cheated up cars for last race???

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
I am wondering, since nascar doesn't want to worry about controversy after the race, if the CC's just kinda cheat up the cars because its the last race. I also feel nascar wants the top 4 racing for the win. Notice how its always been the winner of the race is also the guy who happens to win the title? I don't think this is by accident.

Lol nope. The final 8 teams all send their homestead cars to the NASCAR R&D center to be tech'd before Phoenix, then they are released to the teams this week, and then they still have to go through all the usual pre qualifying and pre-race inspection to make sure nothing changes.

@Allenbaba had said a few years ago that Nascar lets the final 4 cars have a little extra for the race. If memory serves this is not to give one of the 4 an advantage but to give all 4 an advantage over the rest of the field. IDK if this is still policy or if some new means of helping the 4 is in place but I don't view this type of thing as sporting by any definition.

I remember @Allenbaba said something last year about NASCAR being a little more lenient on the final four

I think it is very obvious, and I think they want the champion to win the race..
The other 36 race like they have been told they had better be gentleman, and if all fails a late caution will be used
Imo

Wonder what happens if they want to use the same car as Phoenix although probably rare, besides it's not till Phoenix until they know who the 4 Are. And what about backup cars. Why take the 4 cars to r&d before the race that suggest the inspection process isn't good enough before the race

All eight cars that remain in the championship will go to NASCAR’s Research and Development Center for a pre-Homestead inspection, since the five drivers who aren’t locked into the championship race all have a shot at making it in Phoenix. The R&D Center, on any other given week, is only for post-race inspections and certifying new race cars for safety prior to teams entering them into races.
This unusual trip to R&D will be to try to keep teams from tampering too far with cars before Homestead, as teams are known to do, so that NASCAR won’t have to encumber anyone. The cars will be “built and ready to go” for the race when they get there, the spokesperson said.

“We’ll have all eight teams into the R&D center and inspect the cars,” the spokesperson said. “We’ll certify some of the parts like the engine, so that when we give them back, they can’t mess with them.”
The spokesperson called it a system of “checks and balances” with an extra layer of preventative measures that NASCAR doesn’t have any other week.

“Once we get to Homestead, it’s the same,” the spokesperson said. “We’ll have pre-qualifying inspection, like we always do, and we’ll have pre-race inspection like we always do.

“After the race, we’ll check the lug nuts prior to [the championship drivers] getting to the stage so the lug nuts will be good to go. They’ll celebrate, then we’ll do what we typically do at the R&D center at the track. We’ll do a full teardown on the champion at the race track.”
If a car doesn’t meet lug-nut requirements, it’ll be an immediate encumbered finish before the champion reaches the stage. But NASCAR isn’t too worried about lug nuts or any infractions that would encumber a championship finish

https://blackflag.jalopnik.com/what-happens-when-nascars-championship-contenders-all-c-1820052614

All eight cars that remain in the championship will go to NASCAR’s Research and Development Center for a pre-Homestead inspection, since the five drivers who aren’t locked into the championship race all have a shot at making it in Phoenix. The R&D Center, on any other given week, is only for post-race inspections and certifying new race cars for safety prior to teams entering them into races.
This unusual trip to R&D will be to try to keep teams from tampering too far with cars before Homestead, as teams are known to do, so that NASCAR won’t have to encumber anyone. The cars will be “built and ready to go” for the race when they get there, the spokesperson said.

“We’ll have all eight teams into the R&D center and inspect the cars,” the spokesperson said. “We’ll certify some of the parts like the engine, so that when we give them back, they can’t mess with them.”
The spokesperson called it a system of “checks and balances” with an extra layer of preventative measures that NASCAR doesn’t have any other week.

“Once we get to Homestead, it’s the same,” the spokesperson said. “We’ll have pre-qualifying inspection, like we always do, and we’ll have pre-race inspection like we always do.

“After the race, we’ll check the lug nuts prior to [the championship drivers] getting to the stage so the lug nuts will be good to go. They’ll celebrate, then we’ll do what we typically do at the R&D center at the track. We’ll do a full teardown on the champion at the race track.”
If a car doesn’t meet lug-nut requirements, it’ll be an immediate encumbered finish before the champion reaches the stage. But NASCAR isn’t too worried about lug nuts or any infractions that would encumber a championship finish

https://blackflag.jalopnik.com/what-happens-when-nascars-championship-contenders-all-c-1820052614

Time for lug nuts with an identity chip. That way they can black flag the offenders immediately.

Does it make any difference to you if Nascar gives the 4 lottery dudes an advantage over the rest of the field?

