car question

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by DanicaFreak, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

my check engine light came on in -26 C weather, and then went off when it warmed up. The truck seems to be louder at idle than it used to be,m stuttering under acceleration every so often. When you rev it it sounds the same as it always has...

would some ort of mass air flow sensor do this/ O2 sensor? Im thinking I need it checked, but wonder what you all think

2. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

That is 15 below zero Fahrenheit, I would call in sick. :D

DanicaFreak likes this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

It may have a cold.

DanicaFreak likes this.
  4. DanicaFreak

Not us canucks.

5. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Team Owner Contributor

Get it coded out and find out what the codes have to say

6. DanicaFreak

dammit....lol

7. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Hick

Cold weather makes cars do weird things. Mine have made some unworldly noises.

DanicaFreak likes this.
  8. DanicaFreak

turns out it was an "exhaust related code'. that exhaust pipe just behind the bumper had its bolts rusted right off and was allowing some fumes to escape, triggering the code. A couple new bolts and boom. quiet truck again.

kyle18fan and TexasRaceLady like this.
  9. DanicaFreak

It was funny TRL when he was zipping around my truck and getting the torch out to cut out rusted bolts....I thought of @BobbyFord and @kyle18fan he just seems to know cars. I asked him about it and he said "not the first time I saw this on a dodge!"

He used a set of clamps to the push the pipes together and listen for a change in tone of the exhaust. amazing in todays world of electronics sometimes simple gets the job done

10. Magnethead

Magnethead Admin & Resident Techie Staff Member

I was going to guess a code for "too cold too long". dodge trucks are notorious for setting that code from the large radiator area. Most trucks in northern climates usually come with a "winter front" behind the seat that will cover half the radiator.

Johali and DanicaFreak like this.