Chad Knaus To Jimmie Johnson: Damage Car In Case Of Talladega Win

Jimmie on Race Hub said they had to change spots. Last night's race hub I think.

Yes sir that was last night, although he did not say it overheated he did say they HAD to change spots. I also got the impression he meant that ruined their chances for a run to the front.

Jimmie on Race Hub said they had to change spots. Last night's race hub I think.

I heard the same thing. The cars overheat long before water starts streaming out of the valve. The gauge said it was time to switch, so they had to switch. But on that last 2 lap run, wasn't Jr pushing?

you mean this part?

Though officials might be steamed at Knaus, it might be difficult for NASCAR to issue a penalty in this situation. While Knaus may have intended for Johnson to wreck the back of the car had the 48 team won the race, nothing ever actually happened. NASCAR will likely tell Knaus it's not happy with his intentions, however.(SB Nation)(10-27-2011)

This is what SB nation wrote, in comment on what Tharp said. Which was already said.

And if there was a penalty, Tharp would have said so. Whomever wrote that, is a mr obvious. Let's state the obvious again JIM!!!

I wonder if they will send him to his room without dinner? Maybe take his cell phone away so he can't talk to Jimmie?

How about actions detrimental to stock car racing?

This brush has such a broad stroke Cheater Knaus could find himself sitting out the rest of the season.

This brush has such a broad stroke Cheater Knaus could find himself sitting out the rest of the season.

Well unless they can PROVE that he peformed actions detrimental to stock car racing (and no the radio chat doesn't count), then they don't have a case. If they inspected Jimmie's car after the race, they may have found something, but it's too late to do anything now.

Nothing will happen to Chad. JJ didn't win the race or even get a good finish so what's the point of punishing him? Anyone else think it was just an accident when Biffle backed his car into the wall at Dover after winning? This kind of thing happens.

Newman made a comment on Twitter a few years ago and he got fined. If I remember correctly, Kahne had the same thing happen to him.

Like I said, that broad brush could paint Knaus into a corner...

Nothing will happen to Chad. JJ didn't win the race or even get a good finish so what's the point of punishing him? Anyone else think it was just an accident when Biffle backed his car into the wall at Dover after winning? This kind of thing happens.

You mean someone has done things like this beside JJ and Chad?!?!? WELL I NEVER! :sarcasm:

Stewart Fan is exactly right, this kind of stuff happens, and it happens way more than we will EVER know....

Well unless they can PROVE that he peformed actions detrimental to stock car racing (and no the radio chat doesn't count), then they don't have a case. If they inspected Jimmie's car after the race, they may have found something, but it's too late to do anything now.

They would probably say that Chad's actions in what he said to Johnson were detrimental to stock car racing.

WOW, you are misinformed sir. I was listening to their radios the whole race. Yes, Jimmie did get something on his grill right at the end of the race, but it never actually overheated they were just concerned that it "might."

For the MISINFORMED

mmie Johnson’s hopes for a sixth title took a big hit at Talladega Sunday. And for the first time Johnson himself may have come to the realization that a sixth consecutive title may be out of reach.

Coming in as one of the favorites, Johnson was hoping to make up the points he lost the week prior after a late race crash at Charlotte.

It was not to be. After starting second Johnson, who was teamed up with Dale Earnhardt Jr., and using a prerace strategy, dropped to the back of the pack to ride out the race after briefly appearing in the lead. For Johnson, the only nervous part of his day came on lap 163 when Johnson’s Chevy was clipped by Andy Lally who was spinning. Johnson’s team was able to repair the damage and continue on.

From there the highest place Johnson and Earnhardt came was 15th. In the final three laps Johnson and Earnhardt were never able to make their way towards the front; Johnson finished the day 26th with Earnhardt finishing just ahead in 25th.
Advertisement

‘”We planned our strategy like we had hoped to,” Johnson said. “And on that last restart at the end; we had some issues with my car overheating. That last caution that came out I got some trash and grass and stuff on the grill of the car. We were out of sequence the way we were lined up. I was going to push Junior and I had to be in the lead the way we had the debris on the grill. And then as we went to make our switch, the pack was organized and with the green-white-checkered situation, there’s not a lot of time to get organized and we lost our momentum there and got to the outside and kind of stalled out up on the top and finished far worse than we had hoped to.”

But does a 50 point deficit spell the end of Johnson’s pursuit of a sixth consecutive title?

Maybe not.

Johnson did move up a spot in the standings and while he came in 35 points back and leaves 36 points back, it isn’t the first time he has overcome adversity. While no driver has ever come back to win the title in the last four races if they are outside the top five this is the first year under NASCAR’s new, closer, points system. The 50-point deficit roughly translates to a 41-point deficit under the old system. In 2006, Johnson made up a 146-point deficit with five races remaining to win his first championship. In 2007, he scored four consecutive victories with five races to go. He knows how succeed when faced with adversity so while Johnson may be down, he’s certainly not out, yet.

Johnson however doesn’t seem so sure and talked about the realization that his title hunt for this year may be over.

“We’ve just got to keep fighting and keep working on getting every point we can at every race,” Johnson said. “We have no clue what’s going to happen to all the Chase drivers and I want to finish as high as I possibly can in the Chase. That does mean the championship. If it’s not there, I want to finish as high as I possibly can.”

http://www.examiner.com/nascar-in-n...ave-given-up-on-a-sixth-title-after-talladega

For the MISINFORMED

mmie Johnson’s hopes for a sixth title took a big hit at Talladega Sunday. And for the first time Johnson himself may have come to the realization that a sixth consecutive title may be out of reach.

