CART Outlines New “Strategic Plan”

N

NateDogg

As outlined yesterday at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (click here for story), CART released a statement this morning outlining its plan to “explore strategic alternatives,” which may include sale of the company. The statement read as follows:

“The company's management strongly believes in the long-range future of the company. However, in light of the near-term financial challenges facing the company, the company has retained the investment banking firm of Bear Stearns & Company, Inc. to assist us in exploring strategic alternatives that may be available to CART, including a possible sale of the company. There cannot be any assurance that this process will result in any transaction or as to the terms and conditions of any transaction that may be proposed to or pursued by the company.

]Full Story

I think they are in trouble! If they don't get any backers CART might be gone before the end of 04. Which IMO is not a bad thing :D

I guess it wouldn't be for you crapwagon fans :dual9mm:
I still find it hard to believe that the irl even has fans that actually watch that ****!

It was just a joke!!!! But yes I am an IRL fan and think its better than NASCAR right now,. I still like CART because its racing, not much passing but racign is racing and I am a Racign Fan! Not just a one series fan!

One reason why the split has not been resolved is becasue fans of both series have been saying negitive things towards the others such as the "crapwagon" term. IF fans from both sides would just cool it some and regard the other series in the way they do F1, or NASCAR then there would be less arguing and more peopel watchign the other series, which ever that is in the persons case, CART or IRL!

Contrary to the implication, I'll watch just about any racing as long as it is not the irl...................

I would like to see a "FAN" owned race league. No matter what you like, IRL, CART, F1, NASCAR, GRAND AM/ROLEX, wouldn't it be a loss to lose a league? I believe the answer is yes. It would not just be CART you are losing but all the leagues that lead up to cart as well.

So I wonder what it would take to get a FAN owned league. GREEN BAY did it.....

Bruceman

Back
Top Bottom