Careful Denny.....

Cut the **** with the "Chosen One" label.

They'll debrief over the race. TRD has a debrief and then each respected organization will talk. Denny and Bubba will talk about it in detail, all I saw was Denny screw up his own race being silly when he was the first car a lap down.

AND....if you scroll down you will see where Bubs blew off Jeff Gordon who was trying to get an interview pre-race? Wow, he’s big time now.....

AND....if you scroll down you will see where Bubs blew off Jeff Gordon who was trying to get an interview pre-race? Wow, he’s big time now.....
You mfkers will find anything to make the guy look bad.

Holy ****, its before the race and like anyone else is locked in.

Like seriously, find something more egregious before hand.

Cut the **** with the "Chosen One" label.

They'll debrief over the race. TRD has a debrief and then each respected organization will talk. Denny and Bubba will talk about it in detail, all I saw was Denny screw up his own race being silly when he was the first car a lap down.
Lol...yeah, he’s not the latest Danica when it comes to attention? 🙄

I didn’t even know the website Sportsbroadcasting.com existed until I clicked that link.

Noooo....he did a good job on his own with that little stunt.

Lol...yeah, he’s not the latest Danica when it comes to attention? 🙄
What are you talking about?

You think Bubba is begging for this? Do you actually know Bubba was on IG and even stated NASCAR was posting too much content related to him? The same DoorDash scheme was posted on the front, he posted "You guys know its the same scheme."

It's not his fault NASCAR is pushing him marketing wise. Like holy crap, if it bothers you that much stick to MRN broadcasts.

Took me a minute... I was already sharpening my pitchfork and lighting my torch because I thought he was beefing with Chase again for a second when I read the first post. 😆

Noooo....he did a good job on his own with that little stunt.
Nah, if someone is focused on the race let them focus on it. He obviously was not interested from the outset, he was focused on the race.

We're getting mad over nothing, like holy **** man.

Smart man. Gordon has the talent of a seventh grader in the booth. Terrible. Loved it. Bubba was locked in.

It’s a slow news day when there is nothing of worth to report.

Denny did get his karma though. The track doesn’t lie. Denny spouted off and then had a really bad day. Bubba ran up front, won stage points, and got shuffled at the end.

This sport needs some good driver vs driver drama but this aint it chief.

What are you talking about?

You think Bubba is begging for this? Do you actually know Bubba was on IG and even stated NASCAR was posting too much content related to him? The same DoorDash scheme was posted on the front, he posted "You guys know its the same scheme."

It's not his fault NASCAR is pushing him marketing wise. Like holy crap, if it bothers you that much stick to MRN broadcasts.
Oh please you know he's embracing it....the "noose" incident demonstrated that. Yes, it was a noose. But he did EVERTHING he could to make it a crime against him. Even when it was proven it was not.

As for the JG rebuff, just don't get that? Because it was Fox maybe? I'd think sponsors would not be too happy when he gets a chance to plug them and blows it off?

Reactions: sdj
Nah, if someone is focused on the race let them focus on it. He obviously was not interested from the outset, he was focused on the race.

We're getting mad over nothing, like holy **** man.
Who mad? Not me...I'm not resorting to the mature name calling of those I disagree with here? I just posted the story, didn't write it.

Are we sure it is the most reputable site on NASCAR coverage?
I believe DH's comments have been reported elsewhere. As to the Fox rebuff, I've not seen that anywhere else. I'm sure big media is afraid to appear to report anything that may put Bubs in a bad light....

Does Denny wanna talk about when he wasn’t a team player to Kyle in the same race? Or is that different because it’s Denny? Maybe Denny is just upset because Bubba actually tried to help himself over helping him. Awe poor baby Denny

Oh please you know he's embracing it....the "noose" incident demonstrated that. Yes, it was a noose. But he did EVERTHING he could to make it a crime against him. Even when it was proven it was not.

As for the JG rebuff, just don't get that? Because it was Fox maybe? I'd think sponsors would not be too happy when he gets a chance to plug them and blows it off?
He really didn’t though. I saw his interview on CNN. He said it was a noose which it was.

