Charlotte Bonehead

Nascar has a rule that you can't get out of your car and assault other drivers. That is probably Section 4.3A. This rule was put in place because drivers like Tony were throwing helmets, safety equipment etc at drivers rolling by under caution. Now they just shoot them the bird. They don't get out of the car under caution and run over and assault another driver.

NASCAR chief operating officer Steve O’Donnell told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio that the penalty is specific to “what took place on the race track. When we look at how that incident occurred, in our minds it was really a dangerous act. We thought that was intentional and put other competitors at risk. As we look at the sport and where we are, we thought that definitely crossed the line.”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/10/18/bubba-wallace-suspended-one-race-by-nascar/

NASCAR has ALREADY said Bubba was suspended for the on-track incident. If they let Chase Elliott slide, it'll draw two narratives:

1.) NASCAR again showing favoritism toward Chase Elliott because MPD.
2.) NASCAR suspended a black man for something and let a white man do the same.

All NASCAR had to do was say they suspended Bubba for both incidents, not just the on-track retaliation. Because now they've set a precedent.
To expand on #1, if a driver gets suspended for hooking an HMS driver but an HMS driver gets off scot free for doing basically the same thing, it’s not a great look.

And #2 is an even worse look.

NASCAR chief operating officer Steve O’Donnell told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio that the penalty is specific to “what took place on the race track. When we look at how that incident occurred, in our minds it was really a dangerous act. We thought that was intentional and put other competitors at risk. As we look at the sport and where we are, we thought that definitely crossed the line.”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/10/18/bubba-wallace-suspended-one-race-by-nascar/
The whole thing I posted in post #31. There is a lot more to it than that paragraph. But as usual, you believe what you want to believe, I'm not into the drama.

This doesn't tell the story at all though. It's a screenshot Chase fans are sharing to prove he did nothing wrong.

The video and SMT data doesn't lie. Chase was already moving down to wreck Hamlin before the contact from Brad Keselowski.

I dont like that chase isnt owning up to it.

Smart PR move, and it might ultimately be the reason Chase Elliott races next week. If he keeps denying it and there's just enough doubt, NASCAR might have to let him off scot-free.
makes him seem like a child. Im sorry @AwesomeBill18 hes not his father thats for sure....

makes him seem like a child. Im sorry @AwesomeBill18 hes not his father thats for sure....
He has to wait until punishment to own it. I don't like it either, but this is the sandbox NASCAR has established with their pimp slapping Denny for admitting it. I'm sure they're backroom deals going on right now to minimize this and navigate the PR nightmare for all parties (NASCAR, HMS, Elliott)

makes him seem like a child. Im sorry AwesomeBill18 hes not his father thats for sure....

No, it makes him seem like a smart person who is well aware of the added consequences by admitting intent. Look at the recent precedent NASCAR has set by penalizing anyone who comes out and says it. Why should Chase make that mistake? To prove how much of a "man" he is? This isn't church or a courtroom. You gotta play the game. Whether he says it was on purpose or plays dumb changes absolutely nothing other than the harshness of the penalty.

But it may ultimately be the reason he races next week, or doesn't even get penalized at all.

That said, Bubba didn't own up to it until after he was suspended either.

No, it makes him seem like a smart person who is well aware of the added consequences by admitting intent. Look at the recent precedent NASCAR has set by penalizing anyone who comes out and says it. Why should Chase make that mistake? To prove how much of a "man" he is? This isn't church or a courtroom. You gotta play the game. Whether he says it was on purpose or plays dumb changes absolutely nothing other than the harshness of the penalty.
True - but lets hope he and hamiln talk and tell the truth to each other. Otherwise it could come into play during the playoofsd....and the gerbils will certainl;y hype the crap of it up

True - but lets hope he and hamiln talk and tell the truth to each other. Otherwise it could come into play during the playoofsd....and the gerbils will certainl;y hype the crap of it up

They both know the truth whether they talk or not. No different than Kenseth saying he had a tire going down while plowing into Logano. Nobody believes it, and they don't expect anyone to believe it.

Any penalty should be 100% based on what NASCAR sees on the track, and they can easily verify whatever they want with the data. Use your eyes and your brain to interpret intent. It shouldn't matter what the hell the drivers say.

