Careful Denny.....

I have never been driver-centric....really....but I love Bubba. Courageous at a very young age. I can't imagine how awesome it could be if his performance catches up to his persona. How many people did he inspire by talking openly about his depression? No way to count.....but some get all twisted up in a perception (or reality) that he shunned an attempt to ask a stupid question. Bubba has helped far more than he has hurt....in fact, I don't think that he has hurt anybody.
I don't think many people understand how depression works, clinically. "your making millions" "please..life is difficult".

While depression certainly can come from outside sources, it's absolutely an internalized experience. Depression isn't being sad, it isn't self loathing. It's feeling to heavy to get out of bed. It's feeling to insecure to talk to people. It's caring about what others think of you to the point where it effects your mood. It's you contemplating the meaning of existence. If life would be better without life. It's feeling ugly. It's feeling like you went through the worse break up of your entire life. For no reason whatsoever.

I've never suffered from depression, just some anxiety, but I've worked with plenty of people who are cripled by depression. If Bubba is getting help, and if he DOES have an actual diagnosis of depression, or any mood disorder for that matter, I cannot for the life of me phathom how difficult, triggering, and exhausting it is to be a country traveling race car driver, a public figure, etc.

I'm neutral on Bubba, but I admire his openness with his mental health struggles, and anyone who wants to marginalize that can go take a dump in a hat, and wear it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

:rolleyes:
Who doesn't deal with depression in some form or another? I doubt his depression had anything to do with blowing off the network.

I don't allow depression to affect my responsibilities.

FB fans? WTH does that mean?
Yeah, you have no clue what depression is, apparently, and are incredibly ignorant to mental illness.

Being sad, and having a hard time isn't what depression is

Please do me a favor and do not respond to me again. I will be blocking you, after I chime in on the discussion you two are having

Last edited:
Why aren't you asking the person that ascribed his behavior to depression? What I said applies to millions, not just a driver.
I'm not a clinician yet. But it's certainly on the docket within the next year. Come on man.

He inferred that Bub’s blowing off of TV and Jeff G was due to or in part due to an episode of depression. What else would you call that. Symptom = diagnosis of disease. He even went as far to defend it as an illness.

And I will comment on here on whatever I wish. Thanks for the advice though....
I appreciate Aunty defending me here.

Depression is mental illness. I did not make a diagnosis. Bubba has, on countless occasions, revealed his struggle with depression. He's been very open about his mental health struggles. This is what I am speaking to, from my own point of view.

Sorry everyone. Let's close this book and move on.

I appreciate Aunty defending me here.

Depression is mental illness. I did not make a diagnosis. Bubba has, on countless occasions, revealed his struggle with depression. He's been very open about his mental health struggles. This is what I am speaking to, from my own point of view.

Sorry everyone. Let's close this book and move on.

Please don't close the book, and don't block anybody. Educate. I get that some tire of the "Dr. Phil-esque" posts on a racing forum, but the masses seem to want this to be a driver-centric sport, and if that is the case, and we buy into who these people are, we take the good, the bad, and the ugly. Very much like issues of equity, silent enables the narrative of the ignorant and/or racist to persist.

The noose incident left him with a black eye that will take a long time to heal, if it ever does. If not for that he would be right up there with Chase in terms of popularity
A black eye to who? Not me. He didn't do it, and he didn't the conditions for the perception. We have a lot of work to do.

Yeah, you have no clue what depression is, apparently, and are incredibly ignorant to mental illness.

Being sad, and having a hard time isn't what depression is

Please do me a favor and do not respond to me again. I will be blocking you, after I chime in on the discussion you two are having

I guess you won’t see this, but yes, I know what depression is. I am on meds too like millions are I suspect. I don’t use it for a crutch for my dumassness. I own it And don’t use it for an excuse. When I mess up, I apologize and move one...it’s life. Like millions of others that don’t have millions of fans making excuses for me. Escitalipram if you need to know BTW....

A black eye to who? Not me. He didn't do it, and he didn't the conditions for the perception. We have a lot of work to do.
WE have no work to do....don’t speak for me.....if you have something you feel guilty of, it’s on you. Not me....

WE have no work to do....don’t speak for me.....if you have something you feel guilty of, it’s on you. Not me....
Oh no, man, it's WE. Thanks for the caps. Good point. WE will get there. I believe that. The promise of human potential is limitless.

1619965792043.jpeg

LMAO

NBC: *pushes divisive narrative*

Bubba: nah fam, that aint it chief.

NBC: *doubles down*

Bubba: still nope

This is why people need to talk to people instead of listening to corporate media. One thing happens and another thing is reported. If it bleeds, it leads. Glad Bubba is smart enough to not fall for that trap.

“To what do you attribute the ability to not see race first?”

uhh, how about not being a racist lmao? That dude is straight up implying that people in Bubba’s shoes should in fact see race first and that it should affect their ability to compete somehow. Which is implying that the color of your skin automatically makes you inferior, that you have zero self agency and that you need outside help from someone or some entity that knows what is better for you.

Man **** that noise. You have to be sick to push that idea on someone.

Last edited:
Cute doggies.
LMAO

This is why people need to talk to people instead of listening to corporate media. One thing happens and another thing is reported. If it bleeds, it leads. Glad Bubba is smart enough to not fall for that trap.

uhh, how about not being a racist lmao? That dude is straight up implying that people in Bubba’s shoes should in fact see race first and that it should affect their ability to compete somehow. Which is implying that the color of your skin automatically makes you inferior, that you have zero self agency and that you need outside help from someone or some entity that knows what is better for you.

Good for Bubba!

LMAO

Bubba winning will be huge for NASCAR. Not sure it happens this year though.

