Chase Round 2 (Round of 12) - Next 4 out?

Sorry, I've been paying to much attention to the weekend's weather. I think some folks added their pick to the Round 1 discussion. I'll stick a note over there linking to this one.

Thanks!

May we make a prediction here different from the other one and take the best?

Or, maybe a big bird.............................

DSC_4788.1%202_zpsvdgxm0e0.jpg

Kurt Busch
Denny Hamlin
Austin Dillon
Carl Edwards

Elliott wins Charlotte
Non-Chase driver wins Kansas
Non-Chase driver wins Talladega

Dillon, Edwards, Kenseth, and Kurt Busch are eliminated.

Wrong time of year but here's a Bold Prediction: Dillon picks up his first career win at Talladega, pushing himself into the next round. No idea about the others. I think Truex is due for some bad luck, but I imagine he makes it.

Elliott wins Charlotte

I'll expand on this further...

Elliott wins Charlotte
Kahne wins Kansas
Bowman wins Talladega
Gordon wins Martinsville
Johnson wins Texas
???mystery???driver wins Phoenix
Elliott wins the Homestead Cup

I'll expand on this further...

Elliott wins Charlotte
Kahne wins Kansas
Bowman wins Talladega
Gordon wins Martinsville
Johnson wins Texas
???mystery???driver wins Phoenix
Elliott wins the Homestead Cup

I'm thinking one of the CGR guys gets a win before the end of the year. Larson at Homestead is scary.

It is still so confusing I do not even know what round is next or who is left

Talladega being the elimination race is the real wild card here. Never know who gets taken out there and knocked out of the Chase. Having said that, here are mine:

Austin Dillon
Kurt Busch
Denny Hamlin
Jimmie Johnson

Oh man..

Dillon
Kurt
Joey
Denny/Matt/Carl

Final four is
Jimmie
Brad
Truex
Harvick/Gibbs car

Chase
Kurt
Edwards
Dillon

Elliott wins Charlotte

I fully expect Chase to flex his muscle this round.

I see his win coming at Texas in the next round. Whether or not that places him in Homestead will depend on 'Dega :mad: but I do think he'll survive and make the final 8.

Austin Dillon (weakest link aside from Talladega where they run strong)
Kurt Busch (41 team has looked pretty mediocre)
Carl Edwards (just a little bit off from what I can tell, the 19 is the weakest of what I think will be one of the JGR cars getting eliminated)
Chase Elliott (strong start, I think one of the HMS cars will show inconsistency or a mistake, for some reason I think it will be the 24)

Jimmy Johnson and the 48 has shown speed but has been mistake prone. He won't be able to points his way in this time.
Unless last weeks run at Dover was the start of some newfound speed Austin Dillon isn't fast enough to hang with the top 8.
Kurt Busch and the 41 for all their good equipment has been way off the pace the first round as well.
Finally I'll go out on a limb and pick one of the JGR guys. The only ones which have had the speed to run up front so far in the chase are the 18 and the 20. The 11 team has always been mistake prone and for some reason the 19 has been down on speed so far in this chase. However, I think Cuz can pull out a fluky win this week at Charlotte so I'll go with Denny Hamlin being eliminated.

I don't think Dillon will be eliminated in this round. Also, this round has seen the end of some stronger teams the past two years. In 2014, the Round of 12 saw the elimination of Dale Earnhardt, Jr., who led the points for a good bit of the regular season and had 3 wins at that point of the year. In 2015, the Round of 12 saw the elimination of Earnhardt after once again having a strong season and also Matt Kenseth, who at that point had won 5 races and was one of the favorites for the title.

In 2014, winless Newman and Kenseth skated through the Round of 12 and so did Carl Edwards on a dying Roush team. In 2015, Jeff Gordon (who wasn't having a season any stronger than Austin Dillon's right now) got through the Round of 12 despite going into that round as the weakest link (exempting maybe Ryan Newman).

Considering all of this and Dillon's knack for staying away from trouble AND the fact that he actually ran strongly at the tracks in this round (in the spring he finished 12th at Charlotte, 6th at Kansas and 3rd at Talladega), I think he gets through this round with ease actually.

As for this round of the Chase, I think Johnson wins Charlotte, Chase Elliott wins Kansas, and Austin Dillon wins Talladega. The eliminations will be:

Kurt Busch- Hasn't shown much speed or consistency lately
Carl Edwards- Ditto.
Martin Truex, Jr.- Will choke at Charlotte and Kansas, and will wreck at Talladega.
Matt Kenseth- Will not run strong enough at Charlotte and Kansas to make up for him also wrecking at Talladega.

So going into the Round of 8:

Brad Keselowski
Austin Dillon
Kevin Harvick
Denny Hamlin
Kyle Busch
Joey Logano
Chase Elliott
Jimmie Johnson

I said in the other thread, the next four out will be...

Kurt Busch, Dillon, Hamlin, Harvic/Karma.

I said in the other thread , next four out

Dillon
Kurt
Elliott
Johnson

Can't argue with those choices. However I would love to see Dillon take out Kenseth
and go onto the next round. Just to see if Kenseth puts him into the wall.

This topic would be interesting if everyone gave the reasons. I noticed one person gave all GM cars, so that is self explanatory.

Back
Top Bottom