Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
Thought I heard Chase was going to stay in the BUSCH series for another year. Run a few select cup races.
KK's contract could be bought out.
SHR is full,,for now. Danica and Kurt,,who knows?
Why can't JRM field a cup car IN 2016?

Thought I heard Chase was going to stay in the BUSCH series for another year. Run a few select cup races.
KK's contract could be bought out.
SHR is full,,for now. Danica and Kurt,,who knows?
Why can't JRM field a cup car IN 2016?
He is going to be in the Xfinity Series next season but supposedly moving up the following year.

I'm thinking that HMS calls an emergency meeting with 4-time, 6-time, Jr & KK at the conclusion of the 2015 season. He invites them all to step into a small room that contains only three chairs and a set of speakers hanging from the wall playing Frank Sinatra's, 'I Did It My Way'. The music stops. Well, you know the rest. Who's left standing?

I'm thinking that HMS calls an emergency meeting with 4-time, 6-time, Jr & KK at the conclusion of the 2015 season. He invites them all to step into a small room that contains only three chairs and a set of speakers hanging from the wall playing Frank Sinatra's, 'I Did It My Way'. The music stops. Well, you know the rest. Who's left standing?
What the hell did you put in that coffee this morning? :confused: :p

Lot's of things could happen.

Jeff Gordon could retire after next year, Elliott to the 24 (Possibly reflagged as the 9)
Kurt convicted of DV, Elliott to the 41 until Gordon / Jr retire
Smoke quits and focuses on being an owner, Elliott to the 14 until Gordon / Jr retire
Nobody retires, Kahne gets "bought out" goes to the 10, Elliott to the 5.

@jeff_gluck

.@JimmieJohnson (contract up after next year) said he hopes to re-sign soon and has no plans to retire or give up the 48 car.

Chase will go to SHR 41 car. driver will be in jail. Don't laugh could happen.

If things go south for Kurt Busch, maybe Chase drives the 41 until a spot opens up at Hendrick? Just throwing ideas out there.

I still say that HMS does it just like they did when they moved Kahne over originally. HMS will get him a ride for a year or so before they bring him under roof. Ganassi is my guess.

I wonder how long it is before we know what Rick Hendrick already knows. He obviously has some sort of plan that none of us or anybody else can figure out. It'll be fun to watch this play out.

As much as I like Danica she may be out at SHR after 2015 unless she shows improvement. Kasey could move over there or if she stays Kurt might be out with all if the issues he has right now

I would not rule out the possibility of Chase getting the 10 car from SHR after 3 miserable years from Danica. Of course if go daddy is just willing to throw money down a drain for ever that may not happen.

I was really expecting Chase to replace Kasey after next season with the real Hendrick team, with Kasey being moved to a associated team if Hendrick kept him at all. I was actually kind of expecting Kasey to end up at Roush, possibly to replace the underperforming Stenhouse.

I would not rule out the possibility of Chase getting the 10 car from SHR after 3 miserable years from Danica. Of course if go daddy is just willing to throw money down a drain for ever that may not happen.
The CEO of GoDaddy is pretty much in love with Danica. That will play into her favor.

I wonder how long it is before we know what Rick Hendrick already knows. He obviously has some sort of plan that none of us or anybody else can figure out. It'll be fun to watch this play out.
Remember Rick said the inn was full, no room for JR. next thing you know you have the 88 team.

Kasey won't be bought out for Chase if that was happening they would of just let the contract expire like it would of after 2015 not resign him for 3 more years.

Chase is only 18, let him tear up nationwide for another year or two. He'll be fine

No reason in keeping him in the Nationwide series, typically guys who get back to back championships in the Nationwide haven't done to well. As long as he has a top 10-12 ride, he should take any opportunity he has.

No reason in keeping him in the Nationwide series, typically guys who get back to back championships in the Nationwide haven't done to well. As long as he has a top 10-12 ride, he should take any opportunity he has.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.?

I think Dale Jr has done pretty well, 23 wins, 4 straight at Dega, 2 Daytona 500s, no championship, but he has done a hell of a lot better than the other guys that won back to back

Dale Earnhardt Jr.?
I think Dale Jr has done pretty well, 23 wins, 4 straight at Dega, 2 Daytona 500s, no championship, but he has done a hell of a lot better than the other guys that won back to back

I guess I should re state that as "hasn't lived up to expectations". Everyone expected Jr to dominate after wining those two Busch titles, there were high hopes for Truex as well and he definitely didn't turn out.

I could see Chase being different as he's still so young and has his prime youth infront of him. Both Jr's. didn't start cup until their mid 20s if I'm not mistaking...

• Interesting comments from Doug Duchardt and Jimmie Johnson. Sounds like Gordon is seriously set on retiring soon.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20141121a

What are Sprint Cup plans for Chase Elliott? In a Thursday interview on SiriusXM Satellite Radio's NASCAR channel, Hendrick Motorsports general manager Doug Duchardt said the team planned to field a car for Chase Elliott in a handful of Sprint Cup races next season under the guidance of Kenny Francis (who was promoted Wednesday from crew chief of the #5 to vehicle technical director by Hendrick). Duchardt didn't speculate further on the future for Elliott. The 18-year-old son of NASCAR Hall of Famer Bill Elliott will run the rebranded Xfinity Series next year for JRM. "We'll see what the right steps are for the future, but right now, we're just going to take 2015 and take a look at how things are progressing," Duchardt said. "It's like having a prospect in Triple A batting .380 and when's he going to come up to the club. I get it. But we'll work on that and see where that all heads. Right now, he'll run the NAPA Camaro in '15, and we'll run some Cup races and see where that leads us. I understand it's part of the fun and speculation of what could or should be done. I completely understand it. We're going to try to make sure we put him in the best position to be successful when he does come here full time."
    Hendrick also has signed Jimmie Johnson through next season. At a Thursday event to announce more than $500,000 in education grants from his foundation, the six-time series champion indicated he hoped to have an extension soon and said he had been unaware of Kahne's deal. "That's good news for Kasey," he said. Asked if Elliott was in line for his #48, Johnson said with a laugh, "No. I think there's maybe somebody else in line to retire before I do."(USA Today)(11-21-2014)

Doesn't sound like Gordon is going anywhere next year. That doesn't mean soon to me, might be what others call soon. Chase Elliott is just out of high school, think about that. 18? years old. Going to get schooled next year at the cup level and another year of Xfinity racing. Pressure from the fans to retire Gordon?, Kahne and Johnson locked in, Jr? hail no he isn't going anywhere. Wouldn't surprise me to see Gordon go at least a couple more years if he has the success he had this year, and who could blame him.

So..... With the announcement of KK's contract extension, just how does Chase enter the Cup ranks? HMS is full. SHR is full. Jr Motorsports is not an option. They can't field a Cup team according to the rules. Where's he going to go?

What rule prevents JRM from fielding a cup team?

What rule prevents JRM from fielding a cup team?
Can't drive for 4-car team and own a separate Cup car.

Here's a blurb from one of many articles explaining it.....

There is one other option that many fans rally around and that is JR Motorsports going Sprint Cup racing.

Don’t expect that to happen.

NASCAR still has a four-car rule, which doesn’t allow an individual to be able to benefit financially from the performance of more than four teams.

Not only would Rick Hendrick have to divest himself of his ownership in JR Motorsports, it also means that Earnhardt would have to either drive for his own team or give up his stake to his sister, Kelley.

Why? Because a driver can’t compete for one team and own another team when the combined total is more than four Cup cars because, theoretically, both organizations could use that driver to draw sponsorship, which is based on performance.

from here

B2-j-CMCMAACNW6.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom