Can Ford win the 2017 MENCS title?

3wideinturn1

Team Owner
Stewart-Haas Racing + Team Penske = fast cars...I'm enjoying seeing all 3 manufacturers fast...Discuss

Talked to 48 fan the other day that said this points system and segments were just to get Logano a championship.

They better win it. My bold prediction for 2017 Cup Champ is driving one... ;)

I think Ford is the early favorites to win the manufacturers championship. 2/2 so far this year.

My guess is manufacturer fandom is not as big deal
with the newer crowd these days. But there was a solid allegiance
back in the 90's and before. I picked a Buick company car back
in the 80's just because of Bobby Allison.

IMO the bigger question is: WHO CARES?
A lot of people care. Not everyone, but many. Those who do care... fine. Those who don't care... move on. JMO.

Personally, I think Ford has a good shot this year. Obviously, it's still very early, but I'm encouraged that last year's lack of speed seems to have been overcome for the moment.

A lot of people care. Not everyone, but many. Those who do care... fine. Those who don't care... move on. JMO.

Personally, I think Ford has a good shot this year. Obviously, it's still very early, but I'm encouraged that last year's lack of speed seems to have been overcome for the moment.

It will be interesting. Toyota was 1/5 with the Daytona win after Auto Club last year. They didn't come to life until after Martinsville. Penske is good everywhere. Harvick is just as dominant as he has always been the last few years. Chevy goes as Hendrick goes, but Chip's boys were good this weekend. Great stuff.

Ford has won the first two races of the season for the first time since 2009. They're definitely off to a good start.

Dave Pericak is the real deal. Great respect for what he is doing, and always have tremendous respect for Doug Yates (and his Dad). Great for the storyline of the sport I appreciate the most.

It should be more of "the best team trophy" as if Penske switched to GM or Toyota they would perform similarly as SHR will in their switch from GM to Ford or HMS would from GM to Toyota. I see it as an "Emperor And His New Clothes" thing.

emperors_new_clothes.jpg

If it weren't for Chase and Larson running out of gas at Daytona, and Larson going high for no reason at Atlanta, Chevy would have the first two wins.
And they finished 2nd 4th and 5th

Just sayin, but the defending race winners of the next two weeks are both driving fords this year. I think the blue ovals could start off 4-0.

They started 9-0 in 1992, wonder if we could have an encore 25 years later?
I was thinking about that today. Wasn't it May before Chevy won a race then they went on a long streak of wins as well?

I was thinking about that today. Wasn't it May before Chevy won a race then they went on a long streak of wins as well?
Yeah, Chevy didn't win that year until Earnhardt won the Coke 600. Chevy only won 8 races total that year, although Pontiac and Olds won a handful too.

Didn't Earnhardt finish 12th in the points that year?
Yeah, it was an uncharacteristically bad year for him, the only year between '90 and '94 that he didn't win the championship. And that Coke 600 win was his only win that season.

And that Coke 600 win was his only win that season.

Thinkin’ after it was all said ‘n done he ‘fessed to fudgin’ on pit road speed.

The anti-3 crowd went sterile ‘n called for banishment.

Good to see nothing’s changed………………………….

Hail To The Redskins!

My 3 drivers I pull for are Dale Jr.,Brad Keselowski and Martin Truex.Each one has a different decal on the hood.With the present car they race they could put a Yugo decal on the hood and it would not make a difference to me.

It's hard to root for a manufacturer these days because the teams have no allegiance. The only ones who have stayed true are the Woods Brothers, Rousch and Hendricks. The rest go with who got the best deal, although I can't blame them for doing it. I'm a dyed in the wool Ford guy, the dye is fading tho.

Back
Top Bottom