Careful Denny.....

I may be wrong but I also remember that part of the reason he lost his ride at KBM is because when his diversity money from nascar dried up he didn't have enough to keep the ride. (It was a long time ago, but I remember Kyle saying something about his future at KBM relied on getting diversity money from nascar)
I think you are thinking about the revolving door of the TRD program...from Wiki

Wallace was previously a development driver in Toyota's driver development program where he drove part-time for Joe Gibbs Racing in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and full-time for Kyle Busch Motorsports in the Truck Series. He then moved over to Ford and their driver development program and competed full-time for Roush Fenway Racing in the Xfinity Series. After competing in select Cup Series races for Richard Petty Motorsports in their famous No. 43 as an injury replacement for Aric Almirola, Wallace became a full-time driver for RPM in the same car when Almirola left the team, which was his first full-time ride in the Cup Series.

Bubba talked about his leaving from JGR originally because he would have been limited to so many races on a part-time basis in the Xfinity Series.

So, he took what he had over to Roush and did not have the funding to keep the doors open for the 6 team mid 2017. He discussed it in detail on the DJD podcast.

Bubba talked about his leaving from JGR originally because he would have been limited to so many races on a part-time basis in the Xfinity Series.

So, he took what he had over to Roush and did not have the funding to keep the doors open for the 6 team mid 2017. He discussed it in detail on the DJD podcast.
Roush had a good xfinity program at the time with Buescher and Wallace doing the driving

Roush had a good xfinity program at the time with Buescher and Wallace doing the driving
Yeah they did, a shame to see that organization dissolve. Buescher and Wallace both were fun to watch in the series. 2017 had the potential to be a big season for Bubba, too. He was on the verge of breaking through that season, it would have been cool to see how his development would have panned out there.

Everything happens for a reason though.

Yeah they did, a shame to see that organization dissolve. Buescher and Wallace both were fun to watch in the series. 2017 had the potential to be a big season for Bubba, too. He was on the verge of breaking through that season, it would have been cool to see how his development would have panned out there.

Everything happens for a reason though.
I believe he was third in the standings until the doors shuttered in the middle of the season. He was then shoved over to RPM to fill in for an injured Almirola, secured that as a full time ride and rode that wave until he was picked up by 23XI.

popcorn-muncher.gif

NASCAR has been driving diversity for years.
So much so that not until 1 year ago did it occur to the sanctioning body that maybe the Confederate flag should be banned? Don't get me wrong, I love the direction NASCAR is heading, but...wait for it...we have work to do. Come on man.

So much so that not until 1 year ago did it occur to the sanctioning body that maybe the Confederate flag should be banned? Don't get me wrong, I love the direction NASCAR is heading, but...wait for it...we have work to do. Come on man.
Banning the flag from properties they dont own? I assure you every track on the schedule has had them (that includes out west, up north) and I guarantee you the majority of them who did fly the flag are not racists. Come on man back at ya

Oh no, man, it's WE. Thanks for the caps. Good point. WE will get there. I believe that. The promise of human potential is limitless.
Sorry but whatever you feel you need to atone for doesn’t include me. Don’t include me in whatever you and yours have done.

Reactions: sdj
Banning the flag from properties they dont own? I assure you every track on the schedule has had them (that includes out west, up north) and I guarantee you the majority of them who did fly the flag are not racists. Come on man back at ya
You can go ahead and fly your flag in your front yard, just don't try it at a Nascar event ;)

I live in the north and no tracks I have been to fly the confederate flag or have in the 40 years I have been going to them. And nascar did not "ban" flags at properties they didn't own, they just said if you fly them we won't race at your track. The tracks then banned the flags. Not sure how anyone can argue that the flag is not racist. Blows my mind that people are that clueless.

We could do this all day. Was my flag point representative of the work left to do, or an invitation to discuss the historical significance of the Confederate flag? You know the answer. Regardless of who flies that flag, I guarantee you that they all know what emotion it invokes. Ignoring that is an issue....and....here it comes...WE have more work to do. Your turn, and then let's be done. The work is ongoing.

I live in the north and no tracks I have been to fly the confederate flag or have in the 40 years I have been going to them. And nascar did not "ban" flags at properties they didn't own, they just said if you fly them we won't race at your track. The tracks then banned the flags. Not sure how anyone can argue that the flag is not racist. Blows my mind that people are that clueless.
Also, no one is saying the people flying it are racist.

It's the history of the flag and what it represents that does, not to mention NASCAR is trying to detach itself from glorifying that point. Which a lot of people glorify four years from a failed attempt at the South being its own entity.

I don't care for the flag and what it represents, however racing is more of a family thing anyways. Like I feel at home anywhere, were all there for the same purpose.

Sorry but whatever you feel you need to atone for doesn’t include me. Don’t include me in whatever you and yours have done.
Spare me the passive/aggressive one up stuff. This is too important. WE are in this together...whether you like it or not. More work to do.

You can go ahead and fly your flag in your front yard, just don't try it at a Nascar event ;)
Yeah, you can, but understanding what it means to many....why would you? This is the problem.

Spare me the passive/aggressive one up stuff. This is too important. WE are in this together...whether you like it or not. More work to do.
This is social media...everything said is passive aggressive. 🙄 All keyboard warriors to an extent.

So get to work on your atonement and good luck!

I'm not clueless and I ve seen them when I was racing at Loudon and Cali bud.

We could do this all day. Was my flag point representative of the work left to do, or an invitation to discuss the historical significance of the Confederate flag? You know the answer. Regardless of who flies that flag, I guarantee you that they all know what emotion it invokes. Ignoring that is an issue....and....here it comes...WE have more work to do. Your turn, and then let's be done. The work is ongoing.
I dont have any work to be done. Not a racist bone in my body

Another thing, reading comp 101 for ya, I was saying NASCAR cant ban flags at properties they dont own. Slow down a little when you read.

Another thing, reading comp 101 for ya, I was saying NASCAR cant ban flags at properties they dont own. Slow down a little when you read.
speaking of, the OP (Rev) post #168 never said anything about banning the flags on property they didn't own...you did. Go back and read it.

speaking of, the OP (Rev) post #168 never said anything about banning the flags on property they didn't own...you did. Go back and read it.
No you go back and read it. Try context. He said not until a year ago they considered a ban, my response was basically saying they cant ban stuff not on their property

No you go back and read it. Try context. He said not until a year ago they considered a ban, my response was basically saying they cant ban stuff not on their property
I understand you are never wrong. But as I said the op never mentioned the flag flying on non Nascar properties..but you did

I understand you are never wrong. But as I said the op never mentioned the flag flying on non Nascar properties..but you did
I tried to explain it to you but I guess it still doesnt register. We were talking about diversity and I mentioned NASCAR had been driving it for years then HE brought up the point that they didnt do anything about the flag until a year ago. Now heres context... are you ready? Stay with me, then I said NASCAR cant ban flags not on their property, meaning they cant do it all alone the other tracks they don't own have to participate.

Stick to yota bashing, you are king of the road there.

I tried to explain it to you but I guess it still doesnt register. We were talking about diversity and I mentioned NASCAR had been driving it for years then HE brought up the point that they didnt do anything about the flag until a year ago. Now heres context... are you ready? Stay with me, then I said NASCAR cant ban flags not on their property, meaning they cant do it all alone the other tracks they don't own have to participate.

Stick to yota bashing, you are king of the road there.
I've read it all Bud. I'll agree to disagree.

Its pretty easy to do when you dont hang around them.
I know you get what I mean. So, like I said, we are good here. Appreciate the exchange. Conversation is essential.

Back
Top Bottom