Can we put the stickies back?

Maybe it's time to unpin the TV Links discussion. There's been nothing new in over 18 months.

Otherwise, it's a nice coat of new paint! It will be good to have a range of responses besides just 'Like'.

I just wish there was separation..... but I guess I'll get to used to it
Not sure if this helps you or not?

4d47253f955de450d41c2026fdf28081.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

^My eyes wont draw your red line no matter what I try lol.... I'll get used to it.

The 'Mark Forums Read?' button now does all forums with no option for the current forum only. It also redirects you to the top level of the forums from the one you were in.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
Looks great.

Time for me to send Fury a bit of cash for his effort on our behalf.

Didn't know the board was broke.

Too bad it had to be "fixed".
Very often software has to be upgraded or replaced because the vendor will no longer support older versions. Sometimes this is because newer versions are more secure and less vulnerable to attack. Sometimes this is because there are known problems that may not have troubled for all customers but need to be fixed before they do. And sometimes the existing versions are rendered obsolete because of upgrades to the operating systems that support them.

Believe me, even paid site and system admins don't pull the trigger on something like this just because it's a slow day and the fish aren't biting.

Very often software has to be upgraded or replaced because the vendor will no longer support older versions. Sometimes this is because newer versions are more secure and less vulnerable to attack. Sometimes this is because there are known problems that may not have troubled for all customers but need to be fixed before they do. And sometimes the existing versions are rendered obsolete because of upgrades to the operating systems that support them.

Believe me, even paid site and system admins don't pull the trigger on something like this just because it's a slow day and the fish aren't biting.

Like Windows 7. Man, I hate that went away, but I just had to go with Windows 10 and bite my tongue.

Like Windows 7. Man, I hate that went away, but I just had to go with Windows 10 and bite my tongue.
It's quite easy to use a Windows 7 with no threat of cyber attack.

First, turn off the WiFi, Bluetooth, and / or remove the cable from the network port. Open the BIOS and disable those communications devices, all the USB ports and any CD or DVD drives. If it's a desktop, crack the case and disconnect the cables from all those goodies too; better yet, just remove the ones you can. For what you can't disconnect, Gorilla Glue will do an excellent job of blocking.
Easy peasy, although it's not going to be of much use in 2020. :windows:

Company wide we just finished upgrading all W7 machines to W10; 200 of them at my site alone. Another 55 here were running applications that couldn't run on W10 computers. We had to set up a separate network for them and reconfigure the firewalls to let them access the info they needed from the rest of the network. I use the analogy that they were homeowners who wouldn't cut their grass, so we kicked them out of the gated community into the trailer park, but they're still allowed to use the pool once a month.

Last edited:
It's quite easy to use a Windows 7 with no threat of cyber attack.

First, turn off the WiFi, Bluetooth, and / or remove the cable from the network port. Open the BIOS and disable those communications devices, all the USB ports and any CD or DVD drives. If it's a desktop, crack the case and disconnect the cables from all those goodies too; better yet, just remove the ones you can. For what you can't disconnect, Gorilla Glue will do an excellent job of blocking.
Easy peasy, although it's not going to be of much use in 2020. :windows:

Company wide we just finished upgrading all W7 machines to W10; 200 of them at my site alone. Another 55 here were running applications that couldn't run on W10 computers. We had to set up a separate network for them and reconfigure the firewalls to let them access the info they needed from the rest of the network. I use the analogy that they were homeowners who wouldn't cut their grass, so we kicked them out of the gated community into the trailer park, but they're still allowed to use the pool once a month.
You are just a whole lot of help NOT! I already tried the no network, no updates test so I could play Spider Solitaire. I think I never should have done that last update. Anyways, I got 10 on a new laptop going somewhat the way I like. But it is soooo not an upgrade from 7.

The great thing about dementia is that I can't remember anything except what is going on in front of me including my computer. I never shut down my computer, just let it sleep. Now Microsoft has change and after awhile, they shut it down and refuse to accept the password. This means every time they shut down my computer, I have to change the password. Doctor says this is good brain exercise. :blink:

Thanks for the clarification.

Once I found the "Style Chooser" in the lower left corner I was able to select "Racing Forums XenForo Blue" and return the screen to what I am familiar with.

Pretty seamless changes
Thanks for the clarification.

Once I found the "Style Chooser" in the lower left corner I was able to select "Racing Forums XenForo Blue" and return the screen to what I am familiar with.
Thanks for the heads up. I switched from Whistler to XenForo also. Looks better to me. It looks like Fury is searching for more styles.

One thing I would like to see added is the ability to block certain threads.

Back
Top Bottom