Champ Car Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport

A

ajk112802

Race is today, 1pm EDT on CBS. One of my favorites over the years simply because it's run at an airport, a unique idea these days.
Bourdais has the pole, no real surprise there the rest of the line up is here:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Results/StartingLineup.asp?Combined=1&ID=1712

I find it interesting that Bobby Rahal is still keeping his ties with Champ Car by having his son race there although his own team is in IRL

Also, I know Paul Tracy hates Tony George because of the Indy 500 fiasco a few years ago (I think he won it, too!) but I still wish he had made the jump to IRL. He was so fun to watch drive in his heyday and now it seems like so much of a waste...

BIG Congrats to my man Paul Tracy :whoopee:
Won in typical PT fashion with aggressive-but-impressive driving skills. So glad to see him win again! :beerbang:

Race is today, 1pm EDT on CBS. One of my favorites over the years simply because it's run at an airport, a unique idea these days.
Bourdais has the pole, no real surprise there the rest of the line up is here:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Results/StartingLineup.asp?Combined=1&ID=1712

I find it interesting that Bobby Rahal is still keeping his ties with Champ Car by having his son race there although his own team is in IRL

Also, I know Paul Tracy hates Tony George because of the Indy 500 fiasco a few years ago (I think he won it, too!) but I still wish he had made the jump to IRL. He was so fun to watch drive in his heyday and now it seems like so much of a waste...

Maybe Rahal is using the Champcars as a proving grounds for his son in preperation for a move to IRL somewhere down the road.

nah

I really can't understand how racing in Champ Car could help you do well in the IRL. The IRL is mostly an OVAL racing series and Champ Car only races on street tracks, airports, and road tracks. The two series have nothing really in common anymore except for the fact that they use to be one series a long time ago.

If anything he using Champ Car as way to get his son ether In F1 or he feels like Champ Car will be more successful 5 years down the road then the IRL.

a photo of the Cleveland Airport track.

4ukitrm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom