Charlotte Pre-Race Thread

Question for the membership: does anyone get days off on B-list holidays other than government agencies and financial institutions?

Where I work, we get:
Good Friday
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Thanksgiving (2 days)
Christmas (2 days)
New Year's Eve and Day (2 days. The two most wasted holidays on the calendar. We just had four days off within the last five weeks (Thanksgiving and Christmas). Move one of those two days to the holiday deserts between Christmas and Easter, and the other between Labor Day and Turkey Day).

No MLK Day, no Presidents Day, no Columbus Day (honoring a guy who didn't know where he was and 'found' something others found hundreds and thousands of years before), no Veterans Day, no Confederate Memorial Day (let's not get why this merits a separate day, please).
Christmas Day is all my employer recognizes as a holiday

If NASCAR aims for a start time right at 5 PM, we can have a chance of getting the race in without worrying about weather.

Enough of this “Start at 6 PM but actually take the green flag at 6:45 PM“ with weather on the radar.

Theres no fans. Theres no need for the pre-race pleasantries. Fire the cars up, line em up and go.

Staying optimistic that we get the race in today. My location had an 80% of storms yesterday and we didn't even get a shower, let alone a storm.

The current forecast on weather.com says the highest chance for rain is in the 4-6pm range so we're likely looking at a delayed start. Then the chance of rain picks up again around 9pm. If these end up being accurate then we're looking at a late night.

The current forecast on weather.com says the highest chance for rain is in the 4-6pm range so we're likely looking at a delayed start. Then the chance of rain picks up again around 9pm. If these end up being accurate then we're looking at a late night.
Looking at the accuweather app:

4PM 51%
5PM 19%
6PM 15%
7PM 19%
8PM 52%

I will stay up as late as it takes to get this thing in. :cheers:

Veterans Day is a Fed holiday, this year it falls on a Wednesday. AFAIK most states recognize and observe it. Banks, post offices, most state and municipalities are shut down.

I do not want to hear about halfway it’s official talk. For some reason it really torques me off when they start that. It’s as if that’s all that is important.

Doesn't say much about Suarez and the #96 when Yeley can turn a faster lap with a flat left rear.

Last edited:
Of course it was the 9 on his warm up lap when that happened, who else lol

Actually, Mike, the #43 paint is based on an A-10, not a P-40.
These too
20200524_143822.jpg

Brain fart by Almirola. Shouldn't have started that lap.

EDIT: Never mind; he went to the garage.

So far the race hasn't started yet and Dibenitedo and Almirola messing up. Track is going to be slick and treacherous it looks like

The whole deal with mandatory masks seems weird while they are sharing items and equipment.

Hope they leave their hands off their face.

Back
Top Bottom