Can you guess my age?

S

sgbg88

I know around some of the ages of the posters here but not alot of you. Tell you age by "Do you remember this"

Example:

I remember when you could buy 10oz glass bottles of pop, metal screw tops on them, oil came in paper cans that you opened with a can openner, and big hair was in with turned up collars!

Don't have to have the year I was born you can guess years that some of these fit. Jusr something fun, and I'm really bored right now!

sgbg88,
Hope I don't get into trouble, but I'll go with forty-something?????

Well, the big hair did it for me sgbg, gotta be the eighties! Still have flashbacks to Debbie Gibson and Junior High whenever I smell White Rain hairspray!

FlashBacks HH???
What else besides White Rain was you into?

:bawling: Walrus3 how could you! Big hair, turned up collars, that does not make me 40!

Happy Hour was right! 1990 was grad year and had big, big hair and used about enough hair spray to choke a horse!:p

Now let me hear from some of you. See how many we can offend or get right!

Should a just known ta keep my fingers to myself (off the keyboard). I know I won't ever work in the carnival. My humblest of apologies.....
I guess I remembered a lot of that stuff from earlier days.

I blesses my High School with my departure in 1977,On the last day of school I rode my go cart down thru all the hallways of school.I still got to graduate,But not without a Tony Stewart spanking.:D

PB,
You got to do what I thought about for years at my school, driving a go-cart through the hallways. From the first time I stepped into that place I thought it would be Kick Ass. The last day of my senior year a group of us took the vice principals MG TD and moved it from the parking lot to the foyer, and angled it so it couldn't be driven out.

My graduation was almost ruined by my future hubby. We had been dating almost 2 years and I wanted to get married right away. He told me I was getting something shiny and engraved for my grad present. I closed my eyes and he handed me a nice blue softball bat engraved with my name!:lazer: I was sooooo mad and disappointed I cried half the night. Of coarse he thought it was funny! Guess I didn't learn married him anyway 1 1/2 years later! By the way the bat was stolen at a game I played in later that year, can't say I was sorry!

Heck sgbg, my bangs were so big, I didn't need an awning when I went out in the rain!

Mine will be easy, big movies in high school were: Backdraft, Days of Thunder, and Point Break. Hot shoes where K Swiss and TreTorns. Cool car to have was a Honda Prelude or CRX, and the drink of choice (for girls) was Boones Farm and Mad Dogg 20/20.

HH,
Sorry, but I couldn't go through the humiliation of being so far off again. I'll say what my grandma always said when asked about her age, "As old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth."

Walrus,I had to pay for a Trophy case,I came around turn 6,And struck the case,And took out about 125.00 worth of wood.My pop made me pay every dime of it to the school,Funny how we laugh about it now.Sorta that is.:eek:

I'd say for HH would be early 90's and I loved those movies! I pulled my hair out on the sides and sprayed it then took hair dryer to make it stay. Was down my back with a spiral perm! Can't say I miss those days, took forever to dry!

Walrus 3 I really thought about it, but just couldn't do it. What didn't help was one of by best friends came up flashing her 1/5K diamond in my face. But I finally got my ring and it was 1/3K oval cut!

HeHe

I bought gas for 19.9 cents per gallon

I drank beer and soda that required an opener. Cokes were 6 cents each from the machines.

I drank colas that were called Three-Centa.

Crew cuts were the style for us.

The ladies weren't allowed to wear pants to school.

I didn't own a pair of socks that weren't white.

sgbg has it, I graduated High School in 92. That would make me 28.

when i was born reagan was president ill graduate in 2003 yall guys already know how old i am so this isnt hard. :)

Ok Hardscrabble, I going with the 1950's with your clues. Sounds like somethings my In-Law talk about. I would guess your age in the 50's. Hope I'm close!:)

Oh yeah, you're too close for comfort!!!:D

Most of the stuff I wrote was the late 50's and early 60's. Since I grew up in a small southern town, we were somewhat behind the times anyway.

Yep, will be 18 in February and will finially get out of high school around October this year. Only four classes short of being a full-year ahead.

Back
Top Bottom