Can Kenny Wallace win?

V

Vern Demerest

I say he can win with the right chemistry. Right now I think they need a crew chief change. I say get Booty back for Scott and move Frankey to the 23. What do you think?

I don't know if he can, It doesn't seem so. He really doesn't run well most of the time. I think if he was capable of winning he would have better finishes than he does. If I was him I would do the Bush Series where I know I have won before. I know EVERYONE wants to be with the best, but I would rather win than run crappy. thats just my thoughts if I was him.

I say get "Booty" back for Scott is a great idea. But.................. I'm not so certain about Kenny. It would seem with all his WC experience he'd run much better back in the Busch Series, but most of the time he's pretty much a mid packer there too.

I don't think he would win no matter who the crew cheif is. But stranger things have happen. After all didn't Derrick Cope win the Daytona 500 once. :D

He ran well for DEI last year in the 98 stacker 2 car and the pennzoil car as well as driving for Harvick when Nascar parked him he did good. He also finsihed 2nd to Dale Earnhardt at Talladega in 2000. Hes got a shot at winning a race he just needs to be on his A game that day.

Kenny Wallace is a driver who, like Michael Waltrip, got into the series through thier connections rather than talent.

Kenny has a great personality and that sells. This is what sponsors are looking for, someone with a positive attitude and sunny disposition. Kenny like Waltrip, has this attribute.

A look at the record shows Kenny to be a mediocre driver. He has had good team chemistry but has failed to produce.

Can he win ?? Possibly. All comparisons go toward Waltrip, who has wins in DEI equipment on restrictor plate tracks. Any driver could win under those circumstances, ergo, Kenny could win given the right combination, but then again, as mentioned, so could almost any driver in this series.

Originally posted by Whizzer@Nov 4 2003, 08:41 AM

Kenny has a great personality and that sells. This is what sponsors are looking for, someone with a positive attitude and sunny disposition.  Kenny like Waltrip, has this attribute.
I have to agree with you there. I would love to see Kenny win a race, but I don't think he has the talent for the Winston Cup Series maybe in the Busch Series, but not in the WCS.

Bravo Whizzer. You think exactly as I do about Kenny. I've been saying for a long time now that Kenny is no where near the driver that many people have been saying. Kenny came up with two other drivers, Bobby and Jeffy. Between the two of them, there is five titles and close to 80 wins. Kenny has zilch and he's been with plenty of quality teams to have a chance. His personality and name keep him where he is today.

I think he could win in the right equipment but then again...who couldnt...like Mikey (who by the way is still close to the Top 10 in points, something that cant be done by just finshing well and Tally and Daytona) if he could get in a situation that good then I think he could win. Kenny has a few second place finishes at Martinsville I think back when he was with Andy Petree.

Back
Top Bottom