But the Jaguars fans don't have any fans, just ask ESPN and ProFootballTalk...

A logo change will almost always cause a jump in merchandise, even for the Jags. Really no surprise. I've said for a long time that I can't believe the Lerners, now Haslam, hasn't added a logo to the Browns yet. Merchandise sales would be through the roof. Although, Haslam has talked about it already, so he might make a change.

As a fan of a Florida team, it's no secret that a bunch of Florida team fans suck. (No offense to you Andy) The Heat debacle this year for an example is why most people think that. Blackouts don't really prove anything. Using Cleveland again, they've never been blacked out and sell out quite often. Yet, many times, the stadium is only half full.

I'll be seeing the Jaguars live when they come to play the Titans in November. I'll see if those uniforms look any better in person ;)

Jaguars1.jpg

I definitely like the new logo quite a bit better.

As to Browns stadium being only "half full", that is a gross overstatement. It isn't always completely full even when all tickets are sold, as with other stadiums as well. People have to right to weigh the day's weather conditions and the team's current play in relation to the day's opponent and decide if they want to use the tickets they have paid for. It's hard to blame the people in and around Jacksonville for not buying tickets. That is a really bad team they are putting on the field. The team has to bear some of the responsibility to put, at least, a watchable product out on the field on a regular basis. They haven't.

As to Browns stadium being only "half full", that is a gross overstatement. It isn't always completely full even when all tickets are sold, as with other stadiums as well.

Not at all. I do my fair share of Browns games annually. Attend anywhere from 3-5 games every year. Towards the end of the season, people just stop coming. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

I went to the Titans season finale against Jacksonville last year, and for a meaningless game between teams that were 5-10 and 2-13 going in, and with temps that never got out of the 30's, I was surprised at the turnout. The place was probably at least 80% full.

I give credit to the Jags and their fans. Fans in this state are very fickle and fair-weather for the most part, especially in the Tampa Bay and Miami areas and it shows when the teams aren't any good.

Well they can have no black outs since them team dictates what a sell out is when you tarp off 10,000 seats.

Let's see how many seats Pittsburgh or New England would sell if their teams went 2-14 and didn't make a playoff appearance in six years.

I know it kills the national media narrative because they want a team in Los Angeles, but Jaguars fans are pretty loyal unlike fans of most teams who would've become a Baltimore Ravens or San Francisco 49ers fan by now.

Pitts gonna sell the seats no matter what.

Let's see what happens when they go a few seasons without a playoff appearance and have a couple seasons with losing records. :)

The Jaguars are the worst team in football and they sell over 64,000 seats (96% of overall stadium capacity) every single week (which puts them inside the top 20 in NFL teams in terms of attendance). Hell, the Jaguars had a higher average attendance percentage for home games than the Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers and the Washington Redskins.

No other team, in all of sports, can suck that bad and still get that kind of attendance.

http://dilemma-x.net/2013/01/06/nfl-final-regular-season-home-attendance-for-2012/

Pitts gonna sell the seats no matter what.
It would be kind of interesting to see. You have to go back to the 80's to find the last time the Steelers weren't consistently good. They've had a few bad seasons here and there since then, but they always seem to bounce back from them very quickly.

It would be kind of interesting to see. You have to go back to the 80's to find the last time the Steelers weren't consistently good. They've had a few bad seasons here and there since then, but they always seem to bounce back from them very quickly.

The Jacksonville metropolitan area has half as many people as the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. EverBank Field in Jacksonville seats more people than Heinz Field in Pittsburgh (even with the tarps :rolleyes:). Jacksonville sells more tickets, and a higher percentage of tickets, for their home games than Pittsburgh. And Pittsburgh's considered to be one of the most popular teams in the NFL while Jacksonville supposedly doesn't have any fans whatsoever.

I know it's hard for other people to accept it when you have ESPN and ProFootballTalk talking every week about tarps and Jaguars games being blacked out (there hasn't been a blackout of a Jacksonville Jaguars home game in over three years) and when they're going out of their way to take pictures of empty seats.

If the Jaguars were playing in Los Angeles, ESPN would be talking about "die-hard fans". And that's the bottom line. The Jaguars aren't in Los Angeles. And it pisses ESPN off.

The Jacksonville metropolitan area has half as many people as the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. EverBank Field in Jacksonville seats more people than Heinz Field in Pittsburgh (even with the tarps :rolleyes:). Jacksonville sells more tickets, and a higher percentage of tickets, for their home games than Pittsburgh. And Pittsburgh's considered to be one of the most popular teams in the NFL while Jacksonville supposedly doesn't have any fans whatsoever.

