Busch beer to return to sponsor clash

1979-busch-clash-baker-waltrip.jpg

images

images

Pole winners, former Busch Clash winners should be 12-16 cars.

Reactions: Pat
Teams get to see how their car stacks up in speed, races on long runs, and how it races in the pack. Good advantage over non entries. The more the merrier as far as teams are concerned.

Reactions: Pat
I don't know in may age range I still think of it as the Bud Shootout.

Pole winners, former Busch Clash winners should be 12-16 cars.

Let's see.....

2019 Pole Winners (and have a 2020 ride)
1. William Byron
2. Aric Almirola
3. Kevin Harvick
4. Ryan Blaney
5. Austin Dillon
6. Joey Logano
7. Jimmie Johnson
8. Chase Elliott
9. Kyle Larson
10. Brad Keselowski
11. Denny Hamlin
12. Clint Bowyer
13. Kyle Busch

Former Busch Clash winners (not otherwise eligible)
14. Kurt Busch

Daniel Hemric and Daniel Suarez would give us 16 if they could get rides.

Notable things:
- Alex Bowman is the only Hendrick driver to miss the cut. Since Hemric is with JR Motorsports, it's likely that Hendrick gives him a one race deal in the #88 so they can get that car some on-track time.
- Only two JGR cars make it, Jones and MTJ are watching from the pits.
- Penske and CGR have all of their cars in the show. SHR would be in the same boat if they hadn't fired Suarez.

I guess you could also include former Daytona 500 winners, but doubtful that it adds more than 1-2 cars at most.

"The exclusive field is limited to 2019 Busch Pole Award winners; past Busch Clash champions who competed full-time in 2019; former DAYTONA 500 champions who competed full-time in 2019; former DAYTONA 500 pole winners who competed full-time in 2019 and 2019 NASCAR Cup Series Playoff drivers."

Newman, Jones, Bowman, Truex. @The Nature Boy, your 'Notable things' need revisiting.

"The exclusive field is limited to 2019 Busch Pole Award winners; past Busch Clash champions who competed full-time in 2019; former DAYTONA 500 champions who competed full-time in 2019; former DAYTONA 500 pole winners who competed full-time in 2019 and 2019 NASCAR Cup Series Playoff drivers."

Newman, Jones, Bowman, Truex. @The Nature Boy, your 'Notable things' need revisiting.

It was just a hypothetical to my post. We know NASCAR wants a big field.

Back
Top Bottom