Coming in as one of the favorites, Johnson was hoping to make up the points he lost the week prior after a late race crash at Charlotte.

It was not to be. After starting second Johnson, who was teamed up with Dale Earnhardt Jr., and using a prerace strategy, dropped to the back of the pack to ride out the race after briefly appearing in the lead. For Johnson, the only nervous part of his day came on lap 163 when Johnson’s Chevy was clipped by Andy Lally who was spinning. Johnson’s team was able to repair the damage and continue on.

From there the highest place Johnson and Earnhardt came was 15th. In the final three laps Johnson and Earnhardt were never able to make their way towards the front; Johnson finished the day 26th with Earnhardt finishing just ahead in 25th.
Advertisement

‘”We planned our strategy like we had hoped to,” Johnson said. “And on that last restart at the end; we had some issues with my car overheating. That last caution that came out I got some trash and grass and stuff on the grill of the car. We were out of sequence the way we were lined up. I was going to push Junior and I had to be in the lead the way we had the debris on the grill. And then as we went to make our switch, the pack was organized and with the green-white-checkered situation, there’s not a lot of time to get organized and we lost our momentum there and got to the outside and kind of stalled out up on the top and finished far worse than we had hoped to.”

But does a 50 point deficit spell the end of Johnson’s pursuit of a sixth consecutive title?

Maybe not.

Johnson did move up a spot in the standings and while he came in 35 points back and leaves 36 points back, it isn’t the first time he has overcome adversity. While no driver has ever come back to win the title in the last four races if they are outside the top five this is the first year under NASCAR’s new, closer, points system. The 50-point deficit roughly translates to a 41-point deficit under the old system. In 2006, Johnson made up a 146-point deficit with five races remaining to win his first championship. In 2007, he scored four consecutive victories with five races to go. He knows how succeed when faced with adversity so while Johnson may be down, he’s certainly not out, yet.

Johnson however doesn’t seem so sure and talked about the realization that his title hunt for this year may be over.

“We’ve just got to keep fighting and keep working on getting every point we can at every race,” Johnson said. “We have no clue what’s going to happen to all the Chase drivers and I want to finish as high as I possibly can in the Chase. That does mean the championship. If it’s not there, I want to finish as high as I possibly can.”

http://www.examiner.com/nascar-in-n...ave-given-up-on-a-sixth-title-after-talladega

Yeah I know all that. Why don't you post what his water temp was right before the last green. I heard him say it. So what was it?

Yeah I know all that. Why don't you post what his water temp was right before the last green. I heard him say it. So what was it?

”We planned our strategy like we had hoped to,” Johnson said. “And on that last restart at the end; we had some issues with my car overheating. That last caution that came out I got some trash and grass and stuff on the grill of the car. We were out of sequence the way we were lined up. I was going to push Junior and I had to be in the lead the way we had the debris on the grill. And then as we went to make our switch, the pack was organized and with the green-white-checkered situation, there’s not a lot of time to get organized and we lost our momentum there and got to the outside and kind of stalled out up on the top and finished far worse than we had hoped to.”

And he also said this so that makes him a damm lier but I already knew that

UPDATE 2: NASCAR met with Chad Knaus Friday morning and Martinsville and then released the following statement: "We had the opportunity to visit with Chad and Jimmie this morning in Martinsville. As the sport's governing body we were doing our due diligence to look into this and gain some insight into the comments Chad made before the race at Talladega. We have a responsibility to the rest of the garage area to ensure that everyone is competing on a level playing field with the inspection processes we have in place. The 48 organization knows that from this occurrence that their car is likely to be a regular customer at the R&D Center for post race inspection the balance of this season."(10-28-2011)

The 48 organization knows that from this occurrence that their car is likely to be a regular customer at the R&D Center for post race inspection the balance of this season.

Checkmate. Stick the fork in.....

The 48 organization knows that from this occurrence that their car is likely to be a regular customer at the R&D Center for post race inspection the balance of this season."(10-28-2011)

Heheheheheheehheeheheehehee :D

What could they penalize him for? He was just effen with the competition. And brilliantly, I might add, cause it sure as hell worked!

What could they penalize him for? He was just effen with the competition. And brilliantly, I might add, cause it sure as hell worked!

I'd have to agree with this. Chad is playing mind games, and it's working like a charm.

What's odd is Chad looks at the camera twice, and stares at it. He also could have told JJ long before the race or over the teams private channel. He may have been playing mind games with Jack Roush, who is a huge fan of any kind of conspiracy theory anyone will come up with.

Otherwise, Chad 'super-anal' Knause has lost his touch.

How so? His car is all but out of the points batlle......

That's very true - but if the competition is wondering about what the 48 is gonna do, it may take focus away from their own efforts - which might be all Jimmie needs to regain his "advantage". Chadski is brilliant!

For the life of me I can't figure out HOW Chad is messing anyone's head except maybe Nascar :confused:

Are there statements or interviews with other chase drivers that I'm missing?

no.

But, you can get in peoples heads when you makes them thinks yous is cheatin

Biggest thing he's accomplished is haveing NASCAR and everyone else scrutinize his car even more so than normal...........WAIT I got it! Maybe their gonna start putting the Cheater stuff in Junyers car and the 48 is just a distraction tactic? Hmmmmm Does Jr still have a chance to Win one this decade???

Back
Top Bottom