I think it is very obvious, and I think they want the champion to win the race..
The other 36 race like they have been told they had better be gentleman, and if all fails a late caution will be used
Imo

For that reason, I am keen on seeing what will happen when a non-championship four driver pulls off the upset for the first time. ;)

@Allenbaba had said a few years ago that Nascar lets the final 4 cars have a little extra for the race. If memory serves this is not to give one of the 4 an advantage but to give all 4 an advantage over the rest of the field. IDK if this is still policy or if some new means of helping the 4 is in place but I don't view this type of thing as sporting by any definition.

Explains why Newman almost won the thing that one time.

I can say with about 95% certainty that it'll be either the 2, 4, 18, or 78 in VL on Sunday.

The other 5% is for if Sunday gets rained out and one of those 4 guys wins on Monday.

How many people would know if one or more of the 8 cars take to the R&D Center was off-spec?

Honestly, I don't see how NASCAR could give those teams any advantage.
I am sure there will be no extra time during the 5 minute clock if one of the contenders wrecks.
No contender will be permitted to perform work in another cars pit stall.
They certainly will not be permitted to speed on pit road.
NASCAR will closely monitor the number of pit crew over the wall for those teams.
Impossible for one of the contenders to jump the restart.
All contenders will always have on 5 lug nuts.
The special "soaked" tires they will run will be destroyed during the burn out.
Nope, I don't see any way NASCAR could give these teams a little advantage.

They will wreck the first car in practice and go to the cheated up back up car..Nascar will never know the difference.:rolleyes: The yotas have self tightening lug nuts to go with their alien pit guns. You heard it here first.

I remember @Allenbaba said something last year about NASCAR being a little more lenient on the final four
Yes, they are. I know this factually. It's nothing outrageous (the four cars won't lap the field), it's just being less strict and giving the benefit of the doubt to the teams rather than the measuring devices if something is in the gray.

It would be disappointing if NASCAR endorsed giving the playoff cars an advantage. NASCAR has worked to level the playing field and they have done a good job in the cat & mouse advantage game.

As a fan, I'm cheering for some drivers outside the playoffs to win the race. Before the playoff days the last race usually had a race winning car and a different car winning the championship.

From a personal standpoint I don't care if they allow the 4 finalists a little extra but it makes me wonder how people can see Nascar as a sport as allowing any competitor an advantage over another is not sporting.

Yes, they are. I know this factually. It's nothing outrageous (the four cars won't lap the field), it's just being less strict and giving the benefit of the doubt to the teams rather than the measuring devices if something is in the gray.

If this is true, it is absolute 100% Bull ****.gif

The black helicopters are already circling.
I gotta say those Nascar black helicopter theories are silly.
1. Those black helicopters are very seldom black helicopters. They are almost always a Charcoal Gray color. Or more accurately defined as a traditional Charcoal Grey # 78. A color so stealth that people can't even decide if it is gray or grey.
2. The "Black Helicopters" will see very limited service at Homestead.
The sheeple need to wake up, most everyone that ever owned a VCR should know that the area does this kind stuff “à la Miami Vice style boat. Something that the Sam Bass inventory has plenty of, in an area that easily allows them to look innocent as they swarm the Homestead area on championship weekend.
Agents orchestrating for an isolated team. That has gotta be only one team, located far away from the others, and people think that is just some nice little quirk.

3. Protip: If you see anyone with Binoculars that is looking for the "Black Helicopter(s) he just might be an idiot. But he could be one of the planted agents trying to getting everyone else excited and looking for the mythological" Black Helicopter(s)"
And if you do see one you can rest assured that it is a fake placebo helicopter.
As genuine as the Brian France puppet and his cucumber toys that gets most everybody worked up and distracted.
And if you think thats silly consider the biggest Black Helicopters diversion of all, a driver named "Helio" that coincidentally lives in the area.

The thinking man will be looking for the cubed vans shuttling in and out of the track, those agents know how to blend.

From a personal standpoint I don't care if they allow the 4 finalists a little extra but it makes me wonder how people can see Nascar as a sport as allowing any competitor an advantage over another is not sporting.
They don't allow it, it's just they don't always find it.

If the final 4 get the ''benefit of the doubt'' what about the other 36 teams?

They don't allow it, it's just they don't always find it.

I believe Allen if he says they allow it as it is just another way for Nascar to try and manufacture things that come organically in the world of stick and ball.

Nascar reminds me of Meg Ryan who used to look nice but in an effort to improve herself with plastic surgery has made things abundantly worse. Both Meg and Nascar have had one too many procedures and they are both the worse for it.

If the final 4 get the ''benefit of the doubt'' what about the other 36 teams?
Stay out of the way of the Fab4 and protect Brian's dream, unless you want a lifetime of unpublished cucumbers.

Back
Top Bottom