Cletus McFarlane Freedom 500

Professur

Team Owner
Youtube star Cletus McFarlane recently bought the closed and disused Desoto racetrack in Florida, renaming it the Freedom Factory. They will be holding an inaugural race. The race will be pay-per-view only. The money going towards bringing this historic track back from the edge and saving it for the future. Now I know everyone here is in withdrawals with no racing going on. This is your change to get your fix, and do something to help.

22 Nitro Crown Vics with your favourite youtube stars. In the comfort of your own home.

“You know when you watch a big NASCAR race and you don’t really know the guy who won?”

Lmao what
"You know these guys, you've seen them before"
They maybe familiar to this guy's regular audience, but I've never heard of him, much less his other 'YouTube stars'. I'm trying to keep his attitude from running me off, but he's clearly not trying to reach regular NASCAR viewers.

I don't know squat about YouTube channels but this looks really cheesy / third rate. I don't know about denting the seat cushions to see some nobodies wreck some Vics.

That video is from March 9, before all of these Covid19 shutdowns. I doubt the race will go ahead as planned.

I posted that one because it has all the necessary information and links. He posted an update yesterday saying damn the torpedoes, they're going ahead with it. Had to downsize the film production crew, and they lost one of the racers (guy from Demolition Ranch) because of non-related personal issues .... but it's absolutely going to happen. And for $10 ... you can't beat the value.

I don't know squat about YouTube channels but this looks really cheesy / third rate. I don't know about denting the seat cushions to see some nobodies wreck some Vics.

Its probably costing him at least $75k to do this. I like the idea of racing the doors off of some effectively daily drivers. Adding a 50 shot of nitrous to them as a push to pass adds some excitement as there only so much nitrous to use and god knows how long a Ford 4.6 with 150k miles can hold up.

That sad thing is ... this racing is far closer to Nascar's roots than what's been happening since Dale passed. But to each their own. Youtube creators do tend to support other Youtube creators ... and they try to share and expand audiences.

For those interested ... the date has perforce been moved up. The state of Florida has set a Thursday midnight curfew Stay in your Home order. To comply with that, the Freedom 500 will run Thursday (tomorrow). Broadcast starts at 7:00pm EST, Flag drops at 9:00. 21 used cop cars with a small nitrous bottle to make things interesting. Going for 100 laps .... or until the last car stops. No pits, no crews, no repairs ... drive it til you can't. The entire race may take a couple of hours .. or it might be total carnage and over in 5 minutes. Racing the way Nascar was meant to be. Drive it on Thursday .. buy it on Friday. No big names, no big teams ... just racing.

Capture.jpg

Well, the race is over. The audio was ... amateur hour. No way around that. They didn't have the tech or the people to make it better. The video ... great drone ariel footage, camera footage again, limited by the lack of crew. The race ..... FARKING AWESOME!!! Easily the most enjoyable race I've seen since the passing of Dale Sr. My son never watches races and he was glued to the sofa .. 'cept when he leapt off it ... repeatedly. Far and away, the best $10 I've spend in decades.

It was a damn fun race to watch. Yeah, I agree with the production quality, but it had glimmers of some good production. I agree the drone footage was very good. The good thing for them is that the production stuff is easy to fix with people and money, which I'm sure they're doing alright with right now.

Too bad I missed this race. I had no idea they moved it up to April 2.

Sorry Mar ... I did what I could to inform. If you bought a ticket, it is available on the same webpage to watch the replay.

Chex ... I've watch plenty of events with cars driving in circles ... but I too have to question whether or not to call them car races. This ... without question, was a car race.

Back
Top Bottom