Clanton Looking at Busch

71Fan

"I'm just exploring all my options," said Clanton, who is actively searching for a Busch Series ride. "I really enjoy ASA, but I am searching for an opportunity to race with the right team in the Busch Series. I know I can succeed if I'm paired with the right people."

Guess he was looking last weekend at Charlotte. My only question is why bother with Busch?

Practice, experience, why many people want to go to Busch before going to Cup so they don't get booted out of their ride and possibly ruin their career.

Jack Roush said it best......why teach em stuff they gotta unlearn later?

I'm sure most drivers could run well if paired with the right people, but hopefully he'll get a chance to try and live up to his words and make his debut in the busch series.

Well, except Mike Borkowski, but let's not speak of his name again... lol

And Christian Elder...

And Shane Hmiel...

Well it almost seems like nascar is just about sponsored out. Always hear stuff bantered around about who deserves or doesn't deserve a ride, and it seems like next year is going to be more of who can afford to run.

Originally posted by 71Fan
Well it almost seems like nascar is just about sponsored out. Always hear stuff bantered around about who deserves or doesn't deserve a ride, and it seems like next year is going to be more of who can afford to run.
Thats business for you.

Finding sufficient numbers of sponsors has been a problem in big time stock car racing almost continously for as long I've been around. Can't recall a season or even a race when there was not some number of teams seeking sponsorship.

Seems I recall that earlier this season the mantra of many was that NASCAR was not gonna be able to field 43 cars for every race, just not enough teams with the money. They came close a few times early, but seem to be having no difficulty now.

With 53 entries this weekend it sure seems like a bunch of folks are lining up their ducks for next year.

Yep,

Not uncommon this time of year. One good showing and ya never know who might be on the phone next week.

The odds are not great, but the odds against making it into WC are enormous if ya look at all the racers who would love to.

Back
Top Bottom