Leadership literally communicated that it was "Racial Crime" committed towards Bubba.

Bubba was going off of what was told to him, its not his fault leadership told him this. Of course, if I didn't know of what was going on I would be hurt as well. What message is that sending towards him at his home track in his home state?

That's disturbing in itself, he was hurt and didn't want all the attention from it. Bubba was literally thrust in the middle of it all, that I feel is synthetic. Like, he has enough pressure on his shoulders, let the man race and focus on his team and improve. NASCAR is doing their best to push Trackhouse and 23XI because of the figures behind the scene.

Leadership literally communicated that it was "Racial Crime" committed towards Bubba.

Bubba was going off of what was told to him, its not his fault leadership told him this. Of course, if I didn't know of what was going on I would be hurt as well. What message is that sending towards him at his home track in his home state?

That's disturbing in itself, he was hurt and didn't want all the attention from it. Bubba was literally thrust in the middle of it all, that I feel is synthetic. Like, he has enough pressure on his shoulders, let the man race and focus on his team and improve. NASCAR is doing their best to push Trackhouse and 23XI because of the figures behind the scene.
Initially, yes. And I agree he as well as everyone else can only go initially on what they are told. But after it's confirmed it was there at the race prior, he focused on the fact that someone dared to tie a garage door rope into a noose and that made him the victim. Expressly in that interview someone referred to above. If I remember correctly, he was frustrated that the interviewer was talking about how it was there WAY before and he kept railing on the fact it was a noose. I get the $ part of it, just don't respect the victim playing by done by sooooo many. It's a way of life for many these days and I have zero respect for it, no matter who they are.

I disagree he didn't want all the attention. He's reveled in it. Maybe he was thrust into it, but done all he can to keep the spotlight on him since.

Sounds like something resolved by a quick conversation within the team and manufacturer.

No one here made him look bad he made himself look bad. I pointed that out when he did it yesterday. I have always supported Bubba and still do and I gave him a pass on the child level water throwing incident even though I didn't like it... because I know how tempers can cause you to do things you normally wouldn't do. But yesterday he was being very disrespectful and he should show more class for his sponsors and his team owner Michael Jordan. I wonder how many fans jumped off of Bubbas ship and jumped on Elliott's ship after that incident yesterday. I would be very surprised if that move wasn't brought up in the Monday morning meeting. He is a professional and he should be able to handle a short chat from the booth before a race to entertain the fans. When you drive for high profile car owners like the King and Michael Jordan you have to be very careful how you act in public when the cameras are rolling. Bubba has a very good fan base and I don't want to see that ever change. That being said he did run a really good race yesterday and I hope and expect to see him in the winners circle soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat
I must have missed something. I don’t watch the pre race.
And yet you responded to me yesterday about it in the race thread. If you didn't see it then that might be why I didn't understand why you were talking about kids.

No one here made him look bad he made himself look bad. I pointed that out when he did it yesterday. I have always supported Bubba and still do and I gave him a pass on the child level water throwing incident even though I didn't like it... because I know how tempers can cause you to do things you normally wouldn't do. But yesterday he was being very disrespectful and he should show more class for his sponsors and his team owner Michael Jordan. I wonder how many fans jumped off of Bubbas ship and jumped on Elliott's ship after that incident yesterday. I would be very surprised if that move wasn't brought up in the Monday morning meeting. He is a professional and he should be able to handle a short chat from the booth before a race to entertain the fans. When you drive for high profile car owners like the King and Michael Jordan you have to be very careful how you act in public when the cameras are rolling. Bubba has a very good fan base and I don't want to see that ever change. That being said he did run a really good race yesterday and I hope and expect to see him in the winners circle soon.

Do we even know for sure he knew they was trying to talk to him? Or we just gonna assume he knew and said **** y’all? He had headphones on, so he likely had music playing and was not paying attention..

Do we even know for sure he knew they was trying to talk to him? Or we just gonna assume he knew and said **** y’all? He had headphones on, so he likely had music playing and was not paying attention..
From the article:
"During the NASCAR RaceDay show on Fox before Sunday’s race at Talladega, Chris Myers, Jeff Gordon, and Clint Bowyer stood on pit road as the camera and microphone traveled down pit road for prerace interviews.

