CARS Tour (2023)

Rain now at Hickory and closing in on Richmond. Richmond may be able to get it in after a this passes, not to wide of a storm and moving fast

Hickory Speedway looks like it did in the 70's lol.
I took a preachers daughter to see a BGN race at Hickory on a Saturday night Easter weekend 1989.

Jimmy Spencer won it, he got into it with leader Dale Jarrett late in the race and DJ was as pissed off as I have ever seen him. Dale Earnhardt ran that race but he missed the set up and finished a few laps down.

Robert Presley was diving a Brad Daugherty car early in his BGN career. He didn't win but he made one the most incredible moves I ever saw. He spun out just before the flag with the lead pack somewhere between three and four racing back to the caution flag. Presley wanted to stay on the lead lap. He nailed the throttle or gas going head on toward the pack and did a perfect 180 hook slide to attempt beating the lead car to the flag. It was one of the most brilliant and insane things I ever saw. That is probably a really nerdy thing to recall but it just something I thankfully will remember for the rest of my life.

The preachers daughter was leery about rough crowds at the race track. I told her no worries this was a BGN race.
- But the guys behind us smoked a joint, I know that smell. I have followed racing all of my life and attended an infinite number. That was the first time anything like that ever happened around me at a race track, when I had the pretty little preachers daughter with me. She hated racing the whole time we were together.

Then the same crowd took the souienver flags away from the challenged guy that was selling them. The police made them give them back....

That's what pisses me off about Hickory. They haven't spent a dime on that place. I've been to abandoned tracks in better shape than Hickory.
Thats exactly what I meant, it's awful. I havent walked through that gate in 20 years and it looks the same. I would hate to see the restrooms and where they cook the food

Thats exactly what I meant, it's awful. I havent walked through that gate in 20 years and it looks the same. I would hate to see the restrooms and where they cook the food
I don't think I've ever eaten at Hickory and I hold my piss and **** in until I get to Sheetz.

I love Hickory. The racing is always incredible. But it's the worst facility I've ever been to.

I don't think I've ever eaten at Hickory and I hold my piss and **** in until I get to Sheetz.

I love Hickory. The racing is always incredible. But it's the worst facility I've ever been to.
Last time I was there we had to go engines silent for a funeral. Thats not a slam on them but an indication of how close the graveyard is

Hey Andy, I'm going to Martinsville for the late model race, do you know if there will be a driver scanner sheet available?

Hey Andy, I'm going to Martinsville for the late model race, do you know if there will be a driver scanner sheet available?
Racing Electronics is usually set up in the pits. I know they had the OTA programming thing set up at North Wilkesboro last fall.

There's a group on Facebook that usually has scanner frequencies for big Late Model races. Shoot me a friend request and I'll add you to it.

She shows a ton of respect to other competitors out there.
She does but as a spotter I just cant understand why she kept getting trapped on the bottom and when she got a run on the car in front she gave them to much room, you have to teach her to take the line away

I love Tri County but I’d like to see the track surface develop some grip before this series goes back.

That was entertaining, but it wasn’t good.

It's my turn! WAHOO!!!!

374650029_254171204260169_72636684267368122_n.jpg

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Im just now watching the Cars Tour race after some college football and all can say is....... what a joke. They look like they are running 45 mph. This isn't a race, no wonder you can count the number of fans in the stands with your hands and toes.

Im gonna fast forward to the end, I imagine they will go balls out the last 40 laps but even if, what a pathetic display for this tour.Never run this track again

Im gonna fast forward to the end, I imagine they will go balls out the last 40 laps but even if, what a pathetic display for this tour.

The overwhelming consensus on Facebook today was that it was the best race of the year.

That race played out much like Myrtle Beach races used to, which makes sense considering New River is often called a smaller Myrtle Beach. I LOVE Florence, but the CARS Tour race there in March looked much the same.

The shootout at the end was absolutely epic.

no wonder you can count the number of fans in the stands with your hands and toes.

Also, the iPhone Crap Apps were calling for a 70-90% chance of rain.

Never run this track again

Prepare for disappointment. 🤷‍♂️

The overwhelming consensus on Facebook today was that it was the best race of the year.

That race played out much like Myrtle Beach races used to, which makes sense considering New River is often called a smaller Myrtle Beach. I LOVE Florence, but the CARS Tour race there in March looked much the same.

The shootout at the end was absolutely epic.

Also, the iPhone Crap Apps were calling for a 70-90% chance of rain.

Prepare for disappointment. 🤷‍♂️

I admire your support for Jacksonville but I could have taken my passenger car and went to the front.I had no idea that track was so worn out and Like I said I would imagine they would go balls out at the end but the beginning was underwhelming,boring as hell to me. I don't get disappointed, I just want watch that crap again

I admire your support for Jacksonville but I could have taken my passenger car and went to the front.I had no idea that track was so worn out and Like I said I would imagine they would go balls out at the end but the beginning was underwhelming,boring as hell to me. I don't get disappointed, I just want watch that crap again
The same way I feel about Florence’s CARS Tour race, take away the competition cautions and it’ll look different.

The Myrtle Beach 400 was always fun because of the comers and goers. If there isn’t a late race caution, that “Superman” strategy of driving away might work. As Conner Jones did last night prior to the caution.

Franklin County, Florence and Jacksonville are my favorite tracks. Not to mention, as of late, those are the only three tracks that don’t cancel half their races for rain.

I’m hoping Granite Falls has a nice, long, cold, snowy, icy winter so that track can get some age on it.

I love Tri County but the CARS Tour races, since the repave, have been pure carnage.

The same way I feel about Florence’s CARS Tour race, take away the competition cautions and it’ll look different.

The Myrtle Beach 400 was always fun because of the comers and goers. If there isn’t a late race caution, that “Superman” strategy of driving away might work. As Conner Jones did last night prior to the caution.

Franklin County, Florence and Jacksonville are my favorite tracks. Not to mention, as of late, those are the only three tracks that don’t cancel half their races for rain.
Florence needs some investment. Compared to our dirt tracks in NW Ohio it's in serious disrepair

Back
Top Bottom