Chicago RACE thread.

I don't think he blamed his brother, just told it like it was. Kevin shoved Matt past Kyle and Kurt was half a car length behind Kyle. I'm guessing Kurt spun the tires on the restart.
I think Harvick was trying to give the chrome horn to Kenseth too after the order fiasco.

Think Jack wishes he would of met Kenseth's contract demands right now?

I actually think the Roush cars and the program they have is just inferior to JGR overall.

Last time he won this many races was early in his career. He's always been a 2-3 win guy.

I'm not taking anything away from Matt but he's riding that fresh, new start with a new team to the top.

We'll see him level off next year.

Any Jeff fan bitchin about Jimmie just can't handle the fact that the apprentice is just as good as the master. If anything Jeff fans should support JJ be and proud of what that duo has done in NASCAR. The master has still got it though so sleep with one eye open

Kyle... shut up about the last restart. If you had a faster car than Kenseth, you woulda caught him & passed him after turn 2. You had plenty of time to do it but Matt had a better car.

I thought they had to interview the top three after the race but I guess not. Maybe that's just the post-race press conference.

I think the top-3 have to give an interview / can't decline, but the network isn't required to interview them. Maybe.

Oh yeah that must be it.

NASCAR probably told Kevin to haul ass to the consference. It was pretty late so they probably wanted to wrap it up fast.

Kyle... shut up about the last restart. If you had a faster car than Kenseth, you woulda caught him & passed him after turn 2. You had plenty of time to do it but Matt had a better car.
Kyle is not here so he can't hear you...you need to go to twitter if you want to get your message to him.:D

Oh yeah that must be it.

NASCAR probably told Kevin to haul ass to the consference. It was pretty late so they probably wanted to wrap it up fast.
That's what I was thinking. Since it was after midnight eastern time when the race ended, they probably cut a lot of the post-race stuff short.

BUQjvsFCYAA07zN.jpg:large

That's what I was thinking. Since it was after midnight eastern time when the race ended, they probably cut a lot of the post-race stuff short.
If that was the case, then they cut the post-race short so they could show ... the rebroadcast of the race. o_O

they had a very long for ESPN anyway post race show. What was amazing is that they had Kyle and Harvick sitting at the same table. they were sitting as far away from each other as they could. Neither looked at each other, and you should have seen Kyle when Kevin was explaining how he pushed Matt to the win. He was looking down and to the right away from Kevin..couldn't stand to even hear it. You could hardly hear Kevin, he was talking real low, and Kyle was not saying much either. Neither wanted to be there you could tell.

Interesting look at a couple of Jimmie Johnson's failed pit stops from last weekend.

Trouble on the #48 pit stops at Chicago…Explained!

48chicago-566x309.jpg

Sometimes when a pit crew has problems on a pit stop it’s not what everyone thinks. This weekend at Chicagoland Speedway the# 48 car had two separate stops that we are going to explain in order for everyone to better understand what really happened.

Early in the race the # 48 came down pit road somewhere in the 70 to 80 lap range. During the stop a lug nut nut came off the right rear. That can either happen when the Changer knocks it off accidently while hitting his pattern or the nut could have just come off on the hang itself. Either way, the team recovered nicely and put the nut back on the right rear tire. The official in the Nascar.com video seems to see him put it on the rear tire and still signals to the Crew Chief that there’s only 4 nuts. A split second later the official notices that there are indeed 5 nuts on the right rear and tries to get the Crew Chiefs attention to let him know that everything is OK.

Somewhere between the official and the top of the #48 box, the communication wasn’t clear. The #48 ended up sitting in there box for over 6 seconds after the stop. The front carrier even went over to look at the right rear and signaled that they were good.

When JJ finally got back on the track he went from being P1 with a 3 second lead, to P5 five seconds back. Everyone makes mistakes and that’s understandable. The official made a mistake and tried to correct it. The end result was over 6 seconds of uncertainty and not knowing whether the car could leave or not.

The bad luck didn’t stop there for the #48. Two stops later on stop 4, the Jack Man slipped coming around the front of the car. When he went to set the Jack on the left side peg, the handle wasn’t holding any pressure. It went straight to the ground and the car wasn’t coming up. At that point, the Jack, more than likely, had an air bubble in it from where the Jack Man had slipped and twisted the handle. So the Jack is now junk for that stop and you have to get another Jack. All teams carry multiple Jacks and have them sitting behind the wall for this very reason. The Jack Man quickly knew what happened and ditched the old Jack and grabbed the new one. The stop was completed but the damage was done.

Hope this helps everyone understand a little bit more about what really goes on during pit stops and realize that it’s not always what it seems. There are bad stop during races, and those stops get rightfully scrutinized, but sometimes it’s just a case of bad timing and bad luck. Everyone on pit road is a professional and keeping your cool under these circumstances can be difficult. The 48 managed to finish 5th in race and minimize the damage from a long night.

from here.

Interesting look at a couple of Jimmie Johnson's failed pit stops from last weekend.

Trouble on the #48 pit stops at Chicago…Explained!

Actually, DPK, I found your earlier post to be a more believable explanation . . .

The Lug Nut is Missing.jpg

Back
Top Bottom