First up was Wallace.

Wallace was wearing headphones and stood off by himself, away from his car and facing the grandstands, when the camera and mic approached.

“Yeah, Bubba, man,” Gordon opened as the driver turned and faced the camera like he was prepared to talk. “Can he hear us?” Bowyer immediately asked.
“You were so strong at Daytona, how about it, now? Talladega. This could be the day,” Gordon told him.
Wallace lifted his hand and inadvertently bumped the microphone in his face, then waved off the microphone and the interview.

“Ah, he’s focused,” Gordon said. “He’s got the music playing. He’s focused.”
“He didn’t like your question, Jeff,” Bowyer chimed in. "

I mean, who does that? I can see after a race when you want to collect yourself and not say anything dumb but....lighthearted interview before the race?
Just odd....

From the article:
"During the NASCAR RaceDay show on Fox before Sunday’s race at Talladega, Chris Myers, Jeff Gordon, and Clint Bowyer stood on pit road as the camera and microphone traveled down pit road for prerace interviews.

First up was Wallace.

Wallace was wearing headphones and stood off by himself, away from his car and facing the grandstands, when the camera and mic approached.

“Yeah, Bubba, man,” Gordon opened as the driver turned and faced the camera like he was prepared to talk. “Can he hear us?” Bowyer immediately asked.
“You were so strong at Daytona, how about it, now? Talladega. This could be the day,” Gordon told him.
Wallace lifted his hand and inadvertently bumped the microphone in his face, then waved off the microphone and the interview.

I mean, who does that? I can see after a race when you want to collect yourself and not say anything dumb but....lighthearted interview before the race?
Just odd....
First off, from this written article, it doesn’t even sound like the booth confirmed if they were connected to Bubba. He had headphones on, it’s stupid to approach someone with headphones on anyway. It’s a sign that they don’t want to be bothered. Secondly, I’m not sure you are too familiar with an athlete’s mindset before games or events. Atleast when I was playing college ball, I was pretty anti social the entire morning/day leading up to the game. I was thinking about situations all day and if someone other than a teammate or coach tried to talk to me, I really didn’t pay much attention.

I chalk this up to a communications error by Fox. This is such a non issue.

Umm...
Thought Id chime in on this matter. IMHO, bubba is feeling pressure from both his owners to just win, baby.
I remember when DP did similar things - It was written off as her being a b$!@*tch, but I feel she was feeling tons of pressure as well.

From the article:

First up was Wallace.

Just odd....

Okay

But are you ready to talk about Denny not being a team player yesterday also, or just wanna bitch about Bubba doing it?

First off, from this written article, it doesn’t even sound like the booth confirmed if they were connected to Bubba. He had headphones on, it’s stupid to approach someone with headphones on anyway. It’s a sign that they don’t want to be bothered. Secondly, I’m not sure you are too familiar with an athlete’s mindset before games or events. Atleast when I was playing college ball, I was pretty anti social the entire morning/day leading up to the game. I was thinking about situations all day and if someone other than a teammate or coach tried to talk to me, I really didn’t pay much attention.

I chalk this up to a communications error by Fox. This is such a non issue.
Ford 222 may not be, but after working with drivers, partying with drivers, eating with drivers, rooming with drivers, and driving to and from the track with drivers for more then 20 years I think I'm pretty familiar with the different mind set drivers can have. You playing college ball is apples and oranges to a professional race car driver. You were doing it for fun and they are paid a lot of money to perform on the track but also to represent their sponsors, team owners, racing series... and to entertain the fans themselves which is why they are interviewed in the first place.
All the networks have stuck mics in drivers faces while they were wearing headphones and usually the drivers take them off for a few seconds and then just put them right back on when they are finished. I have seen Bubba and many drivers joking and goofing around right before they get into the cars. I also realize that drivers can be in a bad mood for many reasons and not want to talk to anyone and that is why I try to stand up for them when a fan gets all bent out of shape if they couldn't get an autograph. It was just something a few of us noticed and no reason for his fans to get defensive... and you may be right and it may not be an issue... but, none of us actually knows for sure if this is a non issue unless we are in the shop meeting on Monday morning. I would have loved for you to have been able to sit in on some of the Monday morning meetings I had to sit through when I was a fly in when this exact thing was being discussed. I think you would be surprised at how many sponsors call the team headquarters if they see something they don't like or something they think may turn a fan against buying their product. I remember one team that banned anyone from wearing any type of music headphones while at the track. We were going to the final round and when the tv crew came to our pit to interview our driver and one of our crew members did the exact same thing when they asked him a question while he was working on the car and the sponsor saw it on tv and complained. I guess the team owner felt his 2 million dollar contract was more important then us wearing headphones. ;) One of the things I liked when I was driving the hauler instead of flying in was I got to miss those Monday morning meetings...and that is something I really didn't mind missing. Now to get back on topic...Denny sure screwed up a lot yesterday.:)