Show me a driver who will admit to doing that, and I’ll show you a driver who I wouldn’t want racing for me. Like it’s been said, you have to deny it, even if everyone and their mother knows that you did it, because then it’s that little bit of wiggle room where now NASCAR might let you get away with it. If you say “yeah I was trying to send him a message so I wrecked him.” Then, yeah at that point NASCAR has no choice but to suspend you.

With all the disdain and gnashing of teeth over this, one good thing came out of it. Hambone was out of the race, couldn't happen to a better guy.

Chase, like Kenseth on Lagono, Chase had finally had enough of the arrogant whiny SOB.

The whole deal with Hamlin was bone headed on multiple levels. Yeah, as much as I dislike Denny, you don't hook someone in the RR at those speeds no matter what. And if you're going to retaliate, don't take yourself out in the process! You gotta be more methodical instead of letting a knee jerk reaction ruin your day and possibly hurt someone. That was bad form and bad strategy. Chase is usually really good at keeping a cool head and planning an appropriate method of revenge, so yesterday was a big disappointment.

Oh well. Life goes on.
Everyone has that **** around and find out bone in their body. We see it with all of these guys at one point or another and it comes in different forms. Unfortunate that it happened the way it did but when you're reacting out of emotion in a split second environment, there's no time for judgement. Only reflection afterwards. And I'm sure he'll do just that.

NASCAR has ALREADY said Bubba was suspended for the on-track incident. If they let Chase Elliott slide, it'll draw two narratives:

"AGAIN" lol. I really don't feel like spending the time on this but you're really about to make me go back and find every time he and that team have been penalized over the years. Hell they sent his ass to the back of the 2020 championship race.

It's a completely false narrative.

Everyone has that **** around and find out bone in their body. We see it with all of these guys at one point or another and it comes in different forms. Unfortunate that it happened the way it did but when you're reacting out of emotion in a split second environment, there's no time for judgement. Only reflection afterwards. And I'm sure he'll do just that.
My gut feeling is that he has had an absolute crap last 10 months or so in the sport (mostly of his own doing) and reached that snapping point. I'd also welcome opinions from other 9 fans who listen to the scanner every week in regards to payback. It seems that Alan really goads him into payback at times and Eddie even will subtly hint (basically helping him get it if he wants while remaining deniable to NASCAR). Do you think there's been some closed door conversations over the past couple years about not letting people push him around, etc and yesterday was finally when his temper blew up in the heat of the moment? I'm reaching at straws here, but I swear there's a small bit of truth in that idea.

2.) NASCAR suspended a black man for something and let a white man do the same.

All NASCAR had to do was say they suspended Bubba for both incidents, not just the on-track retaliation. Because now they've set a precedent.

You just had to bring in the race card, it's always the race card when Bubba is involved. I look at it as 2 Nascar Drivers had a pissing match, nothing more.

My gut feeling is that he has had an absolute crap last 10 months or so in the sport (mostly of his own doing) and reached that snapping point. I'd also welcome opinions from other 9 fans who listen to the scanner every week in regards to payback. It seems that Alan really goads him into payback at times and Eddie even will subtly hint (basically helping him get it if he wants while remaining deniable to NASCAR). Do you think there's been some closed door conversations over the past couple years about not letting people push him around, etc and yesterday was finally when his temper blew up in the heat of the moment? I'm reaching at straws here, but I swear there's a small bit of truth in that idea.
I don't think it's far fetched, I'd probably pin it more on the stuff that happened last season as the straw that broke the camel's back. And it could also just be his natural arc as a person and as a competitor. He's still super super young, we tend to forget that. I think we've even seen him change in a big way with just how he treats the media with certain questions.

I don't think it's far fetched, I'd probably pin it more on the stuff that happened last season as the straw that broke the camel's back. And it could also just be his natural arc as a person and as a competitor. He's still super super young, we tend to forget that. I think we've even seen him change in a big way with just how he treats the media with certain questions.
Last sentence.

A few weeks ago he was really sassy during prerace media. It was good. ..
You wonder if he's gonna burn out at some point

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chase Elliott hands down. Yes, Hamlin was running him up against the wall over and over again, but that's no reason to hook a guy and send him into the wall at 140mph+.

Almirola is close second

This is why he’s a mediocre pay driver. He’s soft as baby ****.

I didn't see Bubba race him dirty yesterday. I saw Bubba race him hard but clean. Maybe Bubba thought Aric was holding him up so that's why he flipped him off after passing him.

Idk about almirola, if you shoot a man the bird it can/does come with consequence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1685561319979.png

Back
Top Bottom