California Speedway Demo / Rebuild

Rinse and repeat re: value of land. Damn....How do you have a presence in SoCal with land values skyrocketing? Will there ever be another track there? ****, I loved Auto Club. Took the fam to Disneyland....stayed there....and drove to Fontana daily for the events. So ****** fun. Was so proud to be there when they shut the old girl down. Freaking hurts.

I was at the 2013 Auto Club 400. What a race besides being half awake from the Monster Jam World Finals in Las Vegas. 🤷‍♂️
That was my first Toyota victory. I was high up at the exit of 4, and damn near went over the edge because I was going nuts. Greatest race for me in person really.....You had it all.....Logano being a ****** a**hole, Smoke with a great post race interview......Denny's deal scared the **** out of me though. Logano after the race...."...that's what he gets...." Class act. Damn, we will never see anything like that again there....Damn.

That was my first Toyota victory. I was high up at the exit of 4, and damn near went over the edge because I was going nuts. Greatest race for me in person really.....You had it all.....Logano being a ****** a**hole, Smoke with a great post race interview......Denny's deal scared the **** out of me though. Logano after the race...."...that's what he gets...." Class act. Damn, we will never see anything like that again there....Damn.

Yeah was sitting about Row 26 out of turn 4 maybe what you would call the “restart zone” these days for that. Fans were good not too drunk.

The fan midway was so awesome in 2013 as well.

Yeah was sitting about Row 26 out of turn 4 maybe what you would call the “restart zone” these days for that. Fans were good not too drunk.

The fan midway was so awesome in 2013 as well.
Hell yes....I was probably 10 rows above ya....think there was 36 or so....great midway.....awesome fans. Damn, I loved that place.

Please do not, cup cars should not be running on any track that is less than a half mile.

I don’t agree. They should have more HP, but they used to run short tracks all the time.

Fontana is a bit of a waste of time as a short track with how far it is outside the LA metro like another poster said. I think they would be better off like I said, trying Denver (Pikes Peak fix up?)/Seattle (Evergreen fix up?)/New Orleans or putting more money into Homestead-Miami even.

Wouldn’t hurt to have Trucks on a 3/8 mile with a couple competition cautions or stages as well.

(I will also premise that I wouldn’t want to see the LA Coliseum race moved around and I don’t want to see it oversaturated.)

I agree that la coliseum shouldn't be moved around. It should stay where it is as an exhibition race because the actual race sucks for cup. It should never be a points race. My local track is a 1/4 mile track and i love the racing there but I absolutely would not want to see cup cars running it.

I don’t agree. They should have more HP, but they used to run short tracks all the time.

Fontana is a bit of a waste of time as a short track with how far it is outside the LA metro like another poster said. I think they would be better off like I said, trying Denver (Pikes Peak fix up?)/Seattle (Evergreen fix up?)/New Orleans or putting more money into Homestead-Miami even.

Wouldn’t hurt to have Trucks on a 3/8 mile with a couple competition cautions or stages as well.

(I will also premise that I wouldn’t want to see the LA Coliseum race moved around and I don’t want to see it oversaturated.)
Always interesting to me when Seattle comes up.....Seattle is about as far from Evergreen Speedway as Fontana is from LA......

I think they would be better off like I said, trying Denver (Pikes Peak fix up?)/Seattle (Evergreen fix up?)/New Orleans or putting more money into Homestead-Miami even.
Always interesting to me when Seattle comes up.....
Always interesting when someone suggests 'they' fix something up without saying who 'they' is or where the money is coming from, or why 'fix ups' would increase the chances of the NASCAR / SMI duopoly sacrificing a race from one of their tracks.

Always interesting to me when Seattle comes up.....Seattle is about as far from Evergreen Speedway as Fontana is from LA......

Not everything has to be black and white 24/7 lol.

Is there an “LA Coliseum” in downtown Seattle?

Is Washington not good enough to deserve a race because I think Washington & Colorado deserve one.

I thought Pikes Peak has been done as a big league race facility for some time, like “they”-whoever sold it signed as part of the sale, couldn’t host big league racing anymore.

I thought Pikes Peak has been done as a big league race facility for some time, like “they”-whoever sold it signed as part of the sale, couldn’t host big league racing anymore.

Yeah there’s a non-disclosure agreement it seems, but money & business & fan interest talks just like North Wilkesboro. 🤷‍♂️ lol

They did host a USAC Silver Crown & SRL Southwest Tour race in 2013 & 2014.

Either way, I’d prefer they go back to Chicagoland and try this street concept at new markets with your argument being right.

Nascar has tried for years to build a track in the N.E. lol. But yeah, just drop one in there.

Nascar has tried for years to build a track in the N.E. lol. But yeah, just drop one in there.

NASCAR has plenty of tracks in the NE.

They are better off spending no money on Fontana and selling off the rest of the land and/or putting that money into proper renovations at Michigan, Homestead-Miami.

Eh, I don't think it is the end of the world. It's possible with a small track to have weekly races and events all year long. Not too many places in the lower part of California where you can put a track with out ruffling too many feathers.

Rereading this, I thought the new configuration was known when land started to be sold, now it’s unsure? Just little details are changed or “tbd” every time I see something new about this project. I’m seriously rooting for this track to survive and enter its second life as a short track, but I wish details were more transparent for my liking.

Rereading this, I thought the new configuration was known when land started to be sold, now it’s unsure? Just little details are changed or “tbd” every time I see something new about this project. I’m seriously rooting for this track to survive and enter its second life as a short track, but I wish details were more transparent for my liking.
I don’t think they ever actually confirmed any detailed configuration plans. The initial proposal they submitted to the county was published by the Athletic and is what most people are familiar with, but that was only a proposal and I think it was reported after some more time in the simulator that the exact configuration wouldn’t work. I think Dale talked about it on the DJD as well. They were planning on the existing frontstretch portion to retain its banking, but were having trouble with the cornering banking and transition to the backstretch (pit road), which was also tighter than anticipated since the Speedway wants to retain the existing pit road suites rather than knock them down and route the track back there.

I won’t hold my breath, but If they do build a short track at Fontana I will do everything in my power to attend as many races as possible. Saturday night under the lights would be awesome even though I would have to sacrifice a night of Slotcar racing. 🤠🤠

I won’t hold my breath, but If they do build a short track at Fontana I will do everything in my power to attend as many races as possible. Saturday night under the lights would be awesome. 🤠🤠
Hope it would be a Championship Finale for Cup, that would rock my socks off.

I don’t want to see them drop the race at the Coliseum. I enjoy watching that race on tv. But I do think NASCAR needs to open the pit area to spectators at tracks that teams work out of their haulers. That would probably bring me back to the Coliseum race.

I don’t want to see them drop the race at the Coliseum. I enjoy watching that race on tv. But I do think NASCAR needs to open the pit area to spectators at tracks that teams work out of their haulers. That would probably bring me back to the Coliseum race.
Yeah that would be a good idea. If you drag guys can rip a car all apart in the pits with the crowd watching, Nascar guys with their scissors trimming away the wrap after a scratch should be able to handle a few people watching.

But I do think NASCAR needs to open the pit area to spectators at tracks that teams work out of their haulers.
I think NASCAR Cup shouldn't be running where they have to work out of the haulers, but it's not for points (so far).

I think NASCAR Cup shouldn't be running where they have to work out of the haulers, but it's not for points (so far).
Why should they not race at tracks where they work out of their haulers? As long as the track is good, safe and they have enough seating for the fans I don’t see any problem with it.

Why should they not race at tracks where they work out of their haulers? As long as the track is good, safe and they have enough seating for the fans I don’t see any problem with it.
Because if there isn't enough room in the infield for garages, there isn't room for a pit road with a stall for each team. That means the track doesn't have room for a full 36-car field, that there won't be any green pit stops, and that the race distance will be limited to how far they can run on a single tank of gas.

That's fine for Saturday nights at East Bhumphuque Motorsports Park but I want more from a Cup race.

Because if there isn't enough room in the infield for garages, there isn't room for a pit road with a stall for each team. That means the track doesn't have room for a full 36-car field, that there won't be any green pit stops, and that the race distance will be limited to how far they can run on a single tank of gas.

That's fine for Saturday nights at East Bhumphuque Motorsports Park but I want more from a Cup race.
I hear you, but I loathe the whole pit stop thing. All of it. I don't give a **** about choreography, and pit lane speed limits--I don't pay money to see how slow they can go. I lose nothing at the Clash in terms of my enjoyment.

I think the 0.25 stadium track is good for NASCAR and it is one of few stadiums that can fit that track. I would hope the LA Coliseum can be a regular season race with a different stage format & they can spend that money or no money on a track somewhere else other than Fontana. The LA Coliseum race could be a lot better with increased stakes.

Bristol doesn’t have garages in the infield do they? I have been in there a few times but I don’t remember if they had them or not.

Bristol doesn’t have garages in the infield do they? I have been in there a few times but I don’t remember if they had them or not.
Pretty much wall to wall haulers.
1704432699896.jpeg

I don’t think they ever actually confirmed any detailed configuration plans. The initial proposal they submitted to the county was published by the Athletic and is what most people are familiar with, but that was only a proposal and I think it was reported after some more time in the simulator that the exact configuration wouldn’t work. I think Dale talked about it on the DJD as well. They were planning on the existing frontstretch portion to retain its banking, but were having trouble with the cornering banking and transition to the backstretch (pit road), which was also tighter than anticipated since the Speedway wants to retain the existing pit road suites rather than knock them down and route the track back there.
I thought I saw renderings of it or could swear I saw IRacing do a demo, the track was supposed to be a combo of Martinsville straights with Bristol turns/banking

well my memory betrays me I guess, this is all I could find

I thought I saw renderings of it or could swear I saw IRacing do a demo, the track was supposed to be a combo of Martinsville straights with Bristol turns/banking
Around the 7:30 mark in the opening segment he discussed how the simulations iRacing and NASCAR were working on showed that the corners were too tight because of the area they were trying to fit the track in.

Around the 7:30 mark in the opening segment he discussed how the simulations iRacing and NASCAR were working on showed that the corners were too tight because of the area they were trying to fit the track in.

funny with all the money that nascar has, they are thinking of building this dumbass track,just to save the infield grandstands.ive been in them ,not much there, you would think that they could just move them back.

funny with all the money that nascar has, they are thinking of building this dumbass track,just to save the infield grandstands.ive been in them ,not much there, you would think that they could just move them back.
I don't see any infield grandstands.
1704745950993.png

Back
Top Bottom