Ford 222 may not be, but after working with drivers, partying with drivers, eating with drivers, rooming with drivers, and driving to and from the track with drivers for more then 20 years I think I'm pretty familiar with the different mind set drivers can have. You playing college ball is apples and oranges to a professional race car driver. You were doing it for fun and they are paid a lot of money to perform on the track but also to represent their sponsors, team owners, racing series... and to entertain the fans themselves which is why they are interviewed in the first place.
All the networks have stuck mics in drivers faces while they were wearing headphones and usually the drivers take them off for a few seconds and then just put them right back on when they are finished. I have seen Bubba and many drivers joking and goofing around right before they get into the cars. I also realize that drivers can be in a bad mood for many reasons and not want to talk to anyone and that is why I try to stand up for them when a fan gets all bent out of shape if they couldn't get an autograph. It was just something a few of us noticed and no reason for his fans to get defensive... and you may be right and it may not be an issue... but, none of us actually knows for sure if this is a non issue unless we are in the shop meeting on Monday morning. I would have loved for you to have been able to sit in on some of the Monday morning meetings I had to sit through when I was a fly in when this exact thing was being discussed. I think you would be surprised at how many sponsors call the team headquarters if they see something they don't like or something they think may turn a fan against buying their product. I remember one team that banned anyone from wearing any type of music headphones while at the track. We were going to the final round and when the tv crew came to our pit to interview our driver and one of our crew members did the exact same thing when they asked him a question while he was working on the car and the sponsor saw it on tv and complained. I guess the team owner felt his 2 million dollar contract was more important then us wearing headphones. ;) One of the things I liked when I was driving the hauler instead of flying in was I got to miss those Monday morning meetings...and that is something I really didn't mind missing. Now to get back on topic...Denny sure screwed up a lot yesterday.:)
I appreciate the insight. While there are a lot more factors that go into professional sports versus playing for a university, the coaches and AD always instilled the professional player mindset. We werent paid to represent sponsors, but we were expected to represent the school. If someone unexpectedly came from behind me during pre-game warm ups and stuck a mic on a pole in my face, I’m not sure how I’d react. Usually if an interview was to happen, the reporter would notify us first and ask for our consent to speak on camera or into a recorder. Obviously that didn’t happen here and Bubba was in a totally different mindset than giving an interview. Maybe he’s got some issues with his family, love life, or team. Who knows. But I don’t think Bubba’s reaction warrants any kind of punishment. The network should have been smarter about how they conduct pre-race interviews IMO.

I
I appreciate the insight. While there are a lot more factors that go into professional sports versus playing for a university, the coaches and AD always instilled the professional player mindset. We werent paid to represent sponsors, but we were expected to represent the school. If someone unexpectedly came from behind me during pre-game warm ups and stuck a mic on a pole in my face, I’m not sure how I’d react. Usually if an interview was to happen, the reporter would notify us first and ask for our consent to speak on camera or into a recorder. Obviously that didn’t happen here and Bubba was in a totally different mindset than giving an interview. Maybe he’s got some issues with his family, love life, or team. Who knows. But I don’t think Bubba’s reaction warrants any kind of punishment. The network should have been smarter about how they conduct pre-race interviews IMO.
I agree 100%.

Back
Top Bottom