Burn outs and donuts

BOWTIE GUY

Team Owner
Does anyone else here love to do burn outs and donuts?I have a 86 IROC that I take out Saturday or Sunday mourning, and just romp and stomp doing burn outs,donuts and fish tales on the back roads. I love it.

I go to the local junk yard and get used tires. I have a two set of rims.

yeah I love to do that kind of stuff but hate paying for the tires. when I was a teenager I destroyed the spider gears of several pickup truck rear ends doing burnouts. but there was 0ne key factory this were my DAD's vehicles. I was never that stupid with my own stuff. yeah I would mess around a little bit but nothing I thought would hurt the car. because I couldn't really afford to fix it, and didn't feel like walking. I drove a 74 corvette at the time that I worked and saved for when I was 15. I was fixing the car enough as it was.

I had an 07 mustang gt for a while. I did some rubber burning with it too, but nothing so severe as to destroy the tires.

Get a dragster, then you get to do all the burnouts you want before a run down the quarter-mile.

I love when I go to the local drag strip on Friday night (High School nights) and high school kids are trying to do burnouts in their stock automatic 95 Acuras with street tires. Ah well, glad they're screwing around at the drag strip than on the road.

Get a dragster, then you get to do all the burnouts you want before a run down the quarter-mile.

Ah well, glad they're screwing around at the drag strip than on the road.

Agreed.

I have always been involved in motorsport and one thing growing up and now (and also teach this with younger kids) is to do this at a track. There are plenty of tracks around and its a great way to learn better driving techniques and understand understeer/oversteer and also discover the limits of car/driver ability and also mechanical/tyre limits.

Burnouts..... yep.... done plenty at the tracks for photo shoots etc and also for tyre warming for starts.

I know doing stuff on the road appears harmless but I have seen to much in the past when things go wrong.... and its usually because there are peers/friends around and ego exceeds ability.

Do I sound boring preaching this..... h e l l yeah..... but do I have fun on a track...... h e l l yeah!

If you want to see some good burnouts ... you tube search summernats burnouts, its a car festival in Aus that has a special build burnout/dounut pad and its cool to watch.

nope.....ain't been able ta even "chirp" rear tires on me '92 f150 .......since i bought it back then. ha!
over 1/4 mill miles tho.

Back
Top Bottom