Charlotte RACE thread --- The 600

Fun watching fans saying Brad "steals" wins on restarts yet ignoring dumb ass calls by a veteran crew chief

Every single time a young guy is gonna win they get screwed by a late yellow, and one of Logano, Denny, Brad takes it lol. I honestly am not even that mad chase lost the race I'm more mad how atrociously bad this package tonight was. If this is what we're gonna have week to week the sport is dead

Good for Brad. This race was dung.

Chase got ******. Bowman leads the most laps and ends up 20th cause of restart *******. I hate this **** sometimes.
I'm frustrated about that also but I think because the 88 lost 6 spots on the last pit stop and then had to race pretty hard to get his track position back and also had to race Byron pretty hard for a lap just used up his tires. It sucks but that's racing. I really thought HMS had a good shot for one of their cars to win and the other 3 finish in the top 5 for a while there.

Chase got all the way back to third. Car was on a rail.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that Jimmie Johnson breaks his winless streak this year. With all of HMS running at full song it's only a matter time before he gets win number 84.

Every single time a young guy is gonna win they get screwed by a late yellow, and one of Logano, Denny, Brad takes it lol. I honestly am not even that mad chase lost the race I'm more mad how atrociously bad this package tonight was. If this is what we're gonna have week to week the sport is dead
:XXROFL:

I'm frustrated about that also but I think because the 88 lost 6 spots on the last pit stop and then had to race pretty hard to get his track position back and also had to race Byron pretty hard for a lap just used up his tires. It sucks but that's racing. I really thought HMS had a good shot for one of their cars to win and the other 3 in the top 5 for a while there.
I think they were all in the top 7 or 8 until Byron's tire blew, they had the race won..it's coming. Something happened to Bowman's car on the last restart. I think he was 3rd or 4th but he fell bacl like a rock. He probably will post what happened

That's been the story in racing since racing began.

That's been the story in racing since racing began.

A package where literally whoever gets clean air is physically impossible to pass? Strange, I don't remember gimmicky slot car racing back when Pearson and Petty were running

So if Alan had Chase stay out and everyone came in for tires would we all still be mad at Alan? In my view it was a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.
This. Either way you’re screwed. Part of the plague on this sport that is the green-white-checkered.

2 winning was all about the rules, but the rules have been there and you make your choices, roll the dice. That said I am happy the 2 won. I thought the 48 might have a chance, and that would have been very nice. As a Ford guy I liked the results.

So if Alan had Chase stay out and everyone came in for tires would we all still be mad at Alan? In my view it was a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.
Did you even watch Alex Bowman, Joey Logano and Matty D on worn tires gap the leaders who were on fresh tires? Unless Chase spins the tires or gets ****** dumped again there is a legit chance he gets the holeshot and hangs on to win.

Alan made the call based on their last restart where they werent in clean air and weren't in the preferred lane and got dusted to 18th. Straight up bone head.

Brad’s first win with Miller Lite on the car since Talladega Fall 2017 (Won with Miller Genuine Draft at Darlington)

Bummed for the 9 and his fans, and even more so that Jimmie couldn't avenge HMS. They can't hang their heads too much, though. This was a day that will go down as marking their return to the fore. Every one of their cars looked competitive.

21 changes for the lead, with 11 different leaders.
Yeah to be fair the Gen 6 package that is seen as the most popular, which is 2014’s, had 34 lead changes. Most of today’s lead changes were from pit stop cycles, not racing for position.

Yeah to be fair the Gen 6 package that is seen as the most popular, which is 2014’s, had 34 lead changes. Most of today’s lead changes were from pit stop cycles, not racing for position.
They should have bottled up 2014’s package and kept it for the entire Gen 6 run. Best season in the last 10 years for a lot

Right? I just don’t understand the bleeding heart sobbing over Jimmie. Dude has 83 wins and 7 titles. I think he’ll live.

Can always play the relative gave. I’m sure the drive home to his mansion will be a real sad one for Chase.

Losing sucks regardless.

1590382166082.png

Being a Chase fan is so damn difficult
I hear you... Try being a fan of all of the HMS teams and see how hard it is. I'm stunned right now. But, I'm also hopeful the luck will turn around soon.:)

Did you even watch Alex Bowman, Joey Logano and Matty D on worn tires gap the leaders who were on fresh tires? Unless Chase spins the tires or gets ****** dumped again there is a legit chance he gets the holeshot and hangs on to win.

Alan made the call based on their last restart where they werent in clean air and weren't in the preferred lane and got dusted to 18th. Straight up bone head.
I just think the 9 bunch were screwed whatever Alan decided, if he made the call based on the restart you detailed above, I can’t fault his logic. I wouldn’t make a race winning call on the when’s and were’s like your statement...The fact is Chase did get dusted when they stayed out. Also happened to someone else in that same restart I can’t remember. If the call was to stay out, I can’t wager 100% that Chase would have held off Brad on the GWC, not based on Chases abilities but based on we don’t know how the car would have fared on the restart. I would hope we agree, the yellow flag was the worst possible outcome to happen to Chase.

I hear you... Try being a fan of all of the HMS teams and see how hard it is. I'm stunned right now. But, I'm also hopeful the luck will turn around soon.:)
It looked tragic for Bowman, but he won so many stage points he didn't lose his third place position and is only 2 points from second after the dust cleared.

It looked tragic for Bowman, but he won so many stage points he didn't lose his third place position and is only 2 points from second after the dust cleared.
I thought he was in second coming in and if he would have held his position he could have been in the lead since Harvick had such a bad night. Maybe I was wrong. Anyway this is like Vegas where he ran good all day and was set for a good finish and then within the last 2 laps something caused him to end up with a terrible finish. At least the 9 team got a good finish and moved up the points ladder and the 48 did good also so that makes me feel a little better.

I thought he was in second coming in and if he would have held his position he could have been in the lead since Harvick had such a bad night. Maybe I was wrong. Anyway this is like Vegas where he ran good all day and was set for a good finish and then within the last 2 laps something caused him to end up with a terrible finish. At least the 9 team got a good finish and moved up the points ladder and the 48 did good also so that makes me feel a little better.
Nope third coming in. He won two stages for 20 points and finished in 19th and kept his 3rd spot

Nope third coming in. He won two stages for 20 points and finished in 19th and kept his 3rd spot
Now that I think about it, he was in second after his California win. You are right it was third coming into this race.

Back
Top Bottom