I know it's hard for other people to accept it when you have ESPN and ProFootballTalk talking every week about tarps and Jaguars games being blacked out (there hasn't been a blackout of a Jacksonville Jaguars home game in over three years) and when they're going out of their way to take pictures of empty seats.

If the Jaguars were playing in Los Angeles, ESPN would be talking about "die-hard fans". And that's the bottom line. The Jaguars aren't in Los Angeles. And it pisses ESPN off.
I find that ESPN has an unhealthy obsession with the Cowboys and Jets. Seems they give those two teams way too much exposure in relation to the product they put on the field. On ESPN radio, Colin Cowturd (I mean Cowherd) tried to justify the unrelenting Jets love by saying "it's the biggest football market in America, so people care what goes on with the Jets". Meanwhile there's a team that plays in the same stadium that's won 2 of the last 6 Super Bowls, and they don't get nearly as much attention from ESPN as the Jets do.

I find that ESPN has an unhealthy obsession with the Cowboys and Jets. Seems they give those two teams way too much exposure in relation to the product they put on the field. On ESPN radio, Colin Cowturd (I mean Cowherd) tried to justify the unrelenting Jets love by saying "it's the biggest football market in America, so people care what goes on with the Jets". Meanwhile there's a team that plays in the same stadium that's won 2 of the last 6 Super Bowls, and they don't get nearly as much attention from ESPN as the Jets do.

Most Cowboys fans are like Yankees fans. They probably couldn't name a single wide receiver on their "favorite team". Tony Romo's probably the only player they can name, just like Derek Jeter and A-Roid are the only Yankees players most Yanks fans can name. And half of those probably don't even know A-Roid's full name.

ESPN is just awful, period. I cannot wait for FOX Sports 1 to launch.

Yes, you are. If you can't see it in your statement about Cleveland attendance, then I can't help you.

"Jacksonville has a great fan base for being the crappiest team in the NFL, despite what ESPN says." Derp. Yea, we all get what your trying to say.

Which obviously I'm just saying that Cleveland has a tremendous following for being consistently one of the worst teams as well.

Hope that clears things up for you.

"Jacksonville has a great fan base for being the crappiest team in the NFL, despite what ESPN says." Derp. Yea, we all get what your trying to say.

Which obviously I'm just saying that Cleveland has a tremendous following for being consistently one of the worst teams as well.

Hope that clears things up for you.

But Cleveland fans aren't berated and belittled by the media. They're often praised because they get 90% turnout. And if there were empty seats at a Cleveland game, ESPN would excuse it.

Jacksonville has an excuse for bad attendance. And their attendance isn't even that bad. And all of us Jaguars fans are constantly belittled by the media... to the point that ESPN goes out of their way to find empty seats - even if it means taking pictures of an empty section during a game where the Jaguars are down by 21 points in the fourth quarter. And half the time, their facts are wrong when they do belittle the franchise.

See my point?

But Cleveland fans aren't berated and belittled by the media. They're often praised because they get 90% turnout. And if there were empty seats at a Cleveland game, ESPN would excuse it.

Jacksonville has an excuse for bad attendance. And their attendance isn't even that bad. And all of us Jaguars fans are constantly belittled by the media... to the point that ESPN goes out of their way to find empty seats - even if it means taking pictures of an empty section during a game where the Jaguars are down by 21 points in the fourth quarter. And half the time, their facts are wrong when they do belittle the franchise.

See my point?

Yeah you want a gold medal for being a crappy Jags fan?

Meanwhile there's a team that plays in the same stadium that's won 2 of the last 6 Super Bowls, and they don't get nearly as much attention from ESPN as the Jets do.

Who might that be? I kid, I kid.

Rex Ryan doesn't coach the Giants and Mark Sanchez doesn't play for them. Why should we care? We all know Eli Manning's overrated and Sanchez is the man!!! :sarcasm:

Could I get a gold medal for being a crappy Dolphins fan??? After 30 years something to show for would be great:D
I've been an Oilers/Titans fan since '84, all I have to show for it is one losing trip to the Super Bowl and a 32-pt playoff collapse against Buffalo. Where's my medal?

Team was formed over 60 years ago, and has 0 Super Bowl appearances.

Owner packs up team and moves to another city in the middle of the night, 5 years later, that team wins the Super Bowl.

Owner fires legendary coach Paul Brown.

Red Right 88

'02 playoffs against nemesis Steelers

The helmet toss

Legendary RB retires in the prime of his career

The Fumble

The Drive (screw you Elway)

Sorry folks, I win.

Back
Top Bottom