater to McDonald's and **** on everyone else.

They let Gordon in, let Kyle in, would have let Tony in, and now this. There wasn't rules for any of this, but I am sure they are busily writing some more for this latest situation. To me it's just one other hokey thing about the playoffs. No crying bud.
There are rules for this. Owners points, and who or what can qualify for them, has never been in question. You're assuming there's been no rule for this but you'd be wrong about that.

There are rules for this. Owners points, and who or what can qualify for them, has never been in question. You're assuming there's been no rule for this but you'd be wrong about that.
And actually we've seen it countless times in Xfinity and Trucks where "All-Star" cars with several different drivers qualified for and competed in the playoffs.

Maybe. I don't think he's a championship caliber driver but he should be able to get some more wins, he'll also get one at a non-plate track eventually.
Some can't grasp the fact that many drivers have long careers and don't have multiple cup wins. Wallace has a good following, apparently gets along well with sponsor duties and is a decent driver. I think he does anyway. He's changed a lot since he came in the series.

I have a hard time remembering that driver points and owner points are two different animals. A car can be in the running, but not the driver.
Makes my head hurt.
yeah it's a secret under the radar owners deal. There is money involved but we the average Joe's aren't privy to how much it is. Thus IMO the flim flam pinch driver business.

Okay, if the #23 is eligible for the owner's title, which driver's car is out? #12?
There is no way the 23 is eligible looking at the owner points. They added 2000 owners points to the top 16 cars.

If you look at the driver points for the 45 you will be even more confused

does anyone know or care who won the owners points in the last 10 years, but its alot of money for the team, smart move for them
Penske spent half a decade gunning for owner’s championship in the Xfinity series with the 22. No one remembers in the Cup series because there’s no precedent for mismatched driver and owner points in the playoffs, but MWR did make themselves a factor for a bit with the 55, but ultimately never made the Chase with that car.

Penske spent half a decade gunning for owner’s championship in the Xfinity series with the 22. No one remembers in the Cup series because there’s no precedent for mismatched driver and owner points in the playoffs, but MWR did make themselves a factor for a bit with the 55, but ultimately never made the Chase with that car.

That was the whole Busch Series from 2006 to about 2011 was Owner Points between RCR, JGR, Penske haha

Not sure I understand the move. I've got nothing against Bubba but it's pretty clear to me that Ty Gibbs is more talented of a driver and I think would perform better.

But I've been wrong before, prove me wrong Bubba

Not sure I understand the move. I've got nothing against Bubba but it's pretty clear to me that Ty Gibbs is more talented of a driver and I think would perform better.

What are they going to do if halfway thru the chase if ty is significantly outperforming bubba?

Bubba has more Next Gen experience and is better right now. In six races so far Bubba has beaten Ty head-to-head in five. Bubba has two Top 5s and three Top 10s to Ty’s one Top 10.

That was the whole Busch Series from 2006 to about 2011 was Owner Points between RCR, JGR, Penske haha

Yep, and it was borderline unwatchable. Basically just "Cup Lite" with a handful of BGN regulars that were noncompetitive.

I strongly prefer 90's BGN and present day BGN (Xfinity) over that awful time period.

Yep, and it was borderline unwatchable. Basically just "Cup Lite" with a handful of BGN regulars that were noncompetitive.

I strongly prefer 90's BGN and present day BGN (Xfinity) over that awful time period.

It got better once Brad Keselowski and the 88/22 made things interesting. Mike Bliss sometimes haha

I don’t mind the present day Xfinity Series. I think seeing Larson run a few, Byron, Reddick, etc is fine

Same answer. Yes.

The # 12 is 17th in Owner Points, 3 ahead of the # 19.

The most interesting aspect for me in this, if I'm interpreting the points situation correctly, is that Blaney can win the drivers points title but the car he would be driving has no chance to win on the owners side of the championship.

The most interesting aspect for me in this, if I'm interpreting the points situation correctly, is that Blaney can win the drivers points title but the car he would be driving has no chance to win on the owners side of the championship.

What if later on Cindric for example is eliminated from the driver's championship but not the owner's one due to Blaney advancing in the driver's playoff and being ahead but not eligible for owner's one.
Any chance they would swap numbers with Blaney so he can run for both?

Why if later on Cindric for example is eliminated from the driver's championship but not the owner's one due to Blaney advancing in the driver's playoff and being ahead but not eligible for owner's one.

I’m really not trying to laugh at you, but that would be interesting lol

What if later on Cindric for example is eliminated from the driver's championship but not the owner's one due to Blaney advancing in the driver's playoff and being ahead but not eligible for owner's one.
No.

Driver and car number are eliminated together.

Back
Top Bottom