Wow, good for bubba from what I saw in that clip. I don't know who that interview guy is, but why is he trying to erase 50+ years of progress towards not seeing race first? Is that a narrative he thinks will help somehow or just trying to pit us against each other ?
Yes.

Reactions: Pat
I guess you won’t see this, but yes, I know what depression is. I am on meds too like millions are I suspect. I don’t use it for a crutch for my dumassness. I own it And don’t use it for an excuse. When I mess up, I apologize and move one...it’s life. Like millions of others that don’t have millions of fans making excuses for me. Escitalipram if you need to know BTW....

LOL thinking everyone deals with it the same.

I deal with depression as well and guess what? I have plenty of days where I’m standoffish because I just am not there mentally and don’t want to deal with people like that. So don’t judge it off YOUR own experience. Good for you that you can handle it better. Not everyone can

Wow....Go Bubba.......Haven’t seen the whole interview but thats exactly the attitude I want to see from everyone...regardless of race. Friggin media stirs it up and he tells it like it is. That’s right, recognize the assholes and don’t let them in your life.

Yea that's exactly how it should be treated just as Bubba did there, yet the vast majority of the media goes straight to race first when something happens. Whether that something is someone achieving something in sports or entertainment, getting hired, fired, not hired, not fired, you name it. I'm not a Bubba fan but I'll say he did a great job in that 90-second clip.

Reactions: Pat
LOL thinking everyone deals with it the same.

I deal with depression as well and guess what? I have plenty of days where I’m standoffish because I just am not there mentally and don’t want to deal with people like that. So don’t judge it off YOUR own experience. Good for you that you can handle it better. Not everyone can
Good point. I really didn’t consider that when I responded and you’re right, it and any mental illness affects people completely differently...

If he’s that low that he can’t speak to TV for 10 seconds that may need to rethink if he should be behind the wheel? Personally, I don’t believe it had anything to do with it. He had a bad moment...

Good point. I really didn’t consider that when I responded and you’re right, it and any mental illness affects people completely differently...

If he’s that low that he can’t speak to TV for 10 seconds that may need to rethink if he should be behind the wheel? Personally, I don’t believe it had anything to do with it. He had a bad moment...

Maybe he did, and yeah maybe he should’ve talked to them. But it is what it is at this point. Every driver does **** they shouldn’t from time to time. It happens. I’m still a fan of his abs hope nothing but success for him.

The look of astonishment and disappointment on the interviewer’s face when Bubba doesn’t comply with revisionist history is fantastic.
I wonder if the interviewer's "history" is different from Bubba's, and as such isn't really "revisionist" at all? I also wonder how those who have been critical of Bubba and what happened in Talladega last year see his perspective presented in this clip. I wonder about a lot of things.

I wonder if the interviewer's "history" is different from Bubba's, and as such isn't really "revisionist" at all? I also wonder how those who have been critical of Bubba and what happened in Talladega last year see his perspective presented in this clip. I wonder about a lot of things.
Anecdotal evidence is often not supported by overall data, which is why anecdotal evidence is not supported in our courts. It’s really dangerous to paint a broad societal brush based on case by case situations.

For what it’s worth, the revisionist part of the interview was “it’s safe to say NASCAR is a fairly white sport from drivers to crews to fans”. It’s presented like this is a negative. It’s also pretty insincere. The sport is full of employees and fans from many many varying backgrounds and cultures. Pit crews are full of former college and professional athletes. The shops are full of team members who’s backgrounds stretch across the country and globe. The spotlight is always on the drivers, and that’s only 35 people out of the hundreds of thousands that make the sport go round. It’s just a disingenuous way to lead an interview.

I can’t wait to view the entire piece.

Anecdotal evidence is often not supported by overall data, which is why anecdotal evidence is not supported in our courts. It’s really dangerous to paint a broad societal brush based on case by case situations.

For what it’s worth, the revisionist part of the interview was “it’s safe to say NASCAR is a fairly white sport from drivers to crews to fans”. It’s presented like this is a negative. It’s also pretty insincere. The sport is full of employees and fans from many many varying backgrounds and cultures. Pit crews are full of former college and professional athletes. The shops are full of team members who’s backgrounds stretch across the country and globe. The spotlight is always on the drivers, and that’s only 35 people out of the hundreds of thousands that make the sport go round. It’s just a disingenuous way to lead an interview.

I can’t wait to view the entire piece.
Sure took a long time for Wendell Scott to get his trophy.

Sure took a long time for Wendell Scott to get his trophy.
What does this have to do with the interview? This is a red herring argument.

Scott was issued his victory and monetary winnings, the only thing missing was his trophy after an hours long deliberation on the race’s scoring. Why he never got his trophy is up for debate, and it’s probable that there were bad feelings about his ethnicity and it’s also probable that it was an honest oversight and the priority was lost over time. Thankfully his family sought it out and rightfully received a well earned trophy, 60 years too late.

There was a wrong that was righted due to the progress made since then. I don’t believe that focusing in the wrongs of yesterday, that have since been rectified, is a way to show that we still have wrongs today. I believe in pointing to the wrongs of today and correcting them today, so that progress can be continued for the future.

So you are comparing NASCAR today to NASCAR when Scott ran? Have you been paying attention.?
Yes. Yes. Historical context....which sheds a more favorable light on NASCAR today....but certainly, more work to do.

I don’t believe that focusing in the wrongs of yesterday, that have since been rectified, is a way to show that we still have wrongs today.
It's the rectified part that concerns me. We could do this all day, and we should. The solution lives in the conversation....

Bubba was in the drive for diversity. It's the reason he is in the cup series.
I may be wrong but I also remember that part of the reason he lost his ride at KBM is because when his diversity money from nascar dried up he didn't have enough to keep the ride. (It was a long time ago, but I remember Kyle saying something about his future at KBM relied on getting diversity money from nascar)

Back
Top Bottom