Can 'Wild Man' win the Cup in 2003?

17_Fan

As much as I want Matt to be Winston Cup champion, I wonder if it isn't the Wild Man's year? After his engine trouble's, he's right back up front again.

The 'Wild Man' is Kurt Busch. It seems a name like that sticks with a driver if a lot of people refer to him as that. I remember Jeff Gordon refering to Kurt as that. I also remember a name that was given to Jeff by Dale Earnhardt that I always refer to Jeff as...Wonder Boy.

he could he was my pick before daytona!! But i think that Stweart and even (can't belive i am saying this) Jr could be a good shot to win teh cup as well as Matt

I think Kurt has a realistic shot at the title this year.I remember when Jeff refered to him as 'Wild-man'!A fitting description.

I think Bucsh has what it takes to win the championship. and I think he will win one or two, but I don't think it will be this year. But I have been wrong once, okay maybe twice before. ;) ^_^

I agree DeeDee, i don't think Busch will win this year , but a championship next year would be a good bet. I think Tony and JR will battle it out to the end with Sterling in the Mix too. :D

I would love to see it come down to Stewart and Marlin. Nothing better than your two favorites battling for the championship. But I am not ruling out Bobby just yet.

Kurt seems to have either a really good race, or he goes out early. He needs some more consistency and then I think he will have a good shot at winning, even this year. However, this year I think the best chances are Stewart and Kenseth. I also think Michael Waltrips team is coming together very nice, and I definitely think they will have a top 10 team this year, if not a top 5.

I am thinking Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch, Bobby Labonte, and Ryan Newman will all be fighting it out in the end!

Yeh Mikey is getting a lot more consistent...i'd love to see him win a championship... a top 5 in points surely wouldn't be out of the question if he continues racing for top 10s.

I think this might be Bobby Labonte's year.. or maybe Bucsh.. it will be one of those two.. although kenseth is makeing things interesting :D

As much as I don't like Kurt Busch. I thing he will make a strong run for the title.

If they solve the engine problems, 3/5 of Roush will be in title contention - Kenseth, Busch, and Martin. Stewart will make a run too, and you can't count out Newman. I don't think Bobby can jump from 16th to 1st in points in one year, and Mikey's never even finished higher than 12th in points, so while they both could finish in the top-10 in points, I don't see a championship for either of them.

Back
Top Bottom