Cannot place ad on eBay

Whizzer

Gig'em
I'm trying to place an ad on eBay and have everything filled in as requested but when clicking the "list" button, the message pops up, " invalid mileage. Enter valid mileage."

I had already entered the mileage, tried to resist leaving out the comma separating hundreds from thousands, used all "x" in lieu of mileage and placed mileage in body of ad. Still getting same message.

Trying to ge through to eBay is impossible but did go to their customer forum and the best answer received was to remove comma.

Anyone had to deal with this in the past? Any ideas from some of you computer geeks out there? Or non-geeks who mess with computers. I doubt my computer is the issue but just for esses and gees, it is an Apple.

Any thoughts pertaining to the above problem will be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU!!!!

I don't have a clue. Over the years I've sold quite a bit on eBay and never had a problem.

Delete your ad and back out of eBay. Shut your 'puter down, have a coffee, fire the 'puter back up and start all over again. PITA I know but sometimes a gremlin sneaks in.

Try clearing your browsers cache

Ken I think you said you already tried this correct?
Explorer
May 24, 2016 12:50:05 PM
You probably figured this out by now but I figured I would answer in case anyone on the internet comes across the same problem.

I had the exact same issue and all you have to do is make sure not to put a comma in your mileage value (33,000 ---> 33000)

And this is the other one that I saw.....

Click "save for later", clear your browser cache, and close your browser. Then reopen the browser, sign in again if necessary and open your draft vehicle listing. Try again to enter your vehicle mileage in the appropriate slot.

Here are steps already taken.
Removed comma from mileage number.
Placed mileage number, sans comma and ending with three "x" in place to the last three digits.
Entered no number, all x and listed mileage in body of ad.
Ad saved in draft folder, closed browser, reopened, nada.
Opened Chrome, re-entered entire ad from scratch, same result.
Getting frustrated, pissed and angry.
Not a good thing for a man my age to get cranky.

Clear your cache as Clutch said. I forgot to mention that. Start fresh, don't C&P the ad from your draft folder.
Wish I had more to offer, IIRC you use a Mac and I don't know much about them.

Issue resolved. Found a phone number to contact eBay. They placed ad and said the issue was to remove the comma. I had done that several times prior and it didn't make any difference. I won't argue with success and if they want to tell me it was because the comma was inserted, I'll go along. I just wanted to get the ad in there. I do appreciate the suggestions. Thank you1

Back
Top Bottom