Carpenter To Make History At Chicagoland

W

wlfyk62

Wednesday Sep 03, 2003

Infiniti Pro Series standout Ed Carpenter will make history at Chicagoland Speedway when he competes in the Infiniti Pro Series Chicagoland 100 on Sept. 6 and makes his IRL IndyCar TM Series debut in the Delphi Indy 300 on Sept. 7.

No driver has competed in both Indy Racing League series on the same race weekend.

Carpenter, 22, from Indianapolis, will drive the No. 18 PDM Racing Dallara/Chevrolet/Firestone in the Delphi Indy 300.

“I am very excited about the opportunity to run at Chicagoland Speedway,” Carpenter said. “It will be my first IndyCar Series race, and I hope it is the first of many. I have worked hard at becoming an IndyCar Series driver, and the next step is just around the corner.”

Carpenter, who won the inaugural Freedom 100 Infiniti Pro Series race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in May, is fourth in the Pro Series point standings with 263 points. Rookie Mark Taylor leads the standings with 364.

“I hope to get back on the podium in the Pro Series race after having a couple rough races in the past few events,” Carpenter said. “For the IndyCar (Series) race, I am just looking forward to the opportunity and want to learn as much as possible in my first start.”

Paul Diatlovich, owner of PDM Racing, announced on Sept. 2 that the team had secured Metabolife, one of the world’s leading dietary supplement companies, as a primary sponsor for the Chicagoland event.

“Our team, along with our driver Ed Carpenter, are extremely proud to represent Metabolife,” Diatlovich said. “Metabolife has done so many remarkable things for so many people, and we hope to build upon their existing success.”

The Delphi Indy 300 will be broadcast live at 2 p.m. (EDT) Sept. 7 on ABC-TV and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Network. The Chicagoland 100 will be broadcast at 4 p.m. (EDT) Sept. 11 on ESPN2

Good to see another rookie come into the series. Hope he isnt cursed with the Pro Series curse of being slow and crashes alot like the last graduate, AJ Foyt 4.

Sure does help when your uncle is the owner of the IRL!!

It is good to see more young americans gettign a shot in the IRL. To bad its with a limited team that has not run since Indy.
Should be fun to watch

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Sep 5 2003, 05:03 PM
Sure does help when your uncle is the owner of the IRL!!

Sorry Ed is Tony's step-son!

Really, I did not know that. Well family relation and/or millions in sponsers will get you a ride anywhere I guess...

Back
Top Bottom